What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl park riot

Juniors
RMC

Hills led for a significant part of the game and Blacktown evened the score just as Hills had 2 marched with 7 minutes left and Honeti Tuha landed a drop goal with a minute to spare.
Anyone know what the Hills players were marched for? Jack Mitchell got sent off altogether and Rhys Walpole got 10 mins. .

I'm hearing a local radio station which calls NSWRL matches could be facing some serious trouble after publicly naming and criticising NSWRL Referees on air. I have heard it and its disgusting the way they talk about the young referees coming through. Without the refs they wouldn't have a game to call each week. Very poor form.

Razor12

Juniors
I'm hearing a local radio station which calls NSWRL matches could be facing some serious trouble after publicly naming and criticising NSWRL Referees on air. I have heard it and its disgusting the way they talk about the young referees coming through. Without the refs they wouldn't have a game to call each week. Very poor form.
Yes triple H 100.1 one of the reporters said that Moorebank had won the game today because the ref had given them a penalty which lead to a try and the next set an obstruction lead to another try.

rightleftin

Juniors
We are seeing a number of second generation players appearing in the comps:

Jayden Yates, son of Chris, played RMC on Saturday
Isiah Nuimata, son of Windsor stalwart, Tito, played SS for St Marys on Saturday.
Epa Navale Junior, son of the Sydney Bulls winger has been playing RMC/SS for Wenty
Shae Jarvis, whose father and 2uncles all played for Ryde Eastwood has been playing RMC/SS for Asquith.
Jack and Jayden Wheelhouse, sons of Brett, who played with his brother for Ryde Eastwood and St Marys, are playing for RMC/SS for Guildford.
Josh Camroux, son of Peter, who played for Ryde Eastwood and coached Belrose, has been playing for RMC for Guildford

Last edited:

leaguelover610

Juniors
Is this true? Source? Media have been stuck into referees all weekend i guess they thought they would join the club. What did they do that was any different to the rest of the media

rightleftin

Juniors
Interesting SS team named for Asquith this week - includes Ben Fisher, Pat Weisner, Michael Pearsall, Alex Nicholls O'neill, Braeden Batiste, Jon Grimes, Vinny Ngaro, Alipate Tani etc - looks like premiers but will it actually take the field.

Interesting SS team named for Asquith this week - includes Ben Fisher, Pat Weisner, Michael Pearsall, Alex Nicholls O'neill, Braeden Batiste, Jon Grimes, Vinny Ngaro, Alipate Tani etc - looks like premiers but will it actually take the field.

I think u will find Pat Weisner being named is a gee up from the team manager.

Don't be surprised if he pulls the boots on though ;)

rightleftin

Juniors
I think u will find Pat Weisner being named is a gee up from the team manager.

Don't be surprised if he pulls the boots on though ;)

Yeah the team has been updated and predictably Fisher and Weisner are not playing but Josh Hall, Mike Filimona and Tuki Jackson have been added to the others so still looks very strong.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Yeah the team has been updated and predictably Fisher and Weisner are not playing but Josh Hall, Mike Filimona and Tuki Jackson have been added to the others so still looks very strong.
Pat said they have had a horrible run of injuries lately but should have more competition for places in the next few games which means Shield being much stronger.

Watch out for the centre named in Massey for Asquith. Andrew Clout. The bloke is a gun. Damaging frame and will be dominate in the Centres.....

Tarantosaurus

Juniors

TripleH just spoke about you hahaha. They want to know where this rumour came from, and addressed their comments on air. They repeated what they said after our Moorebank game, and I don't think it was harsh.

TripleH just spoke about you hahaha. They want to know where this rumour came from, and addressed their comments on air. They repeated what they said after our Moorebank game, and I don't think it was harsh.

So to name and shame young referees coming through is ok. These people who call themselves rugby league fans wouldn't have a game to call if it wasn't for the referees.

Tarantosaurus

Juniors
So to name and shame young referees coming through is ok. These people who call themselves rugby league fans wouldn't have a game to call if it wasn't for the referees.
I felt they didn't shame the referees, They made mention of 3 or 4 referees that are at the top of their game, but that there's still a huge gap between NSWRL and NRL referees.

rightleftin

Juniors
St Marys beat Wests 44-18 yesterday to make 5 wins in a row since Wenty put 50 on them on 24 June. The Saints looked like they were just making up the numbers with only 4 wins in their first 10 games, even losing 20-6 to Wests in round 5. Wests only other win this season was over Brothers by a solitary point.

Guildford, who play Asquith today, have had the opposite trajectory to St Marys. Guildford led the comp after 8 rounds but over the last 7 weeks they have beaten only Brothers and lost 5 RMC games as well as losing to Dubbo CYMS on their bye week.

rightleftin

Juniors
There is a high excitement at Belrose after their 30 point win against Hills improved their record to 4 wins and 10 losses in the SS, which matches Blacktown's record but crucially Belrose has a PD of negative 118 compared with Blacktown's negative 130. Both teams are likely to lose 3 of their last 4 games and with each playing Brothers they will be aiming to win by as many as possible to secure a place of the finals were either should go down by 50 or 60.

In the real part of the SS comp both East Campbelltown and St Marys went into their top of the table clash with 12 wins and 2 losses. East Campbelltown prevailed in dominant fashion, winning 38-6. The closest game of the round was Asquith's 50-24 win over a 14 man Guildford side, which has borne the brunt of suspensions and injuries to the RMC side, with 5 SS players stepping up in the last few weeks.

earl park riot

Juniors
Glebe-Burwood defeated Hills 38-10 in the RMC match at Crestwood. Big Kem Seru played his first game for the Dirty Reds this season making a number of powerful runs. Penani Manumalealii led the team around nicely, with the Tsikrikas Brothers, Sam Latu and Jesse Marschke all turning in solid performances. Big game coming up against Cabra at Henson on Saturday (3rd v 4th).

Status
Not open for further replies.