What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Going by earlier comments on here I thought that Asquith were supposed to be a basket case with not enough players, no recruitment and a coach with no idea what he was doing? :wink:

MasseyShield86

Juniors
St Mary’s are having a horrid early season injury run currently..With the likes of Geoff Daniela, Robbie Vai , Marli Sini, Sarafu fatiaki injured and after losing half lazarus Brown early on against Glebe today they struggled with direction after a very competitive first 40. Glebe are a
Barge and bash based side relying on quick play the ball and ruck speed along with a ref who likes to blow his whistle.. again I don’t see them maintaining this run through to the finals with teams having fitter rosters and playing smarter footy.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Any predictions for the wenty v brothers SS and RMC scores ? Could be a couple of cricket scores...might be good for Wentys for and against

Also how will both the Asquith v Cabra games turn out? Will be a good guide to see how Cabra are travelling.

Broncos93

Juniors
Glebe are a
Barge and bash based side relying on quick play the ball and ruck speed along with a ref who likes to blow his whistle.. again I don’t see them maintaining this run through to the finals with teams having fitter rosters and playing smarter footy.

That's how they've been as long as I've remembered them. A momentum team that is easily strangled with a decent completion rate and a smart pair of halves. They have impressed me this season though, they seem a cut above their usual hot & cold efforts.

earl park riot

Juniors
St Mary’s are having a horrid early season injury run currently..With the likes of Geoff Daniela, Robbie Vai , Marli Sini, Sarafu fatiaki injured and after losing half lazarus Brown early on against Glebe today they struggled with direction after a very competitive first 40. Glebe are a
Fair point re St Marys injury toll, although Glebe Burwood have had similar struggles. Kem Seru, Latrell Robinson and Jokotama Dokonivalu haven’t played yet this season (paternity leave/injury), Jackson Garlick hasn’t played since round 1 due to a sternum complaint and Ray Lesoa and Charlton Schaafhausen missed Saturday’s game due to illness/injury. There’s a lot of talent there still to return.

Joker44

Juniors
Fair point re St Marys injury toll, although Glebe Burwood have had similar struggles. Kem Seru, Latrell Robinson and Jokotama Dokonivalu haven’t played yet this season (paternity leave/injury), Jackson Garlick hasn’t played since round 1 due to a sternum complaint and Ray Lesoa and Charlton Schaafhausen missed Saturday’s game due to illness/injury. There’s a lot of talent there still to return.

All that quality comes at a cost. Would love to know how they can afford all these players without a Leagues club. Coach must be pulling some good strings in terms of sponsors.

earl park riot

Juniors
All that quality comes at a cost. Would love to know how they can afford all these players without a Leagues club. Coach must be pulling some good strings in terms of sponsors.
The club has a number or strong supporters including Club York, Ladbrokes and Garlo’s Pies. Financial base is solid even without big leagues club backing.

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC

Mounties 22 Guildford 16
Asquith 24 Cabra 18
Blacktown 29 Hills 16
Wenty 18 Brothers 16

An extraordinary change in fortunes for Brothers, who hit the front with 20 minutes to go but could not hold on. Wenty's form has been below par in the first month but the big test will be whether Brothers can repeat the effort against Mounties next week.

Mounties produced their best result to date. Guildford seemed to be controlling the game when the led 16-6 half way through the second half but benefitted from a much stronger bench to charge home. Guildford had Matt Ryan playing no7, in the absence of Josh Lewis but he left the game injured prior to half time. I guess all teams have to deal with injuries - Mounties are already up to their 3rd fullback. Mataele had a productive weekend, picking up 2 winning bonuses after playing the last 10 minutes of ISP and then the full game today.

Asquith had to contend with a combative Cabra side, who had to bring up 3 SS players with Luani and Morgan not playing in either ISP or RMC.

SS
Wenty 46 Brothers 6
Asquith 40 Cabra 20
Guildford 24 Moorebank 24
Blacktown 22 Hills 18
St Marys 26 Belrose 8

For the second week running Moorebank gave up a strong lead in the final 20 minutes while an undermanned St Marys side trailed 4-0 after 30 minutes when super sub Ray Maroun was inserted into the game and scored 3 tries before half time.

Last edited:

kbw

Bench
Asquith had to contend with a combative Cabra side, who had to bring up 3 SS players with Luani and Morgan not playing in either ISP or RMC.

Cabra also had to contend with some extremely one sided refereeing some of the worst I have seen. But regardless it was their mistakes and own dumb deicison making that cost them.

Don't know whats happened to Storey Park though, once the home of the "less than sensible crowd" was a very nice friendly place today.

Cabra also had to contend with some extremely one sided refereeing some of the worst I have seen. But regardless it was their mistakes and own dumb deicison making that cost them.

Don't know whats happened to Storey Park though, once the home of the "less than sensible crowd" was a very nice friendly place today.

Cabra won the penalty count 12-11

Very one sided

Asquith haven't won a penalty count in the 3 trials and the first 4 rounds.

Also they were without, Jackson Williams, Jake Samoa, the Veamatahau twins, Tuki Jackson, Jon Grimes out and lost Ben Fisher after 20mins.

A great win for Asquith. They will be contenders this season

kbw

Bench
Cabra won the penalty count 12-11

Very one sided

you are correct very one sided. :)
lost count of the number of 6-7 second tackles with Asquith lying all over the player. You are always going to get decisions you don't agree with but inability of the referee to keep Asquith onside and out of the ruck was bizarre to say the least
When a player stands up and prepares to play the ball then juggles it because the marker decided to try and slap it from his hands you do start to wonder why no penalty.
But as I mentioned the main factor in Cabra losing was their mistakes and dumb decisions.
Asquith will do well if they have that many good players to come back and it was also good to see Alex hasn't lost any of his speed (a very good kid)

MasseyShield86

Juniors
Lazarus Brown From St Marys has fractured his wrist and will be out for 6-8 weeks.
Do you guys think it will be a big loss to Saints?

Broncos93

Juniors
you are correct very one sided. :)
lost count of the number of 6-7 second tackles with Asquith lying all over the player. You are always going to get decisions you don't agree with but inability of the referee to keep Asquith onside and out of the ruck was bizarre to say the least
When a player stands up and prepares to play the ball then juggles it because the marker decided to try and slap it from his hands you do start to wonder why no penalty.
But as I mentioned the main factor in Cabra losing was their mistakes and dumb decisions.
Asquith will do well if they have that many good players to come back and it was also good to see Alex hasn't lost any of his speed (a very good kid)
Ive got to say i didnt see that at all but each to their own. A very scrappy game with poor completions from both sides but Asquiths right edge just had a field day with poor reads and decisions made by Cabras left edge. Thought they did a good job marking Donny Thompson out of the game too as he's Cabras biggest threat.

Coastbloke

Bench

I'm surprised by this. Was thinking of catching a game at Storey Park at some stage. What's the go, I would have thought it would have been genteel North Shore.. :relaxed:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ladder updates

ISP after Round 8

upload_2018-4-30_9-15-47.png

Flegg after Round 8 - there are now two bye weeks before comp resumes in Round 11

upload_2018-4-30_9-16-19.png

RMC after Round 4

upload_2018-4-30_9-16-36.png

Shield after Round 4

upload_2018-4-30_9-16-52.png

rightleftin

Juniors
Mounties have gone youth in their coaching appointments - Ryan Carr (ISP) is 28 and Jarred Farlow (RMC) is 31. When Buck Rogers was older than the 2 combined when he coached Blacktown Workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.