What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Souths @Accor

Hooked

Juniors
Schneider needs to play cup. He will be replacing Cleary soon. Having him off the bench for limited minutes in the next few weeks would be stupid.

I said this a week ago.

Whilst I think Schneider can offer something at 14. With Origin coming up he is better in the short-term playing 80 minutes in reserve grade.
Junk minutes off the bench, and probably out of position won't help him.
He was bought to cover Nathan. Like SOS, Like Cogs.

Who knows what madge is going to do. There is chance Luai gets picked too. Or gets injured beforehand.
On the off chance of that happening we need a Cole/Schneider or a Laurie /Schneider combo playing together in reserve grade weeks before Origin ready to go

Iamback

Coach
To'o, Martin, Yeo, Nathan, with a slightly possible Kenny, Luai, nsw is still playing pantherball

The 1st 4 yes. Not sure Fatrell and Tom Turbo are up for Pantherball. So I think Hynes, JAC and a few others are there to mix it up

WestyLife

First Grade
TPJ won't come back to Sydney. He's not an option.

It's still early and without a consistent roster I don't like some of what's happened but also don't think it's representative of what the finals team will be like.

Souths have some good in them but can't handle ant sustained pressure right now because they aren't mentally invested. Just grind no errors and done

Iamback

Coach
TPJ won't come back to Sydney. He's not an option.

It's still early and without a consistent roster I don't like some of what's happened but also don't think it's representative of what the finals team will be like.

Souths have some good in them but can't handle ant sustained pressure right now because they aren't mentally invested. Just grind no errors and done

I said in the other thread. I want to see us at full strength and I wouldn't be rushing to major chances before Origin.

You are right about Souffs BUT if their passes stick and they are moving the ball around. I have seen little from us to instill confidence that we can get momentum back.

So we should win but we could also end up getting put away

WestyLife

First Grade
I said in the other thread. I want to see us at full strength and I wouldn't be rushing to major chances before Origin.

You are right about Souffs BUT if their passes stick and they are moving the ball around. I have seen little from us to instill confidence that we can get momentum back.

So we should win but we could also end up getting put away

I just don't see them keeping any momentum if they have a good attacking set and fail like the cows last night who kept coming. Even with the issue I agree with you on the defence is still there.

Sime_11

Juniors
Souths will be up for this - ignore how shit they have been - they will be up for this big time. Souths can get a roll on like the Cowboys - so dont underestimate them.

Laurie cant play 14 unless there is a genuine plan - we a running a 3 man bench and we need to manage workloads of players (especially with inevitable Origin selections) - its also not fair to Laurie's progression as a player to be minimal game time

just grind and dont give them an inch - just beat them into submission

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Apparently there is a big threat of rain, and heavy heavy rain through the back end of this week (500mm+)

That will come into it if early forecasts are correct. Wont be high scoring, our defence will get us home per usual.

Munky

Coach
Apparently there is a big threat of rain, and heavy heavy rain through the back end of this week (500mm+)

That will come into it if early forecasts are correct. Wont be high scoring, our defence will get us home per usual.

There goes the Regatta Centre paths again...

1/3rd of the season done. What is the report card?

2023 Panthers were 4 wins, 4 losses and 1 bye after 9 rounds.

2024 Panthers are 5 wins, 2 losses and 1 bye heading into round 9.

I think they are tracking ok without playing anywhere near their best and still trying to find their groove and click. Pass mark.
I’d also quietly look at the draw for the rest of the day; it makes promising reading. We have games against Bronocs and Storm to come, and potential banana skins against Sharks and Manly, but overall looks quite light. Two games against each of Souths, Knights, Dragons etc. games against Titans and Raiders, Cows in Sydney and Warriors in Brisbane.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
NSW cup team dropped.

Alamoti named @ Centre
Schneider @ HB
Luke. Back @ hooker
Toelau on the bench.

No Mav, Sommerton or Hassett. Not sure if the last two are injured?

Latest posts