What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeepe

Immortal
Can't add players yet, we've got another waiver run to go before FCFS starts up. I must have stuffed the settings when I set up the process for the in-season set up. You'll have to drop Allison, I'll fix it all up tomorrow.
Ah right, sorry.

kurt faulk

Coach
Sneaky smart move. I meant to close this little loophole of getting FAs and putting them straight to IR during the off season but forgot to add it to the rule changes. Next year.

but if he wants to keep him next season wouldn't he have to franchise tag him?

nick87

Coach
That's true, we're not in season yet so the 1 year option rule for FA pick ups we will have doesn't apply. Still worthy of a stash.

OHHH f**k
In my head we were in season! I picked him up with the idea of exercising the option... le sigh

kurt faulk

Coach

i'm a little confused here, i thought the season started after the fa auction finished.

so you're saying i could have assigned keelan cole 5 years if i wanted to? because that's what i would have done if i knew it was still the off season.

zombie jesus

Staff member

i'm a little confused here, i thought the season started after the fa auction finished.

so you're saying i could have assigned keelan cole 5 years if i wanted to? because that's what i would have done if i knew it was still the off season.

No, Cole is a 1 year deal. Multi year deals are via the auction only.

Copy/paste from the rule change thread:
This is for blind-bid waivers in season only
All pick ups are a 1-year deal with an option for a second year for 2 players only, to be assigned before FA the following year when we do tags, renegotiations etc.

kurt faulk

Coach
No, Cole is a 1 year deal. Multi year deals are via the auction only.

Copy/paste from the rule change thread:
This is for blind-bid waivers in season only
All pick ups are a 1-year deal with an option for a second year for 2 players only, to be assigned before FA the following year when we do tags, renegotiations etc.

yeah i read that but couldn't understand what happened between the fa auction and the beginning of the regular season. are you saying anybody picked up after the fa auction till now can't have an option for a second year?

also, how much will the 2nd year option cost?

zombie jesus

Staff member
yeah i read that but couldn't understand what happened between the fa auction and the beginning of the regular season. are you saying anybody picked up after the fa auction till now can't have an option for a second year?

also, how much will the 2nd year option cost?

Between FA and the season it's just a 1 year deal, no option. That was my intention anyway, we can sort it out before next season when we vote on rule stuff.

Option cost is the the same salary you've got them on.

I think next year we'll just do the auction and then shut it all down, then have 1 big waiver wire run the Sunday before the season starts and FCFS after that.

raiders_boy

Juniors
I did it a while back, but my sneaky good pick up of Marqise Lee is now on IR.

Pumped to splash out the $500 I got back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.