What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 team

Joel-22

Juniors
1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Nathan Ross
3.Shaun Kenny-Dowell
4.Tautau Moga
5.Ken Sio
6.Connor Watson
7.Brock Lamb
8.Daniel Saifiti
9.Jamie Buhrer
10.Josh King
11.Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Mitch Barnett

14.Danny Levi
15.Herman Ese'ese
16.Jacob Saifiti
17.Sione Mata'utia

That's what I'd go with if we don't sign anyone else (which seems unlikely)

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
Add five or six more genuine first graders to that squad.

We're going to have first graders in Cup if everyone if fit, rather than the other way around.

aqua_duck

Coach
Before the injuries Moga was rated as the next Israel Folau, I think he's really starting to gain that confidence back in his body and his size will add another dimension to our backline. Quite frankly I think based on what he shown this year we're getting a bargain for under $350k a year considering he's still only 23.

Yosh

Coach
I think Sio will be a great outside of Moga. One is flair the other is safe as a house. Sio to score 15 tries next year if Moga and Sio stay fit for the season together.

macavity

Referee
Never been a big Adam Blair fan, but he is better than Graham these days, and fills the forward leader role. Not a stats monster but always seems to be where he needs to be.

To be fair, I don't know if anyone could be a leader at Wests Tigers - the place has been a toxic rabble for 10 years.

K-Man

Bench
I think Sio will be a great outside of Moga. One is flair the other is safe as a house. Sio to score 15 tries next year if Moga and Sio stay fit for the season together.

I think Ross will play outside Moga on he left, and SKD will partner with Sio or a new signing on the right.

Also Moga doesn't look like he's a big fan of passing the ball. But if you're as damaging as he is you can get away with it most of the time. Hopefully he does have a pass in his game when it matters, unlike a Junior Sau.

Volcom6685

Juniors
I think Ross will play outside Moga on he left, and SKD will partner with Sio or a new signing on the right.

Also Moga doesn't look like he's a big fan of passing the ball. But if you're as damaging as he is you can get away with it most of the time. Hopefully he does have a pass in his game when it matters, unlike a Junior Sau.
He set up a try last week For Oates when he drew both defenders

aqua_duck

Coach
Watch Moga's highlights package on YouTube, plenty of examples of him setting up his winger. The thing I like about Moga is he likes to try beat his opposite on the outside which allows him to set up his winger, Gagai I feel comes infield too much

Still Nutty

Juniors
Just to keep the details up to date....(off the NRL 'confirmed signings' posts)

Hull FC have signed prop Mickey Paea 31, who returns having spent two years with the club after joining from cross-city rivals Hull KR in 2014....

and

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/41000546

Castleford Tigers have signed Newcastle Knights centre Joe Wardle on a three-year contract.

The 25-year-old joined the NRL side from Huddersfield in December 2016 and has made 15 appearances this year.

Wardle said: "I would just like to say thank you to Newcastle for working alongside me in what has been a hard time adjusting to life down under.

"Rugby careers are short so happiness is key and sometimes things don't work out, which is unfortunately the case."

Not sorry that they haven't found a place here in 2018 but good luck to both for the rest of their respective careers.

Just to keep the details up to date....(off the NRL 'confirmed signings' posts)

Hull FC have signed prop Mickey Paea 31, who returns having spent two years with the club after joining from cross-city rivals Hull KR in 2014....

and

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/41000546

Castleford Tigers have signed Newcastle Knights centre Joe Wardle on a three-year contract.

The 25-year-old joined the NRL side from Huddersfield in December 2016 and has made 15 appearances this year.

Wardle said: "I would just like to say thank you to Newcastle for working alongside me in what has been a hard time adjusting to life down under.

"Rugby careers are short so happiness is key and sometimes things don't work out, which is unfortunately the case."

Not sorry that they haven't found a place here in 2018 but good luck to both for the rest of their respective careers.
Add that Randell has been released to head somewhere.

macavity

Referee
Watch Moga's highlights package on YouTube, plenty of examples of him setting up his winger. The thing I like about Moga is he likes to try beat his opposite on the outside which allows him to set up his winger, Gagai I feel comes infield too much

Don't get any opposition to this signing on a skills basis - injury risk perhaps, but he is huge and skillful - potential to be one of the best centres in the comp very very quickly.

Pigskin

Juniors
Herman will easily be your best prop for many years to come

Sheer stupidity for us Broncos to not re-sign him

Latest posts