What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 team

TomRedVRiver

Bench
So just out of curiosity guys, if your club happens to land ALL of their current rumoured targets.. How is your 17 looking next year? Because as it stands right now it's looking like a team that could challenge for the top 8.

I really hope you guys pull together a good squad and do well, you absolute deserve it.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I dont think we will land them all mate. But based on what is there now we would have a pretty good but still in expereinced first 17 and then not much depth.

With Gagai gone and Pete Mat rumoured to be going there is an opportunity in the centres. So hard to know what the plan is there unless we sign someone or go through a pre season.

Tbh just getting a few wins feels like Christmas at the moment. Hopefully the worst is over and the only way is up.

Old dog

Juniors
At this time, considering the signings we have, not the proposed, we will be competitive but I do have a concern with centre, want SKD to play wing, Ross the other, Moga is centre but no obvious replacement/sub for Pete who I assume is going, Elliott is good but prefer at f/back or wing. If no signings then I am looking at Sione, we are very strong in 2nd row.

macavity

Referee
Will be SKD to centre and Sio to wing at this stage you would think, but we have more to come.

I think we know we are doing well when "solid" players like Sio and Pete Mat don't make our 17.

Bartwah

Juniors
If we sign another "experienced" prop, surely they start the game with EseEse being handed the other starting spot. Imagine the saifiti boys both coming on in the 20th minute! They play so much better off the back of each other. Oh looorrrdddd :heart_eyes:

Old dog

Juniors
Will be SKD to centre and Sio to wing at this stage you would think, but we have more to come.

I think we know we are doing well when "solid" players like Sio and Pete Mat don't make our 17.
While Sio is in your side you ain't going to make it, professional but lacking, was never an out and out first grader, went to EPL than back to Aussie, job for the boys. NRL to EPL works but not in reverse. He won't be firsts next year, better potentials in reserves, Elliott, so pay him out.

Johns Magic

Referee
While Sio is in your side you ain't going to make it, professional but lacking, was never an out and out first grader, went to EPL than back to Aussie, job for the boys. NRL to EPL works but not in reverse. He won't be firsts next year, better potentials in reserves, Elliott, so pay him out.

You are 100% entitled to your opinion, but how is it possibly jobs for the boys?

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Blake Green has proved that you can go to super league and come back a better player

Burwood

Bench
I think Sio is exactly the type of player you need in your side to win a premiership. He's a strong finisher, he has a very good work rate and he is safe. It's so weird to have a team bomb our wingers and it not being at best a 50/50 chance of catching it each time. We spent 4-5 years as a club where any high kick was heart in the mouth stuff.

Every week I look at Sio's stats and I'm surprised by his workload. He never gets early ball from his centre. He isn't at the end of sweeping backline movements. Yet he consistently has his 15 hit ups and 130m. There is very little between his best and worse.

The guy is vanilla, but vanilla is needed to balance out everything else. I look forward to seeing what he can do next year hopefully outside of a quality centre and a backline containing Watson and Ponga.

perverse

Referee
Sio has been ok. Just ok. We needed that, but moving forward he's just too slow I think. Would be good to keep him around as depth if he doesn't get many offers elsewhere. Surprised to see he's still only 26.

Yosh

Coach
I think if Sio is on low coin, he's exactly the type of player we need. Solid winger on little money who can do all the vanilla stuff so we can put money into the spine and real match winners.

PhilGould

Bench
I really don't get the Sio hate. He's safe as houses under the high ball (last weeks kick off aside), makes good metres coming out of our own end and is a pretty good defender. Much better than Uate was defending outside the same turnstile. He's pretty similar to James McManus who everyone seemed to love.

Fair enough there's much better wingers out there but some carry on like he's terrible and a problem for us.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Not sure anyone really hates him tbh

He's vanilla and most want superstar though. Every team needs guys like him and I'd be happy if he stays

Pedge1971

First Grade
Half time in the Dogs v Rabbitohs. Not sure any of that rabble would make our team. Their entire middle jas been pathetic.

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't mind Sio and appreciate his physicality in his hit ups but I'd love to see Nick Meaney get a start on the wing in the trials

Burwood

Bench
That's what you need from your wingers. Two very strong finishes and his usual consistent self in other aspects of his game.