What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Trials

mxlegend99

Referee
Only caught 10mins but did Aussie Jim run hard once?
Away from the opposition maybe.

No one looked good in the starting lineup. Thats the worst performance I have ever seen when you consider who we played.

I had us winning by 50+ easily. And still not being convinced.

mxlegend99

Referee
And there's people here who say your too negative. Won't see a more optimistic post than that all night.
Fullstrength NRL team eith reps littered through it. Including 3 australian reps.

Up against reserve grade team eith 2 guys that might get an NRLmatch here and there. I was certain we would thump them even going in half hearted.

Copperhead

Juniors
Fullstrength NRL team eith reps littered through it. Including 3 australian reps.

Up against reserve grade team eith 2 guys that might get an NRLmatch here and there. I was certain we would thump them even going in half hearted.

I don't think anyone saw that coming.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not for you on here after Moylan scores more Dally M points than Jimmy
That performance from Maloney was what I feared. A defensive liability and penalty magnet that we aren't equipped to cover.

Although I never dreamed ashit team would expose him. Only top 4 sides.

Yeah thats only atrial. But that was gutless and pathetic. Against a team without a player who could crack our side. 90% wouldn't crack our reserves.

I didnt believe the Hook rumours. But looking at that... maybe the team is tanking it go get him sacked

OldPanther

Coach
That performance from Maloney was what I feared. A defensive liability and penalty magnet that we aren't equipped to cover.

Yeah thats only atrial. But that was gutless and pathetic. Against a team without a player who could crack our side. 90% wouldn't crack our reserves.

I didnt believe the Hook rumours. But looking at that... maybe the team is tanking it go get him sacked

He did put on a couple of good passes which Peachy ruined.

No need to worry its not like Jimmy is the worst defender in the comp or the most penalised....we are fantastic defenders with top notch discipline

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers played hard for the 1st 15 mins. After that it was just rolling through the game as if defense practice rather than attack was more of a priority. It looked overall as though both sides were told that the Panthers and Dogs were not going to come out full steam. Looks like the Dogs ignored that instruction.

If you (actually) watched it as a trial,that is all it was...a trial.

mxlegend99

Referee
You guys make me laugh...

Oh well, there’s always next year I guess.
Any dickhead willing to defend that makes me laugh..

Trial or not. A reserve grade side schooled us in every aspect of the game. Even a half hearted performance should have resulted in a 50+ point flogging.

But there were no signs of a game plan or structure. No heart in defence. No signs of any improvement at all. Thats an all time low for us under Hook.

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers played hard for the 1st 15 mins. After that it was just rolling through the game as if defense practice rather than attack was more of a priority. It looked overall as though both sides were told that the Panthers and Dogs were not going to come out full steam. Looks like the Dogs ignored that instruction.

I watched it as a reserve grade team playing an NRL team. Only the result was reversed.

OldPanther

Coach

Sure hope it was a deliberate decision to take it easy. They started out with attacking structure and just stopped after 15 mins. They became a complete rabble with Peachey and Mansour running sideways all game and 1 out props.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Exactly. Griffin didn't make an interchange until 37mins. It was about getting miles in the legs.

If you think stuctures, set plays were going to be on show tonight. Never in a million years. It would be like a magican showing his best tricks for the kids matinee.

I was happy. No injuries. Blake looks as though he could possibly make round 1. I want Peachey back to the bench if possible.

Panthers were not running at full speed.

Any dickhead willing to defend that makes me laugh..

Trial or not. A reserve grade side schooled us in every aspect of the game. Even a half hearted performance should have resulted in a 50+ point flogging.

But there were no signs of a game plan or structure. No heart in defence. No signs of any improvement at all. Thats an all time low for us under Hook.
One of the major problems with the team as I see it.......ego. Teams both need a bit of merkin I want to hurt you (RGC) and merkin the game is on the line its time to win....Moylan had that but hes gone

Latest posts