What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 - what needs to change

southland

Juniors
Has anyone seen Barba run on for St Helens yet? I cannot see a way he would come back after the fiasco earlier this year. We (the club) didnt look after him. But that said Barba did the wrong* think (partied). Huge shame it went down the way it did as we all know how common cocaine use is for NRL players...

Surely

Post Whore
Hooker just turned 21 fullback just turned 22

Couple of 20's that show promise in nikora and Kennedy

A centre pairing of Dugan and Gray, with feki and leutele on the wing.

Won't have the being up to knock off the premiers curse.

If we can produce a good 6 or 7 from somewhere it shouldn't be a bad season.

shaggs

Coach
Kennedy will be cya l8r.
Great attacking player skilful, but a bit light still.
Plus, you know where he plays.
Agree. Too light for me.
Metcalf will never be big anough. Manly can have him.

Tuilagi and lume lume better have a good year next year or 20s is their peak

Surely

Post Whore
Agree. Too light for me.
Metcalf will never be big anough. Manly can have him.

Tuilagi and lume lume better have a good year next year or 20s is their peak

Metcalf is only 18, two years of training and gym work and he will be right.

Inferno

Coach
Because he will be looking to upgrade his contract in 18 months and he won't be in a position to do that on the wing.

Based on 2017 I'd be surprised if another club looked at him as their first choice fullback.

He's worth about 400 - 500K as a test winger but no more than that.

Perhaps worth trialling as a centre?

millersnose

Post Whore
He plays wing for QLD and kills it
He plays wing for Aus and kills it
He plays wing the sharks and kills it

So we move him to fullback.
hindsight is a wonderful thing
most of us thought he would go better than he did and the coach hedged his bets on that same line of thought
coaching is about holding your nerve in a gamble

Inferno

Coach
You guys are harsh one season at fullback 21 years old

He's been a fullback for years and this is his third year in top grade. In my view the great things he's done are far outweighed by the average things he's done. If we didn't have a quality fullback on the books next year it would be a different story but we have a better options that already has more runs on the board.

In 2015 he scored 16 tries with 1 try assist.
In 2016 he scored 18 tries with 2 try assists
in 2017 he scored 6 tries with 5 try asissts

I didn't expect him to be the greatest fullback in the league, but I thought he'd be in the top 10. I don't think he has and for the playing ability he has I don't think that's an unfair expectation.

Surely

Post Whore
He's been a fullback for years and this is his third year in top grade. In my view the great things he's done are far outweighed by the average things he's done. If we didn't have a quality fullback on the books next year it would be a different story but we have a better options that already has more runs on the board.

In 2015 he scored 16 tries with 1 try assist.
In 2016 he scored 18 tries with 2 try assists
in 2017 he scored 6 tries with 5 try asissts

I didn't expect him to be the greatest fullback in the league, but I thought he'd be in the top 10. I don't think he has and for the playing ability he has I don't think that's an unfair expectation.

He is in the top 10

It was his first season where the position was his

He was 21

speaking of fullbacks, just thinking about how ET adapted to fullback when selected there for NSW in the 90s, he was great.

I remember Big Artie moving him from centre to fullback when he bought Charlie Saab to the club, but Saab and McGaw did not a centres pairing make. Another coaching gamble.

Surely

Post Whore
With a coach as stubborn as Flanno,I'm expecting minimal changes.

So you think a 21yo should get one season

And dugan

Fmd Dugan is an average FB these days despite have years of experience on Holmes.

Makes me laugh when people expect a 21yo to replace a 27yo who's played the position all his career, and then say oh well he's not as good as barba back to the wing you go.

Latest posts