What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 3rd Test Australia v England, Leeds Aug 22-26

We've got about five guys in the seven that need to be dropped, or are on the precipice (Warner, Bancroft, Khawaja, Wade, Paine).

Warner and Bancroft for me have to go next test because we have ready made replacements waiting. If horses for courses is applied to the bowlers due to the conditions, why can't it be applied to the batsmen?

Bring Warner in when we're back on our own flat tracks where he can bully everyone. Ditto Khawaja. Bancroft needs his card marked, he's not good enough in any situation.

If Alex Carey works overtime on his keeping I reckon he will be guaranteed to take over Paine once Smith's ban expires. If not, Scissorhands may as well keep because Paine sure as hell isn't much better than him at that right now.

We've got about five guys in the seven that need to be dropped, or are on the precipice (Warner, Bancroft, Khawaja, Wade, Paine).

Warner and Bancroft for me have to go next test because we have ready made replacements waiting. If horses for courses is applied to the bowlers due to the conditions, why can't it be applied to the batsmen?

Bring Warner in when we're back on our own flat tracks where he can bully everyone. Ditto Khawaja. Bancroft needs his card marked, he's not good enough in any situation.

If Alex Carey works overtime on his keeping I reckon he will be guaranteed to take over Paine once Smith's ban expires. If not, Scissorhands may as well keep because Paine sure as hell isn't much better than him at that right now.

Who do you replace Warner & Bancroft with? There’s only Harris, unless you move Khawaja up to opener.

Don’t see Wade being on the precipice just yet, a ton tends to buy you time. Obviously he needs to be more consistent though. Plus if he doesn’t play that probably means Marsh does, I’d rather stick out the series with Wade.

Eelectrica

Referee
Yeah, realistically Warner isn't going to be dropped.
Probably not Wade yet either give his century in the first test. That buys people not named Burns or Patterson a few extra games.

Bancroft gone though, can he at least teach the rest how to catch? That would help.

Hutty1986

Immortal
No idea how we score enough runs to win this without Smiffy. Someone needs to step up big time in his absence so we can have something to bowl at. We desperately need something from our openers, if Warner can find some (any) form, his aggression and scoring rate would be a huge asset in what will be a relatively low scoring last three tests. Doubt semi-comatose Khawaja will do much besides get brutalised by Archer and drop catches. We did very well to scrape a draw last test, but I'm very concerned Archer will just run through this side without Smith there to fight back.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Can't drop Siddle for Pattinson,Siddle was the only one who hung around with Smith in the 1st test when he scored 44,we wouldn't be up 1-0 right now without Siddle

Pattinson's 47no in the 2nd innings doesn't count,we were on top by then,he scored a duck in the 1st innings when the pressure was on

Neither of these guys are batsman so my post is actually irrelevant when you think about

Hutty1986

Immortal
Can't drop Siddle for Pattinson,Siddle was the only one who hung around with Smith in the 1st test when he scored 44,we wouldn't be up 1-0 right now without Siddle

Pattinson's 47no in the 2nd innings doesn't count,we were on top by then,he scored a duck in the 1st innings when the pressure was on

Neither of these guys are batsman so my post is actually irrelevant when you think about
What makes the decision tougher is the fact neither of them are bald.
Though Siddle has a bit less up top. Patto it is.