What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 5th Test Australia v England, The Oval Sept 12-16

TheParraboy

Staff member
Final test starts on Thursday

We would want to win this (draw at the worst case) to have a clean series win, and avoid any pommie celebrations at game end.

Possibly Pattinson comes back in?

Id go with the same XI if all 100% fit

(another parra/aussie double please)

Eelectrica

Referee
Harris and Warner out, Bancroft and Khawaja back in for me.

Come our summer about the only batting certainty should be Smith and possibly Lab as well. All other positions up for grabs pending shield form.

Bowlers ideally unchanged, but no point risking injury either.

A 3-1 series win knowing it should be a 4-0 series win would be icing on an already delicious cake.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, surely Warner's going to get the axe. If you're going to be a deadshit neanderthal, you need to score some runs. Averages less than 10 for this series.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Let's finish these merkins off.

Can't change this side - how can you bring Khawaja or Bancroft back to replace Davey Wanker when they were dropped for poor form in the first place?

England should blood new blokes in this test , the ashes are gone, no one gives a damn if they draw the series.
Denly, Roy out to start.

bazza

Immortal
Harris and Warner out, Bancroft and Khawaja back in for me.

Come our summer about the only batting certainty should be Smith and possibly Lab as well. All other positions up for grabs pending shield form.

Bowlers ideally unchanged, but no point risking injury either.

A 3-1 series win knowing it should be a 4-0 series win would be icing on an already delicious cake.
Think they may as well keep the same batting line up - Bancroft and Khawaja have had chances - not exactly up and coming youngsters
Come first test of the summer the batting lineup should be
1. Warner
2. ???
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. ???

The blank spots go to whoever gets runs in the opening rounds of the shield (knowing our luck we will end with highest shield scorers of Harris, Bancroft and Wade). It would be a good time to put in pucovski or Patterson at 6

Eelectrica

Referee
Think they may as well keep the same batting line up - Bancroft and Khawaja have had chances - not exactly up and coming youngsters
1. Warner
2. ???
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. ???

The blank spots go to whoever gets runs in the opening rounds of the shield (knowing our luck we will end with highest shield scorers of Harris, Bancroft and Wade). It would be a good time to put in pucovski or Patterson at 6
I honestly don't see how Warner can keep his spot. Harris maybe could be cut some slack.
Khawaja wasn't that bad compared with how badly Warner is going.

Warner did get the 50 in tough conditions which might save him, but he's having a historically bad series.

I can see patterson and Pucovski in the test team this Summer for sure.

bazza

Immortal
I honestly don't see how Warner can keep his spot. Harris maybe could be cut some slack.
Khawaja wasn't that bad compared with how badly Warner is going.

Warner did get the 50 in tough conditions which might save him, but he's having a historically bad series.

I can see patterson and Pucovski in the test team this Summer for sure.
Only way Warner won't play is if he heads home early for a 'mental break' or similar

1. Warner
2. ???
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Head
6. ???

Bancroft is only 26, still plenty of time to get back in the team.

Warner for me would have to score some runs in the fifth test or Sheffield shield to secure his spot for our summer.

Mentioned the other day but I’d be looking at Kurtis Patterson as an opener, he plays very patient innings. But he could also slot in at 5 or 6. Head isn’t looking like the lock he was a few months ago.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Personally id give Uzzie a shot at the top of the order ahead of Warner.. at least his 35's are more than than the 9's 2's and 0's Warner's coming up with.

Maybe between him and Harris well get to 50 before shitting the bed...

Also on that note make sure Warner plunders some shield attacks before parachuting him back in.

Other than that leave it unchanged.

Would like to see Patterson (scored a hundred in his last test FFS) and potentially Pucovski back on home soil...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Unless Harris scores 876 not out or more in this test he'll be dropped for Langer's love child Bancroft come the home tests.

Wanker will remain because he'll plunder back home or in this test when nothing is really on the line.

Wanker is Australia's version of Sehwag and Gayle, a flat track bully whose lack of technique and age has caught up with .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I lean towards keeping the same team. Warner and Harris have really struggled. There is some argument that replacing one of them with a right hander but might as well keep things as is. We have the ashes locked up. Warner has a good pedigree give him a chance at a small amount of redemption.

Back in Australia though I think we should consider some changes. We have the backbone of a really good side. Just got to finish that off.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't know if I would write off Warner as a player yet. He is only 32. He is just a symptom of a serious problem that has infected Australian cricket this decade. Players who cannot score overseas.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...al1=span;team=2;template=results;type=batting

This is Australian batsmen away/neutral (so UAE gets counted) post the 1st of January 2010. Smith is so far out in front of everyone else its embarrassing.He has scored 30 percent of our centuries this decade overseas. I get that we should expect more from Warner because he is a senior batsmen but it runs deeper than Warner. .

Latest posts