What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

tripster

Juniors
Wouldn’t mind punting Gus and making a play for Shane Richardson again. Got us and Souths to a premiership, has a knack for picking good coaches and generally managing football clubs well.

TheFrog

Coach
Who is he?
His name is Lee Ermey, an actor who is most famous for his role as the drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket (as whom he is pictured here). Was a drill sgt in real life before playing one, and used many of the same lines.

Just what some of our boys need, I'd say. Especially the ones giving away the penalties in the early minutes.

His name is Lee Ermey, an actor who is most famous for his role as the drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket (as whom he is pictured here). Was a drill sgt in real life before playing one, and used many of the same lines.

Just what some of our boys need, I'd say. Especially the ones giving away the penalties in the early minutes.
Thanks. I have never heard about that actor, nor the show.

franklin2323

Immortal
after watching him last night. I am in the Maguire camp he spoke well and pretty much said he wouldn't take Gus' crap but make sure they are on the same page

franklin2323

Immortal
And then there were 2. He definitely said all the right things.

We will never know the full story as to exactly what happened with Griffin. What we do know is communication to the players was mixed. Gus and Griffin was on seperate pages as to the style the team should play.

Lets hope whoever is coach has Madge's mindset and has regular contact with Gus but is left do their own thing

OldPanther

Coach
We will never know the full story as to exactly what happened with Griffin. What we do know is communication to the players was mixed. Gus and Griffin was on seperate pages as to the style the team should play.

Lets hope whoever is coach has Madge's mindset and has regular contact with Gus but is left do their own thing

That would be ideal.

after watching him last night. I am in the Maguire camp he spoke well and pretty much said he wouldn't take Gus' crap but make sure they are on the same page

Laurie Daley spoke of us this morning. He was of the opinion Maguire's personality would clash with Gould. In Daley's opinion he couldn't see the pair working together successfully.

He also stated we need an experienced coach and in his opinion he could only think of two names that could work well with Gould with his personality and control. One was Bennett the other was Tim Sheens.
I agree on Bennett but I think the game has passed Sheens.

My thoughts.
We have a young and inexperienced squad, We need a experience coach for 2019. Not a rookie.
We have a premiership window open. We need a experienced coach preferably a premiership winning coach the helm in 2019.

franklin2323

Immortal
Laurie Daley spoke of us this morning. He was of the opinion Maguire's personality would clash with Gould. In Daley's opinion he couldn't see the pair working together successfully.

He also stated we need an experienced coach and in his opinion he could only think of two names that could work well with Gould with his personality and control. One was Bennett the other was Tim Sheens.

That would be what was behind these comments

As for Penrith, he admitted he would need to sit down with club boss Phil Gould about what kind of structure he would have in place for his new coach.

Gould has fired two coaches before their contract expired, including a controversial falling out with Anthony Griffin earlier this month.

“When you’ve got a general manager that has been a coach, he’s going to have very strong opinions. And he’s been very successful in his own right,” Maguire said.

“So it’s one there you’d have to sit down and go through that club and determine what style of coach will suit Penrith.”

snickers007

Juniors

If Griffin was considered 'Old School' what category do Bennett and Sheens fit into?