What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Illawarra Tiger

Juniors
I know the weather is ordinary in WA but there does seem to be quite a number of empty seats.

I went to Nth Sydney Oval on Friday night and was a regular in the mid to late 1990’s and have been their with crowds of 15-18,000.

Definitely more than 10,515. I’d say 13,000. They place was packed, and they ran out of pies 30 min before kick off.

I think they wouldn’t have estimated those numbers as we weee standing in the kiosk near the fig tree which was shutdown .

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
But you will spread the talent too thin..

Even though there are 1000 players in UK and 500 rugby players in Pacific

Nope.The talent pool exists. The last super league fiasco proved that. There are plenty of players that are waiting to be given an opportunity. And on top of that additional clubs create more junior numbers.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Despite the weather still a great night and wow we got a stadium record! Not sure there is anything else we can do to show we are ready for a nrl club in the West.

Considering stadium holds 60k it is very impressive only 279 empty seats.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Despite the weather still a great night and wow we got a stadium record! Not sure there is anything else we can do to show we are ready for a nrl club in the West.

The question needs to be asked what’s holding up including Perth?

Volvagia

Juniors

65k. There are 5k drop in seats for sports played on rectangular fields.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That seems stupid. We could've seen an even larger crowd. Any idea why not?

Not sure, it is a strange one. All I can think is either not enough time after eagles game on Thursday night or they didn’t want to damage pitch or they didn’t think they’d sell it out. No ones explained why it wasnt used.

Volvagia

Juniors
Not sure, it is a strange one. All I can think is either not enough time after eagles game on Thursday night or they didn’t want to damage pitch or they didn’t think they’d sell it out. No ones explained why it wasnt used.
Surely they'd have known it would reach capacity in advance. The stadium website says it only takes 12 hours to install/remove the seats. Why even have them, if they're not going to be used for an occasion like this?

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I know the weather is ordinary in WA but there does seem to be quite a number of empty seats.

I went to Nth Sydney Oval on Friday night and was a regular in the mid to late 1990’s and have been their with crowds of 15-18,000.

Definitely more than 10,515. I’d say 13,000. They place was packed, and they ran out of pies 30 min before kick off.

I think they wouldn’t have estimated those numbers as we weee standing in the kiosk near the fig tree which was shutdown .

The area of empty seats you could see opposite the camera was an area called the Premiership Terrace, the whole area behind that is a big bar area so people would of moved to get out of the rain. When the game started these seats were all full.

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors

It may have been that stadium management prioritised the electronic advertisement signage parallel to the field and on the oval fence line over the bumper seating. They certainly wanted a light show.
If they'd used the seating, the views may have been subpar or restricted by the temporary signage parallel to the field.
I guess it just come down to the cost of installation, removal and ticket sales vs the loss of advertisement space. The stadium (like most stadiums) is running at a loss, anywhere to save money?

Ticketek (or whoever is the ticketing outlet) show they aren't using the bumper seating for the Bledisloe Cup either, but they are using them for the Man Utd fixtures.

Latest posts