What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

bazza

Referee
It does baffle me why RL isn’t more popular. Why AFL in Brisbane and Sydney can draw double what nrl in Melbourne can is one of life’s mysteries.
Victorians immigrate north in large numbers
Not so many people move the other way

bazza

Referee
Do you have a source on this? Because there sure as hell are a ton of NSW and QLD folk living in WA and have been for a decade+.
There was a documentary in the 80s called 'Neighbours' where the main characters all "moved to Queensland" when they became famous

bazza

Referee
I was walking from the city to AAMI Park just as an AFL game at the MCG was exiting and there were people everywhere. There's a huge opportunity there for the NRL to take advantage of that and schedule Storm games at 5:30. I saw a few AFL people dotted around the crowd - promoted properly you could attract more. Line up some food trucks outside the stadium, give people something to do between the two games and make it a regular thing - I'm confident more people will do the double and start making it a habit.
Would you go to a GWS game at Homebush after you watched your NRL match next door after you had a pulled pork roll?

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Nearly 14,000 with one no chance of making the semis .Hell we can't do much better in Auckland with a whole city .Why do we have a team there ?
I might of gone off a bit I apologise, but the southern derby should always draw much more than that number. For the record I don’t actually think the sharks should be booted but it’s frustrating that a local derby on a Sunday afternoon can’t draw better.

taipan

Referee
I might of gone off a bit I apologise, but the southern derby should always draw much more than that number. For the record I don’t actually think the sharks should be booted but it’s frustrating that a local derby on a Sunday afternoon can’t draw better.

Appreciate your point. Rest assured most Shark's fans I know would have expected about 15,000 ,but I understand why Dragon's fans did not attend in numbers.
Both teams performing well 15-16k would have been there.That number would be near capacity comfortwise at present.
Anycase it was a crappy game to watch.

Burns

First Grade
There are no rivalries.

Outside of maybe Brisbane v North Queensland, there are no games which are a guaranteed crowd lift when two teams play each other irrespective of position on the table or form.

Rugby fans don’t actually care enough about attending matches when X teams is playing. Form, and position on the table will always precedent.

Omott91

Juniors
Crowd wasn’t poor
It was average maybe a touch above.

Now 6k is poor
I still class it as poor. For a so called derby match with your arch rivals still falls far less than the nrl season average. My team the Knights got 3k more against the Cowboys for 12th v 14th for gods sake.

carcharias

Immortal
I still class it as poor. For a so called derby match with your arch rivals still falls far less than the nrl season average. My team the Knights got 3k more against the Cowboys for 12th v 14th for gods sake.

Knights have great crowds.
They have more than double the population of the shire though.

Latest posts