What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Check out the last round.. if you want to learn how to minimise attendance ..

The 2 biggest potential drawing games with top 8 implications..

Roosters v South's
Parra v manly

Both in grave yard slots.. one not on FTA at all

Saturday 7.30pm gave televised nationally ..

Gold coast v st George..

I mean FFS how you could put an NRL logo on this draw with a straight face is bewildering...

Billythekid

First Grade
I want to jump in and start arguing about what we need to do about crowds but we’ve all been there before and it doesn’t go anywhere. I think one thing that we can all agree on is that crowds and scheduling need to be made more of a priority. We can agree to disagree about what the issues are and what the solutions to those issues are.

Ultimately so long as the NRL and seemingly the clubs put so little effort into attracting big crowds things will only get worse. We need to see this issue acknowledged and a concerted effort into making things better.

Brutus

Referee

Roosters v South's
Parra v manly

Gold coast v st George..

I mean FFS how you could put an NRL logo on this draw with a straight face is bewildering...

That is pathetic.

Quicksilver

Bench
In fairness no one knows who the top teams are going to be at the start of the year.

We used to wait and do the scheduling later but there was a massive whinge about that because it was too hard book flights and accommodation. Or something.

Perth Red

Post Whore
In fairness no one knows who the top teams are going to be at the start of the year.

We used to wait and do the scheduling later but there was a massive whinge about that because it was too hard book flights and accommodation. Or something.

And then when they do schedule the so called big games for a sunday afternoon 13k turn up, its hardly like the NRL is going to care too much when that happens is it?

taipan

Referee
And then when they do schedule the so called big games for a sunday afternoon 13k turn up, its hardly like the NRL is going to care too much when that happens is it?

I suppose they won't care either, if similar numbers turn up for a Perth Sunday afternoon games.Nor when 13,000 turn up for Storm games at times, at Auckland games, or Townsville games.Like the brown stuff, it happens.
Nine gets the game live on TV ,that's all they care about.,They couldn't promote ice creams in Baghdad.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade

Parra v manly home game at bank west based on this year.. based on a semi position I think 27k would have been achieved on the Saturday 7.30pm slot..

beave

Coach
NQ v Penrith could be real dire crowd wise. I’m actually a little scared of what it will be. 9.5k is my tip but that is majorly
optimistic.....

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
I suppose they won't care either, if similar numbers turn up for a Perth Sunday afternoon games.Nor when 13,000 turn up for Storm games at times, at Auckland games, or Townsville games.Like the brown stuff, it happens.
Nine gets the game live on TV ,that's all they care about.,They couldn't promote ice creams in Baghdad.

13,000 in Melbourne? You mean that one Thursday night game in May? We average 19.5k for home games this year so far, hardly 'brown stuff' type numbers :rolleyes:

juzzy_83

Juniors

Roosters v South's
Parra v manly

Gold coast v st George..

Depends on which way you look at it. 5 of the top 6 would have finished the last game of the season by Friday night which gives them a good weeks break before the semis.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Depends on which way you look at it. 5 of the top 6 would have finished the last game of the season by Friday night which gives them a good weeks break before the semis.

Forgive my potential ignorance, but didn't the NRL used to have a floating fixture in the latter stages of the year? Is that still part of how the fixture is built still?

The AFL have done that only recently for the last round to dictate key match ups for the last round as well as factor in breaks for the teams likely to play finals.

If not, something the NRL could re-introduce to highlight key match ups in the lead up to the finals series? Generate some buzz with the best games of the round front and centre?

taipan

Referee
13,000 in Melbourne? You mean that one Thursday night game in May? We average 19.5k for home games this year so far, hardly 'brown stuff' type numbers :rolleyes:

Yep that Thursday night game is an example..
My point is ordinary crowds happen with bad scheduling, in one team cities and poor performances..The above comments reinforce that point.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Yep that Thursday night game is an example..
My point is ordinary crowds happen with bad scheduling, in one team cities and poor performances..The above comments reinforce that point.

The original point made by Perth was poor crowds in prime crowd timeslots not giving the NRL any incentive to create key match ups in traditionally attractive times for attendances.

super_coach

First Grade
While we have Greenberg running the show the crowds are only going one way and that’s down...just like the ratings, just like the standard of the football not to mention referring.

Okay he is not making all the calls but he is on over a million a year and is the CEO, so that is where the buck stops. Maybe time to concentrate on the game instead of writing references for DUI recipients and buying rings for players wifes

taipan

Referee
The original point made by Perth was poor crowds in prime crowd timeslots not giving the NRL any incentive to create key match ups in traditionally attractive times for attendances.

My response was to Perth who was having a sly dig at the Shark's crowds.,despite not naming them .
Do you honestly think I'm happy with NRL crowds, regardless of where they are played?

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
My response was to Perth who was having a sly dig at the Shark's crowds.,despite not naming them .
Do you honestly think I'm happy with NRL crowds, regardless of where they are played?

Whilst understanding the nerve Perth can pinch with the sharks at times, there is a point that there can be no complaints about scheduling at good times when the crowds don't respond in numbers to the games that are on at an attractive time. How is that sending a message to the NRL? If the NRL see big crowds at the times people want for the games they want to see, it may help incentivize future scheduling. Sometimes the NRL is to blame, sometimes its the fans.