What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

siv

First Grade
It highlights one of issues with the Stadium

No western stand seating in the shade

Its also why seating needs to be GA

Chook Norris

First Grade
Here is a thought...

Maybe no one gives a f**k about the 9s?

I think combination of:

1) people are apathetic enough about international league events, not to mention gimmicky events

+

2) people are apathetic in Sydney which has too much league saturation

+

3) post the grand final, people start switching off

+

4) No one gives a f**k about 9s. NRL is exciting enough already and the idea of scoring trys literally every set is perhaps overkill

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here is a thought...

Maybe no one gives a f**k about the 9s?

why though is the important question. It had many of the games best players, playing an open a free flowing fun version of the game in a state of the art stadium.
In a city of 5million where RL is the number one sport it really shouldn’t be too hard to get 25k each day interested enough to go. If I was V’landys the first thing I’d get Todd to do is to sack the marketing and events dept. they are clearly totally useless at their jobs.

Here’s ten things I’d have done differently to fill the place.

1. $30 for both days sit anywhere ticket with free kid ticket with each adult ticket inc public transport
2. Set aside one end for jnr NSWRL clubs. Encouraged them to come in their clubs jerseys and had some give aways and kids stuff going on in stadium
3. Set aside blocks for each nations fans with free flags and face painting etc
4. Prizes after each game for fancy dress in the crowd
5. Beer tent and food village outside the ground so fans can come and go
6. Played it Saturday and Sunday
7. Given the simucast rights to fta, maybe ch10 to test them out for next deal
8. Set a schedule so fans know it’s not just a one off
9. meet the players tent to get autographs and selfies
10. Promote the the thing in a fun and wide spread way

Headless Chook

Juniors
I think combination of:

1) people are apathetic enough about international league events, not to mention gimmicky events

+

2) people are apathetic in Sydney which has too much league saturation

+

3) post the grand final, people start switching off

+

4) No one gives a f**k about 9s. NRL is exciting enough already and the idea of scoring trys literally every set is perhaps overkill
9 minutes a half is too short. Not enough quality int’l teams. The games are over before you know it. Come tomorrow no one will care who won or even care if if it’s on again next year.

Reverting back to the club format may help.

franklin2323

Immortal
9 minutes a half is too short. Not enough quality int’l teams. The games are over before you know it. Come tomorrow no one will care who won or even care if if it’s on again next year.

Reverting back to the club format may help.

This for me. 12 team comp and a few were ordinary. Atleast with the clubs unpredictable

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It wouldn’t do well in Brisbane either. No one there would want to see Mitchell Moses parade around like a little _____.

BlueandGold

Juniors
It wouldn’t do well in Brisbane either. No one there would want to see Mitchell Moses parade around like a little _____.

Yeah hes a little ______ , now i know why the Broncos where chasing him.

They love signing little _____. haha

You could do worse than chase the little _____.

The little ____ came 3rd on the Dally m voting. :p