What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

big hit!

Bench
How disappointing of and for any one associated with the Wests Tigers and Westerns Suburbs clubs. Sure, it was a Parra home game but they were comprehensively outnumbered at the venue by what looked like 9:1. And the players to dish that up at a venue they will be calling home and most likely to play their biggest matches.

The venue itself....from what I could hear coming through the speakers, you’d think the designers of the new SFS will be reconsidering their designs. Here’s a tip, as with most things, food, motors, music, etc, it’s not about quantity but quality. There’s a bit of pressure on the firm putting together new SFS to be as good as Cumberland Oval. Another 45k spaceship with folks up in nose bleeds on the sides and bullshit little tiers at ends, and crappy club mode LED curtains or whatever BS in a cavernous arena filled 3 times a year won’t cut it. Get it the same level all the way round, get some decent cover and replicate the atmosphere and experience that the guys who built New Cumberland Oval have achieved. Anyone who watched that will want to experience it and I’m scouring the draw now to see when Souths first play there.

Shark62

Juniors
How disappointing of and for any one associated with the Wests Tigers and Westerns Suburbs clubs. Sure, it was a Parra home game but they were comprehensively outnumbered at the venue by what looked like 9:1. And the players to dish that up at a venue they will be calling home and most likely to play their biggest matches.

The venue itself....from what I could hear coming through the speakers, you’d think the designers of the new SFS will be reconsidering their designs. Here’s a tip, as with most things, food, motors, music, etc, it’s not about quantity but quality. There’s a bit of pressure on the firm putting together new SFS to be as good as Cumberland Oval. Another 45k spaceship with folks up in nose bleeds on the sides and bullshit little tiers at ends won’t cut it. Get it the same level all the way round, get some decent cover and replicate the atmosphere and experience that the guys who built New Cumberland Oval have achieved. Anyone who watched that will want to experience it and I’m scouring the draw now to see when Souths first play there.
This! Watching yesterday I thought how good is this! And then I remembered my club plays at shark park :pensive:

Pommy

Coach

The venue itself....from what I could hear coming through the speakers, you’d think the designers of the new SFS will be reconsidering their designs. Here’s a tip, as with most things, food, motors, music, etc, it’s not about quantity but quality. There’s a bit of pressure on the firm putting together new SFS to be as good as Cumberland Oval. Another 45k spaceship with folks up in nose bleeds on the sides and bullshit little tiers at ends, and crappy club mode LED curtains or whatever BS in a cavernous arena filled 3 times a year won’t cut it. Get it the same level all the way round, get some decent cover and replicate the atmosphere and experience that the guys who built New Cumberland Oval have achieved. Anyone who watched that will want to experience it and I’m scouring the draw now to see when Souths first play there.

31st May, tickets aren’t on sale yet. I did the same yesterday ha

Perth Red

Post Whore
This! Watching yesterday I thought how good is this! And then I remembered my club plays at shark park :pensive:

It was interesting hearing the Fox NRL hosts, who for years have championed suburban grounds, have a complete 180 degree turn around after experiencing yesterday. You really cant compare and soon wont be able to compete unless you are playing out of one of these stadiums. Do you really think you are going to attract corporates to Shark Park or Brookvale or Leichardt when companies have the choice of that or a box at one of these new stadiums?

Marlins

Juniors
The new stadium buzz is happening.

You can’t buy four tickets together to parra v drags at bankwest. We need parra to keep going and turn the place into a cauldron. Some people go to sport purely for atmosphere.
The real test will be the Thursday game, against the Panthers.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
The new stadium buzz is happening.

You can’t buy four tickets together to parra v drags at bankwest. We need parra to keep going and turn the place into a cauldron. Some people go to sport purely for atmosphere.
Thats what happens at AFL games, they have built it to a point where most games have large crowds so you see games between bottom teams still getting 40k because its still a good day at the footy with a large crowd, instead of going to ANZ and hearing the echo's from the empty seats. I've been to a few games in Perth where the local team is going crap but the crowd was still big, most people were just out for a great day, the game was secondary.

Springs09

Juniors
It was interesting hearing the Fox NRL hosts, who for years have championed suburban grounds, have a complete 180 degree turn around after experiencing yesterday. You really cant compare and soon wont be able to compete unless you are playing out of one of these stadiums. Do you really think you are going to attract corporates to Shark Park or Brookvale or Leichardt when companies have the choice of that or a box at one of these new stadiums?

Lol and if we have a sellout Sunday afternoon at Leichhardt it will be ‘how good are suburban grounds’ again.

A good thing about NRL is it offers different experiences. ANZ had 104,000 at its first NRL game. Settle down.

T-Boon

Coach
Lol and if we have a sellout Sunday afternoon at Leichhardt it will be ‘how good are suburban grounds’ again.

A good thing about NRL is it offers different experiences. ANZ had 104,000 at its first NRL game. Settle down.

Leichardt should be used as often as Birchgrove now.

T-Boon

Coach
Thats what happens at AFL games, they have built it to a point where most games have large crowds so you see games between bottom teams still getting 40k because its still a good day at the footy with a large crowd, instead of going to ANZ and hearing the echo's from the empty seats. I've been to a few games in Perth where the local team is going crap but the crowd was still big, most people were just out for a great day, the game was secondary.

It is similar to the Knights. Big crowds build big crowds.

Angry_eel

First Grade

You are actually trusting the opinions of NRL commentators. Another tied game with a field goal at Leichardt on a Sunday and they will switch back to suburban grounds again!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Yeah, entertainment precinct has a lot to do with it too. I mean the options around ANZ are absolutely shit. It’s like a dodgey night noodle markets without any culture, ie, Mediterranean Descendants running a pad Thai stall.

Mcg and Suncorp are great for places to go before and after.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Round 7 crowd predictions

Roosters v Dragons 39k
Storm v Warriors 21k
Dogs v Cowboys 10k
Panthers v Rabbitohs 14k
West Tigers v Titans 9k
Broncos v Sharks 30k
Manly v Raiders 12k
Knights v Eels 18k

Total Ave 153k ave 19.1k.