What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW3 Fri - Raiders 16-10 Rabbitohs @ GIO

Finals Week 3: Raiders v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Surprising that the Raiders home record is actually quite ordinary this year, only 50%.

They still should beat the Rabbitohs and make their first Grand Final since 1994. However a Bennett's Bunnies ambush and Raiders bottle job is not unthinkable, just unlikely and undesirable.

I mean it’s not really unthinkable when I’ve not stopped thinking about us choking since Friday

GAZF

First Grade
I’ve woken up in a cold sweat on more than one occasion recently. My wife was asking me who Edrick was and why I keep yelling at him to “catch the f**king ball” in my sleep.
Or who Boogs is.

BadnMean

Juniors
Souths do have it in them to get the Raiders. Two or three quick tries by a Rabbits outfit that IMO is the speediest in the comp, and the Raiders will be in all sorts. Problem is, if Souths score 4 tries, can they prevent the Raiders from scoring 4 to 6?

I still think Canb by 44-4.

It was Cooks speed which has troubled us in the past. Our backline has power & tackle busting ability in spades but not actually much top line speed now that Rapana is busted- Simonsen is very fast but likely to be on the bench. I agree a Cook dart into space with support ooming or a good offload somewhere putting a flyer away could break the game open. Papenhuezen burning Cotric leading to his boot in the face the other week was another example.

Raiders should be good enough to cope & come back even if that does happen but a whopper pack combined with sheer speed & a more effective halves combo than Melbourne put out are a tough match up for Raiders. Shown in our results v Souths so far.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I’ve woken up in a cold sweat on more than one occasion recently. My wife was asking me who Edrick was and why I keep yelling at him to “catch the f**king ball” in my sleep.

I’m still shook from Jason bulgarelli

ram raid

Bench
This is a feel good game for me .. whoever wins I will feel good. If the Raiders win I get to see the Viking clap at ANZ. If it's Souths I can laugh at the lol@souffs people. Win/win. The other game .. not so much.

Someguy

First Grade
Can’t see the raiders as much of chance in this one. Solid team but their crutch is milking when in trouble, Souths have the best discipline in tight games, if they game is on the line they simply won’t give up a penalty.

ram raid

Bench
It just occurred to me that this game is going to be incredible! Pommies love nothing more than smashing the shit out of each other. And this game is staked with them!

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Souths only chance in this game is the 2 men with the whistle. Both have shown they are not afraid to take Souths a long way in matches this season and with Cummins being a devout bunnies fan, they are the Rabbitohs only chance of success.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Souths only chance in this game is the 2 men with the whistle. Both have shown they are not afraid to take Souths a long way in matches this season and with Cummins being a devout bunnies fan, they are the Rabbitohs only chance of success.
Grant Atkins might even be a life member.

If you don't watch this game and wonder who won, the penalty count will tell you the result just as accurately as the score.

If it's along the lines of 4-4 like the Rabbits-Roosters semi then Souths will lose by 20+.

But if it's another lopsided 9-3 count to Souths then they're a 50-50 chance.

Someguy

First Grade
Grant Atkins might even be a life member.

If you don't watch this game and wonder who won, the penalty count will tell you the result just as accurately as the score.

If it's along the lines of 4-4 like the Rabbits-Roosters semi then Souths will lose by 20+.

But if it's another lopsided 9-3 count to Souths then they're a 50-50 chance.

Roosters took the refs out of that game, if scores were closer at half time we would have seen a very different penalty count

yobbo84

First Grade
Graham/Allan will do just as a good a job as Roberts/Graham.

The real issue is that it means Gagai has to stay in the centres.