What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Im guessing this will be all of the 9s jumpers clubs never got to use...
As already stated, it's a captains run jersey.

No clubs put 9's into production this year because it wasn't expected to be returnng to the schedule.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Precisely. The stripe-shirt represents decades of being cellar-dwellers - why on earth do they want to have *that* as main strip?

If a retro (or retro-inspired) design is being adopted as a club's main jersey, at least go for a time when the club was strong. Penrith got it right (finally).

We did it in 2011 the late 70s-mid 80s jumper was brought back as their main kit. Of course that era was a great era for Parra but unfortunately in 2011 it all went downhill.

Maybe they thought bringing the 60s kit back would be a reversal which failed last year.

Tbh I like the jumper but the blue seems too dark and don't like the white shirts. I found a best n less one without the sponsor, looks better.

86 is my favorite jumper, second one is the 70s-80s kit.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
No they look like the Cowboys navy jersey of the last few years. Just replaced the light blue with white and it's the same concept really.

Obviously you couldnt run the two in the same match, but i think they are distinct enough. The dark colours act as a frame, the lighter colours draw the attention.

54731258_2100611513325978_7439675653584060416_n.jpg

In terms of branding, i dont think the two will be confused. It might not be perfect, but with the GC beggers cant be choosers.

Better than the GC Eels-sharks...

GAZF

First Grade
Better than the GC Eels-sharks...
Can't agree there. The Titans shade of blue was more distinct compared to other teams last year than it is this year. I think you were closer to Mark when pushing for teal to be honest.

greenBV4

Bench
Better than the GC Eels-sharks
GC's blue was always somewhere in between the sharks and eels, imo it was obviously a different shade. Gold just makes sense for the Gold Coast, and navy was a good trim/minor colour. 2 blues and gold was a good colour set.

Now they are just another navy team..

LineBall

Juniors
GC's blue was always somewhere in between the sharks and eels, imo it was obviously a different shade. Gold just makes sense for the Gold Coast, and navy was a good trim/minor colour. 2 blues and gold was a good colour set.

Now they are just another navy team..

Gold coast needs to have gold as their main colour. Preferably the similar to what New Orleans uses in the NFL. Have light blue and white on the jersey, but only as highlights.

flippikat

Bench
Gold coast needs to have gold as their main colour. Preferably the similar to what New Orleans uses in the NFL. Have light blue and white on the jersey, but only as highlights.

If they don't revert to their bid colours (Orange & teal), then this works for me.. we already have plenty of dark blue, navy blue & black dominated teams.. but yellow or gold is under-utilised as a main colour - only the eels use it as a main colour in their away jersey, and that's more a brighter butter-yellow and not gold.

Good call.

Big Salad

Juniors
Here is another crack at me trying to fix the Titans jersey.

That is so much better than the real jersey it isn't funny.

I always loved the shade of light blue the Titans had on their second jersey. It is such a vibrant blue and stands out from all the other blues in the competition.

839f91d116de9719dd38e325add13a2d

gzerounian

Juniors
Now that we have seen 2 rounds of jerseys in action I thought I would compare the embroidered nrl logos of the retail jerseys with the sublimated player issued ones. So.. we were told that the nrl logos only comes in certain colours for clubs to choose from hence some shades of colours don't match exactly to the clubs colours. Well it seems this isn't the case for the players jerseys. I have some comparisons below.
IMG_20190328_000251.jpg
Now I know you can't exactly colour match embroidery with the polyester of the Jersey.. but when you pay $159.99 for a replica player jersey, you want it to be pretty close to what the players wear, specially when the $40 Best and Less jersey gets the badge spot on. If it's true that the nrl only released the new logos in limited colours, then the player's jerseys should also have the mismatched colours sublimated to give the effect of a faux badge.

unforgiven

Bench
Now I know you can't exactly colour match embroidery with the polyester of the Jersey.. but when you pay $159.99 for a replica player jersey, you want it to be pretty close to what the players wear, specially when the $40 Best and Less jersey gets the badge spot on. If it's true that the nrl only released the new logos in limited colours, then the player's jerseys should also have the mismatched colours sublimated to give the effect of a faux badge.
It's weird, they use the embroidered badge to try and give the Jerseys a premium look and feel, but in the case of the design of the new logo it has the opposite effect and just comes across looking cheap and tacky. The new logo is going to look tacky if you embroider it.

some11

Referee
It'll be interesting to see how the NRL/Clubs tinker with it next year.

Remember how we had a placeholder logo for the 2013 jerseys.

greenBV4

Bench
It's weird, they use the embroidered badge to try and give the Jerseys a premium look and feel, but in the case of the design of the new logo it has the opposite effect and just comes across looking cheap and tacky. The new logo is going to look tacky if you embroider it.
just the white outline should of been embroidered, with the "badge" in the background sublimated

Latest posts