What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

mn_tibor

Juniors
Now that we have seen 2 rounds of jerseys in action I thought I would compare the embroidered nrl logos of the retail jerseys with the sublimated player issued ones. So.. we were told that the nrl logos only comes in certain colours for clubs to choose from hence some shades of colours don't match exactly to the clubs colours. Well it seems this isn't the case for the players jerseys. I have some comparisons below.
View attachment 28480
Now I know you can't exactly colour match embroidery with the polyester of the Jersey.. but when you pay $159.99 for a replica player jersey, you want it to be pretty close to what the players wear, specially when the $40 Best and Less jersey gets the badge spot on. If it's true that the nrl only released the new logos in limited colours, then the player's jerseys should also have the mismatched colours sublimated to give the effect of a faux badge.

It's worth noting though that the thread used to stitch the badges is quite shiny. This can drastically change the appearance of the badge colour on the retail jerseys depending on lighting and camera angle.

wazdog

Juniors
Sticker season

I hope not.

The club announced at the AGM (in early March) that they had two new sponsors locked down with announcements pending.

Given they haven’t released the away jersey yet I’m hoping these get released with integrated logos already on them.

Frailty

First Grade
I don't know why the NRL persists in having the retail jerseys use embroidery rather than sublimated. I would have thought there would be extra cost in the embroidery and not sublimated.

bvqvpn7ciaauiq6.jpg

Rooster8

Juniors
Manly looks slick today. Warriors too.
Also, Downer has replaced the blank space on the back-top of Manly's jersey. Not sure if this is just for the NZ jersey, or permeant, but it doesn't look patched on so it's obviously been prepared for a while now, so probably just NZ sponsor.