What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Glenn

First Grade

Dean Ritchie's flipped a shit about the rebrand.

Within the article, and completely at odds with the text in the tweet:

"Insiders claim the cost to implement such minimal alterations would cost between $200,000 and $250,000."
Would you justify spending the reported amount on such a minimal change?
Why take away the National Colours? Why remove the Southern Cross? Things that tie in with the idea of being National.

insert.pause

First Grade

Dean Ritchie's flipped a shit about the rebrand.

Within the article, and completely at odds with the text in the tweet:

"Insiders claim the cost to implement such minimal alterations would cost between $200,000 and $250,000."
it's crisis level bullshit, they don't have to replace everything with the old logo on it, like he claims with stationery & business cards, they are merely changed before purchasing new ones for the following year. It's quite possibly the dumbest crisis article I have read in some time.

Ritchie loves his anonymous quotes, almost as if they are made up...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Because 1. it's reported, not fact; and 2. corporations rebrand all the time.

Oh and 3. They just got $125k from Canterbury and are likely to issue a bunch of salary cap fines in the coming months as they do every year. I think they can afford it.
Why take away the National Colours? Why remove the Southern Cross? Things that tie in with the idea of being National.
You know it's not a strictly Australian comp yeah?

And you know you don't have to react to everything the Tele tells you to, right?

Timmah

Staff member
Stationery invariably runs out and would need replacing anyway.
Pull-up banners usually have a limited shelf life anyway and they're producing new branded backgrounds all the time, so no difference in cost there really.
Social media lol
Email logos lol (already done as far as i understand)
Calendars? Changing a graphic file already in production OH MY GOD THE HORROR
Business cards - once they current ones run out, they get replaced...

This is the worst #outrage story of the year.

insert.pause

First Grade
Stationery invariably runs out and would need replacing anyway.
Pull-up banners usually have a limited shelf life anyway and they're producing new branded backgrounds all the time, so no difference in cost there really.
Social media lol
Email logos lol (already done as far as i understand)
Calendars? Changing a graphic file already in production OH MY GOD THE HORROR
Business cards - once they current ones run out, they get replaced...

This is the worst #outrage story of the year.
where did the tweet go?

insert.pause

First Grade
Tele appear to have deleted it. Probably because they known it has no basis in fact.

NRL Media has liked the above tweet, interestingly enough.
still on their website.

the number is pulled straight out of ritchie's fat head, along with his "anonymous" quotes.

Timmah

Staff member
still on their website.

the number is pulled straight out of ritchie's fat head, along with his "anonymous" quotes.
Correct.

From what I've gathered the actual cost of the rebrand is well below the figure quoted.

some11

Referee
Fathead Ritchie:

P0hjq.png

Glenn

First Grade
Because 1. it's reported, not fact; and 2. corporations rebrand all the time.

Oh and 3. They just got $125k from Canterbury and are likely to issue a bunch of salary cap fines in the coming months as they do every year. I think they can afford it.

You know it's not a strictly Australian comp yeah?

And you know you don't have to react to everything the Tele tells you to, right?

A lot more pressing issues than a rebrand to a bland corporate logo , but if you are happy they are pissing Money up against a wall, more power to you.

Timmah

Staff member
A lot more pressing issues than a rebrand to a bland corporate logo , but if you are happy they are pissing Money up against a wall, more power to you.
There are always a lot more pressing issues than whatever any organisation is currently taking on.

Suggesting this is the only thing the NRL is doing is f**king ludicrous and you're just lapping up the (unfactual) bullshit the Tele wants you to.

Someguy

First Grade

Something to do the racist bogan stereotype? The demographic that watches the game is fast becoming a minority in rugby league heartlands.

Latest posts