What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Close up of the TP logo application:
B909441-ON_FIELD_HOME_JERSEY-760-DETAIL_2__96995.1540785258.jpg

AJB1102

First Grade
Warriors home strip revealed:

B909441-ON_FIELD_HOME_JERSEY-760-FRONT__79911.1540785256.jpg

Return to original colours for club’s 25th season
Author
Richard Bechtwarriors.kiwi
Timestamp
Tue 30 Oct 2018, 02:55 PM
Share on social media
The Vodafone Warriors will return to the team's original colours when they celebrate the club's 25th season in the first-grade competition in 2019.

The Canterbury of New Zealand-designed home strip was launched today, evoking memories of the original Auckland Warriors' debut in the then-Winfield Cup in 1995.

The distinctive blue jersey with green, red and white trim is being recreated as the club eyes a campaign packed with special moments and an array of initiatives.

"The original 1995 strip is one of the most iconic and distinctive in New Zealand sport," said Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George.

"It signifies a time when the sporting landscape in this country changed forever, opening the way for professional sporting franchises as we know them today.

"We couldn't be more excited looking ahead to our 25th season. It's going to be huge and we know our players will be honoured to mark the major milestone in the colours that mean so much to us."
Designing the 1995-inspired home kit brings Canterbury of New Zealand full circle.

"Canterbury of New Zealand is delighted to be at the heart of this historic moment. We've been committed to the Warriors since their launch 25 years ago, as foundation apparel partner, and we're proud to have supplied playing kit every year since 2009," said Canterbury of New Zealand managing director Jamie Meikleham.

"With this design, we're taking a step into the future with the Warriors, built on cues from the past. We're excited and proud to see the mighty blue, red, white, and green come to life on the field again."

The Vodafone Warriors kick-started their 25th season celebrations in September by launching a one-size-fits-all membership makeover, setting the price for reserved seat memberships at $199. This represents a reduction of as much as $200 for some categories under the previous structure.

At the same time, a new Super Membership category was foreshadowed, the details of which will be revealed when it goes on sale to the public this week (November 1).

George has confirmed the Vodafone Warriors will play 10 home games at Mount Smart Stadium in 2019 with another set for Wellington's Westpac Stadium (against the Sharks on July 19) and the remaining home game locked in for the first NRL Magic Round against the Dragons on May 11 when all 16 teams will play at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane).

"We can assure our members and fans that 2019 will be a season to remember," George added.

"We had two sold out games in 2018 and we're striving to have our ground sold out every time we play next year.

"We also have so much planned to make our game days bigger and better than ever before. It's our mission to be the most entertaining and engaging club in the NRL."

A number of individual milestones are set to be achieved in the 25th season. Among them, veteran forward Adam Blair is 11 games short of joining the NRL's 300-game club while new signing Kiwi prop Leeson Ah Mau (179) and Gerard Beale (176) are closing on 200 appearances and others are in line for their 150th or 100th games.

Pre-orders for next season's home jersey are now being taken with the new kit expected to land in store on December 14 – just in time for Christmas.

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2018/10/30/return-to-original-colours-for-clubs-25th-season/

Thats glorious. I hope they win a comp in it.

gzerounian

Juniors
So the way the logos are going to be done is now confirmed. I like it! Very similar to the inaugural NRL season. Shame about the text. It really does look unbalanced.

Timmah

Staff member
Mostly love it, but jeez another team in blue....
Agreed - although at least not predominantly blue on the shoulders for the home strip.

Be interesting to see what the Bulldogs wear in Round 1 at Mt Smart.

Perth Red

Post Whore
lol you just love throwing around random numbers and statements. Piss off.

So how much do you think NRL comp naming rights are worth given Toyota paid an alleged $10million plus a year for AFL? I wonder why there was no announcement of how much the Telstra part of the media deal was worth this time when they seemed happy to band about the $100million value in the 2013 deal? Do you trhink it was legit they failed to mention that in that $100mill was around $45million of comp naming rights?

Timmah

Staff member
So how much do you think NRL comp naming rights are worth given Toyota paid an alleged $10million plus a year for AFL? I wonder why there was no announcement of how much the Telstra part of the media deal was worth this time when they seemed happy to band about the $100million value in the 2013 deal? Do you trhink it was legit they failed to mention that in that $100mill was around $45million of comp naming rights?
I legitimately could not give 4/5ths of ten f**ks about your little diatribe. When I said piss off, I actually meant it lol

sempmrh

Juniors
The new Warriors jersey looks great. Hopefully they keep it and these colours beyond 2019.

Looks like Mazda is their new lower back sponsor but they must have been signed too late to make it onto the retail jerseys.

kdalymc

Bench
nrl logo looks dogshit it even sits a different height...
yep sigh about another blue team but WOOO about 1 less black team. hope its not just a 25th season thing tho. still stupid they did the 20 years and now 25 seasons...

flippikat

Bench
Hopefully we'll see a mainly white away and green alternative of that Warriors jersey.

Absolutely. The white 1995-6 away jersey hasn't (as far as I remember) been done as a heritage, and for an alternate a green-based version would be fantastic.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

NRL Logo looks great on the Warriors Jumper but it gets lost on the Dogs one.

I at least like that they havent matched the club colours. Black or White one the jumper is great, it doesnt clash but it also doesnt get lost...

(Im guessing they will use a black logo if the background is a lighter colour)

The Marshall

Juniors
NRL Logo looks great on the Warriors Jumper but it gets lost on the Dogs one.

I at least like that they havent matched the club colours. Black or White one the jumper is great, it doesnt clash but it also doesnt get lost...

(Im guessing they will use a black logo if the background is a lighter colour)
I think the Warriors one is embroidered on and stands out more while the ‘Dogs is printed on the jersey so it gets lost on there.

BLN2

Juniors
Warriors will wear white shorts with the home strip BTW, which takes away from the blue strip more.

I agree about the writing up top, a little much. But hey, too many sponsors isn't a bad thing... I reckon a small red collar would top off the jersey. 7.5/10 for me.

Ley

Juniors
Haven't got a great feeling about this new logo on some jerseys. It looks terrible on the dogs.

Latest posts