What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Also looks like the nrl logo will be sitting on a slightly bigger shield behind it. I wonder if every club will have a white logo and only get to choose the background colour or if they get to choose both. It's a black and white logo. For all we know the logo in the photo may be red?
View attachment 24466

Well spotted on the dark outline.

Comparing it to the Knights logo, the NRL badge matches closest to the white/silver helmet.

Looks like the NRL logo is gonna be in black or white (which if so much better than the club colours idea)

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I would have done the shields in the most iconic jersey for the clubs.

Examples; StGI- shield w/ red V, Sharks- shield w/ black hoops and white centre, SS- shield w/ red and green hoops etc etc you get the idea.

Warriors and Titans could be tricky.

I got bored at lunch and had a crack at all of them.

43750668_1888183417902123_3121364866732916736_n.jpg

43691988_1888183441235454_6864629135226961920_n.jpg

Honestly, even if this sort of thing is never publicly used, I think the NRL should demand clubs produce something like this as what they believe to be their "core" image (shades, design, etc).

Then every jersey should be made to reference back to this in some way (If you change the colours for charity, the design should be recognisable. If they design is changed for a concept jersey, the colours should match. etc.)

Matiunz

Juniors
Are the Warriors only changing their logo and jersey back to Auckland colours for next season, or is it permanent?

And if it is permanent, are they planning on reverting to the name "Auckland" instead of "New Zealand"?

Pretty sure they can’t use the name “Auckland” anymore without becoming responsible for the debt the “Auckland Warriors” had when it folded and became the “NZ Warriors”, it essentially became another club when they changed the name

Prometheus

Juniors
Pretty sure they can’t use the name “Auckland” anymore without becoming responsible for the debt the “Auckland Warriors” had when it folded and became the “NZ Warriors”, it essentially became another club when they changed the name

I thought the new owners only changed the name and colours to appeal to a wider Kiwi audience.

kdalymc

Bench
I won't comment on the font as I don't want to be seen as being negative but I LOVE how they have clearly stated its their 25th season to avoid all the confusion we have had in the past with clubs celebrating establishment milestones.
yeah but the dumb f**ks just celebrated their 20th year in 2015, pick and chose to suit ya bastards

flippikat

Bench
I got bored at lunch and had a crack at all of them.

43750668_1888183417902123_3121364866732916736_n.jpg

43691988_1888183441235454_6864629135226961920_n.jpg

Honestly, even if this sort of thing is never publicly used, I think the NRL should demand clubs produce something like this as what they believe to be their "core" image (shades, design, etc).

Then every jersey should be made to reference back to this in some way (If you change the colours for charity, the design should be recognisable. If they design is changed for a concept jersey, the colours should match. etc.)

Spot on. The NRL need to draw a line here, and have clubs set their home/primary jersey design in stone (and by extension, club colours - looking at you, Panthers & Warriors...).

Sure clubs may change *minor* details - the cut of the collar, adding/removing trim on the shoulders or side-panels.. stuff like that - but the MAIN design of the primary jersey needs to stay the same.

As far as alternates/away jerseys go, THAT'S where a club can go nuts. Use a predominantly white or black jersey.. or change the mix of club colours so a highlight on your home jersey is the main colour of the away (eg Roosters in Red jerseys with navy & white trim). Invert the home design, or do something flashy & modern, or pull out an old design from the past as an alternate or heritage. Whatever. Heck, even use a different colour (ala Superleague in the UK).

Point is, it's about time the NRL got serious about that stuff. It's going to matter especially when the league expands, as new clubs need to carve out a space in the spectrum for themselves - having the existing clubs chop & change their colours and designs makes that harder.

kdalymc

Bench
Spot on. The NRL need to draw a line here, and have clubs set their home/primary jersey design in stone (and by extension, club colours - looking at you, Panthers & Warriors...).

Sure clubs may change *minor* details - the cut of the collar, adding/removing trim on the shoulders or side-panels.. stuff like that - but the MAIN design of the primary jersey needs to stay the same.

As far as alternates/away jerseys go, THAT'S where a club can go nuts. Use a predominantly white or black jersey.. or change the mix of club colours so a highlight on your home jersey is the main colour of the away (eg Roosters in Red jerseys with navy & white trim). Invert the home design, or do something flashy & modern, or pull out an old design from the past as an alternate or heritage. Whatever. Heck, even use a different colour (ala Superleague in the UK).

Point is, it's about time the NRL got serious about that stuff. It's going to matter especially when the league expands, as new clubs need to carve out a space in the spectrum for themselves - having the existing clubs chop & change their colours and designs makes that harder.
90% of the teams are blue now anyway.
Make all teams blue home and white away. Problem solverd

Matiunz

Juniors
I thought the new owners only changed the name and colours to appeal to a wider Kiwi audience.

Partially, but I believe it was also to avoid debts associated with “Auckland Warriors” while at the same time trying to engage those in the rest of the country who saw it as “Aucklands team”.
While I don’t particularly like the team being called NZ due to the confusion with the national team, renaming the team Auckland can be polarising to fans outside of Auckland due to the “anti-Auckland” sentiment of some Non-Auckland NZers

gzerounian

Juniors
I think Nuke may have been spot on with his prediction. Even the way the new logo is being used. Good one.
IMG_20181026_204223.jpg

gzerounian

Juniors
Based on the knights teaser, I like the way the new logo sits and looks on the Jersey. Reminds me of this except with a tighter fit.

I still wish they went with just the logo itself. I think the text underneath ruins it. Its messy, unnecessary and makes the Jersey look unblalnced. The nrl logo will look like it sits higher than the club logo.

IMG_20181026_201539.jpg

Last edited: