1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Keiran Murphy, Jul 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. GAZF

GAZF First Grade

Looks like white on either black, blue or dark blue.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

Well spotted on the dark outline.

Comparing it to the Knights logo, the NRL badge matches closest to the white/silver helmet.

Looks like the NRL logo is gonna be in black or white (which if so much better than the club colours idea)

3. The Marshall

The Marshall Juniors

It's hard to tell but is that a new ISC template?

4. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

I got bored at lunch and had a crack at all of them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Honestly, even if this sort of thing is never publicly used, I think the NRL should demand clubs produce something like this as what they believe to be their "core" image (shades, design, etc).

Then every jersey should be made to reference back to this in some way (If you change the colours for charity, the design should be recognisable. If they design is changed for a concept jersey, the colours should match. etc.)

Fire, Reflector, toomuchsoup and 5 others like this.
  5. Matiunz

Matiunz Juniors

Pretty sure they can’t use the name “Auckland” anymore without becoming responsible for the debt the “Auckland Warriors” had when it folded and became the “NZ Warriors”, it essentially became another club when they changed the name

steeden. and Foreign Legion like this.
  6. mn_tibor

mn_tibor Juniors

Get your own ideas mate! :D

7. Prometheus

Prometheus Juniors

I thought the new owners only changed the name and colours to appeal to a wider Kiwi audience.

8. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

yeah but the dumb f**ks just celebrated their 20th year in 2015, pick and chose to suit ya bastards

9. sempmrh

sempmrh Juniors

It isn’t. ISC has two collars - one is double layered with contrasting colours and that’s what’s on that Knights jersey there.

The Marshall likes this.
  10. flippikat

flippikat Juniors

Spot on. The NRL need to draw a line here, and have clubs set their home/primary jersey design in stone (and by extension, club colours - looking at you, Panthers & Warriors...).

Sure clubs may change *minor* details - the cut of the collar, adding/removing trim on the shoulders or side-panels.. stuff like that - but the MAIN design of the primary jersey needs to stay the same.

As far as alternates/away jerseys go, THAT'S where a club can go nuts. Use a predominantly white or black jersey.. or change the mix of club colours so a highlight on your home jersey is the main colour of the away (eg Roosters in Red jerseys with navy & white trim). Invert the home design, or do something flashy & modern, or pull out an old design from the past as an alternate or heritage. Whatever. Heck, even use a different colour (ala Superleague in the UK).

Point is, it's about time the NRL got serious about that stuff. It's going to matter especially when the league expands, as new clubs need to carve out a space in the spectrum for themselves - having the existing clubs chop & change their colours and designs makes that harder.

beave and AJB1102 like this.
  11. kdalymc

kdalymc Bench

90% of the teams are blue now anyway.
    Make all teams blue home and white away. Problem solverd

12. Matiunz

Matiunz Juniors

Partially, but I believe it was also to avoid debts associated with “Auckland Warriors” while at the same time trying to engage those in the rest of the country who saw it as “Aucklands team”.
    While I don’t particularly like the team being called NZ due to the confusion with the national team, renaming the team Auckland can be polarising to fans outside of Auckland due to the “anti-Auckland” sentiment of some Non-Auckland NZers

13. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

I think Nuke may have been spot on with his prediction. Even the way the new logo is being used. Good one.
    IMG_20181026_204223.jpg

14. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

Based on the knights teaser, I like the way the new logo sits and looks on the Jersey. Reminds me of this except with a tighter fit.

I still wish they went with just the logo itself. I think the text underneath ruins it. Its messy, unnecessary and makes the Jersey look unblalnced. The nrl logo will look like it sits higher than the club logo.

IMG_20181026_201539.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  15. Cumberland Throw

Cumberland Throw First Grade

Are there any actual jersey pics with the new logo on them ..?

16. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

No. All we have at the moment is the St George one the NRL mocked up for their release, the Newcastle smokescreen and an eyewitness account from the Ken Allen awards.

17. gzerounian

gzerounian Juniors

How all the app icons look on my phone
    IMG_20181026_160408.jpg

How the tittle pages look for each of them

IMG_20181026_162144.jpg

Saint Doc likes this.
  18. toomuchsoup

toomuchsoup Juniors

NBL app icon looks so nice
    The green NRL icon not so good. The white premiership logo would look better for the app

axl rose, Saint Doc and gzerounian like this.
  19. axl rose

axl rose Bench

The A-league have dog turds for their logo, nice work Gallop. Cricket logo is messy. NBL logo is pretty slick.

Saint Doc likes this.
  20. storm_4eva

storm_4eva Juniors

Just edited the NRL logo on my Android phone. Much better.

Attached Files: