What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:face_palm_tone1:♂️

2000 = year 1
2001 = year 2
2019 = year 20.

20th season is accurate.
20 years is also accurate

20th anniversary is not accurate, but they’re not claiming that
20 years is past tense indicating 20 years have passed. If we're debating the language used, 20th Year is fine, 20 Years is not.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm not sure if I like that or not tbh. It doesn't look balanced to me I dunno, something just seems off.

The Telstra Premiership text on that is an absolute joke too, you can't even see it!!! has the NRL made a rule that this text has to be white or something? That's pretty dumb if they have because common sense would make it black on jerseys like this.
It's been designed by maori people for a club in New Zealand, I'm happy if it's not balanced, their design. Same applies to indigenous jerseys. as long as the number on the back is easy to read I don't have an issue.

As for the TP text, I'm beginning to think the NRL aren't terribly fussed on how it looks, as the logo itself is what they want people to see and be able to recognise. Seems to be the only reason we have a plethora of teams with white on white.
The club was formed in 1999.
They didn't play in 1999. Melbourne's 20 years was 1998 despite it being formed at the end of 1997.

kdalymc

Bench
The good old ‘0’ and ‘1’ debate.

I predict 17 pages...
just the 17th time its come up.

i have no issue with a team picking years, anniversary, or seasons, (just dont confuse these words...) HOWEVER make it consistent...

this is just f**ked
vs.png
this is correct but atleast stick with one ffs, this is just milking it
vs2.png
and if you use a word, use it right ffs
vs3.png

there are plenty more but this is what i found in a 5minute google...

Timmah

Staff member
just the 17th time its come up.

i have no issue with a team picking years, anniversary, or seasons, (just dont confuse these words...) HOWEVER make it consistent...

this is just f**ked
View attachment 25125
this is correct but atleast stick with one ffs, this is just milking it
View attachment 25126
and if you use a word, use it right ffs
View attachment 25127

there are plenty more but this is what i found in a 5minute google...
Doesn't change your point but the Knights one you've posted is a fan mock-up. The official 30 year logo was

brydenlockup.png

GAZF

First Grade
An NRL club's inaugural season is both the 0th and 1st year. The year they choose to celebrate milestones (in a 2 year window) is decided by placing a cat in a box with a death trap controlled by the decay of an atom.

Tiger5150

Bench
wtf man..

20th anniversary - 2019
20 years - 2019
20th season/ 20 seasons- 2018

the dragons are the only team to start in 99 but they don't seem to be celebrating anything (that i know of), presumably because they like to think their first year was 1921...

Its not that complicated. West Tigers came into existence in 1999. Therefore 2019 is their 20th Anniversary and have existed for 20 years in that year. They first played in the NRL in 2000 therefore 2019 is their 20th season.

Where is the WTF?

greenBV4

Bench
perfect QLD jersey!
are they struggling for sponsors though? never heard of auswide bank so they surely aren't paying much? and the rest of the jersey looks empty?

design-wise it looks a lot better to be cleaner and less cluttered, especially when comparing it to the nsw jersey, but you'd think they'd have the same amount of corporate support as nsw

sempmrh

Juniors
the lack of XXXX anywhere on it is interesting. will be getting one for sure
XXXX is on the back, same as last year. Last year's player issue jerseys had XXXX on the sleeves as well so I'm guessing that'll be the same this year? Not sure why they're not on the sleeves of the retails.

Interesting to note that ISC aren't doing the rubberised badges and the fabric looks to be their standard jersey fabric as opposed to last year's nicer quality stuff.

mn_tibor

Juniors

kdalymc

Bench
Its not that complicated. West Tigers came into existence in 1999. Therefore 2019 is their 20th Anniversary and have existed for 20 years in that year. They first played in the NRL in 2000 therefore 2019 is their 20th season.

Where is the WTF?
Not sure if your trolling me so I’m not even going to respond...