What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Dawesy76

Juniors
That’s kind of the point
I've thought the Warriors have had great Jersey Designs over the years however this one has an awful hint of Super League about it for mine..

1997-auckland-warriors-ridge-1-pro-home-shirt.jpg
[/Q

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I've thought the Warriors have had great Jersey Designs over the years however this one has an awful hint of Super League about it for mine..

I dont understand why everyone is so determined to pretend that Super League didnt happen...

Regardless of the right or wrong of it, it was a major EVENT. The NRL and the clubs should take hold of the story and shape the narrative in their own way.

Just look at the American Civil War. Half the country wanted the right to own slaves!! Yet they took control of the narrative and turned it into a great, nation-building moment.

The NRL shouldnt run away from Super League, it should place it at the centre of its identity...

Dawesy76

Juniors
I dont understand why everyone is so determined to pretend that Super League didnt happen...

Regardless of the right or wrong of it, it was a major EVENT. The NRL and the clubs should take hold of the story and shape the narrative in their own way.

Just look at the American Civil War. Half the country wanted the right to own slaves!! Yet they took control of the narrative and turned it into a great, nation-building moment.

The NRL shouldnt run away from Super League, it should place it at the centre of its identity...
We are essentially living super league and have been for years. All games on pay. Higher player wages. Reduced teams.

For the longest time I’ve always kinda thought that in the long run super league won the war.

beave

Coach
We are essentially living super league and have been for years. All games on pay. Higher player wages. Reduced teams.

For the longest time I’ve always kinda thought that in the long run super league won the war.

pfffft.

we all know who won the war.......

TheDalek079

Bench

news limited and a bunch of greedy clubs tried to steal the game of rugby league. Fortunately, the beloved Sydney City Roosters and Manly Warringah Sea Eagles stood up to the evil Empire. Both clubs sacrificed lots for the cause to help protect lesser clubs that sewer league didnt want (souffs, wests...), and the loyalty of the Silvertails saved the ARL.

Yeah, I can see why most clubs don't like to recognise blooper league. It'd get in the way of their irrational Roosters/Manly hating

Dawesy76

Juniors
news limited and a bunch of greedy clubs tried to steal the game of rugby league. Fortunately, the beloved Sydney City Roosters and Manly Warringah Sea Eagles stood up to the evil Empire. Both clubs sacrificed lots for the cause to help protect lesser clubs that sewer league didnt want (souffs, wests...), and the loyalty of the Silvertails saved the ARL.

Yeah, I can see why most clubs don't like to recognise blooper league. It'd get in the way of their irrational Roosters/Manly hating
I think it was so honorable that players from manly and the roosters didn’t take large sums of Money from packer/9/Optus even though those super league players took all that dirty News Corp money.

Wait what?

100%green

Juniors

:rolleyes:o_O

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

SL was not entirely bad and the ARL were not entirely good...

Hell, the ARLs long term plan was almost identocal to what SL actually put together. In the end, the only reason they didnt work together was because of the egos on both side not wanting to split the power. There were no objective “good guys” and “bad guys”.

What we DID have were some of the best set-ups to rivalries EVER!!! Forget about tough games and player rivalries, SL literally had teams trying to wipe eachother out of exsistence.

There would have to be a thousand stories for ‘95-‘00 that would work for marketing club rivalries. And if we ever go to conferences, i think the ARL-SL conferences would get some interest...

TheDalek079

Bench
I think it was so honorable that players from manly and the roosters didn’t take large sums of Money from packer/9/Optus even though those super league players took all that dirty News Corp money.

Wait what?

not just the players, but the clubs. Easts and Manly were highly desired by super league, and its commonly accepted that if either of us had defected then the ARL would have lost