What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
Nope. Some players prefer having their socks around their ankles and have probably done so since they were kids.
And yet they wear skin tight jerseys that they struggle to get on without help. I think they can handle socks up to their knees.

gzerounian

Juniors
X Blades are probably just giving players the option of proper footy socks or socks with a shorter length. I suppose it’s a better option than players rolling down their socks, especially from the point of view of an apparel partner because then their logo isn’t going to be seen.
Don't start with me on this sock thing..it has annoyed me for a while now and I have posted many times about this pet hate of mine in the past. Players haven't physically "rolled down" socks for years now. I have been paying very close attention and those players who play with "their socks down" have actually been wearing short socks. I remember Scott Gourley's socks would always be down after the first few takes then stay down for the rest of the match.

AJB1102

First Grade
If I’m paying you over 100k per year, you’ll wear your socks the way I tell you.

I am interested in making money from my sock wearing abilities and would like to know more. Do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to?

Don't start with me on this sock thing..it has annoyed me for a while now and I have posted many times about this pet hate of mine in the past. Players haven't physically "rolled down" socks for years now. I have been paying very close attention

hahaha I got a good mate who is chilled as but gets riled up when he spots a player with his socks down. "Good run mate but try pulling ya f**ken socks up!" Cracks me up.

Saxon

Bench
Que?

I know it's the new logo, I was referring to how it was put on the jersey. Rather than use a coloured version, it's white with a navy keyline.
Yeah, got that. What I meant was that this is my understanding of how they intend to use it. As in "Yep, that's the new logo and how it's going to be presented".

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah, got that. What I meant was that this is my understanding of how they intend to use it. As in "Yep, that's the new logo and how it's going to be presented".
I think presentation largely depends on application i.e. what background it's on. The colour version/s will still have other uses - I'd be interested to see what the away design is and what version they use for the club logo.

sempmrh

Juniors
I think presentation largely depends on application i.e. what background it's on. The colour version/s will still have other uses - I'd be interested to see what the away design is and what version they use for the club logo.
I’ve counted four different versions of the new logo for different applications and I really wasn’t expecting them to use the version they did on the home jersey. I’d like to think they’ll use the full colour version (the one currently used on social media) for the away jersey. We’ll probably find out this week since we’re playing away against the Cowboys.

Timmah

Staff member
I’ve counted four different versions of the new logo for different applications and I really wasn’t expecting them to use the version they did on the home jersey. I’d like to think they’ll use the full colour version (the one currently used on social media) for the away jersey. We’ll probably find out this week since we’re playing away against the Cowboys.
I'd expect the Cowboys to wear their white jersey for heat abatement tbh

Timmah

Staff member
D0X4XsKUcAAPW-k.jpg:large

Timmah

Staff member
The Dragons really are introducing a lot of black into their merchandise over the last few years and now this. The ‘Dogs went down this route a few years ago before the had the black away jersey I wonder if they are doing something similar.
I can't see the Dragons using black anywhere but Indigenous / Charity Shield tbh (in terms of on-field gear). Home will always be red V, away will always be predominantly red.

sempmrh

Juniors
I think teams introducing black or other alternate colours on merchandise is because people aren’t always going to want to walk down the street wearing bright red or lime green unless they’re on the way to a game.

grouch

First Grade
I like it. The black looks good and makes sense given the indigenous flag colours. Well done