What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRL Draw

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Thanks CaptainNitpick
LOL. You asserted you were right, I showed you weren't, and you resort to that shit :joy:
I wonder why they could gurantee the venue pre round 11 but not thereafter?
I'm guessing the Swans have already locked in games up to that point and advised the other codes. Important to note that the SCG is already booked for a handful of A-League games as well and likely has block bookings for the A-League finals too.

Lambretta

First Grade
As the Roosters have no fans, surely they can play at Waverley Oval (there's a main stand there, that can accomodate a 100 people) or Woollahra Oval (where the Union team plays)

No need to foul up the Universe going to the SCG

Either that or play all our games at Henson - we could make every weekend a craft beer weekend and pack it out with Inner West trendies

moffla

Bench
Round Nine (Magic Round)
Thursday, May 9
Titans vs. Sharks Suncorp Stadium (NINE/FOX) 7:50pm
Friday, May 10
Tigers vs. Panthers Suncorp Stadium (FOX) 6:00pm
Sea Eagles vs. Broncos Suncorp Stadium (NINE/FOX) 7:55pm
Saturday, May 11
Bulldogs vs. Knights Suncorp Stadium (FOX) 3:00pm
Warriors vs. Dragons Suncorp Stadium (FOX) 5:30pm
Storm vs. Eels Suncorp Stadium (FOX) 7:35pm
Sunday, May 12
Roosters vs. Raiders Suncorp Stadium (FOX) 2:00pm
Rabbitohs vs. Cowboys Suncorp Stadium (NINE/FOX) 4:05pm

Perfect opportunity to magic away Thursday Night Football for a week and they go and f**k it up

Move the Thursday game to the Sunday and sell out all three days
Having half arsed crowds on Thursday and Sunday seems a bit daft to me
They must have some f**ked up contract with CH9 if they couldn't shaft one Thursday game. I'm a fan of the magic weekend concept but Jesus Christ - they structured it just like any other round which defeats the purpose

GongPanther

Referee
I turn my Foxtel subscription off in the summer. Might not need to turn it back on this winter.

The remaining nine games I can either attend or watch at the local.

Cheers for that breakdown.
Doesn't your Foxtel contract stipulate a 12-18 month period?

Timmah

Staff member
They must have some f**ked up contract with CH9 if they couldn't shaft one Thursday game. I'm a fan of the magic weekend concept but Jesus Christ - they structured it just like any other round which defeats the purpose
I'm wondering if the opening round USA concept falling over might've forced the NRL's hand from Channel 9's perspective. If they were losing a game in Magic Round then they'd want it compensated somewhere else.

Valheru

Coach
I'm wondering if the opening round USA concept falling over might've forced the NRL's hand from Channel 9's perspective. If they were losing a game in Magic Round then they'd want it compensated somewhere else.

Surely the logical solution was to play Titans/Sharks on the Sunday and have channel 9 broadcast one of the Saturday games?

no name

Coach
Surely the logical solution was to play Titans/Sharks on the Sunday and have channel 9 broadcast one of the Saturday games?
Two non Brisbane teams as a one-off game leading into two double headers and a triple header at the same venue.
Maybe it's so crazy it's genius?
Actually, f**k that, it's just stupid.

Timmah

Staff member
While I agree, from a programming perspective it's probably easier to put a Thursday night game on mid-season than it is to arse-around with the Saturday night lineup.