What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRL Draw

horrie hastings

First Grade
so the Swans/AFL get final say in whether those 5 games go ahead? is that because the Swans already had a contract with the stadium? If not it seems fair that if the NRL draw is released first the AFL would have to work around that?

What is the Roosters' plan for any games that clash? take them on the road? more games at CC? or (god forbid) ANZ

edit: Its also a shame theres no club games in Perth to coincide with Origin, real missed opportunity for growth to have a presence there twice in the one year
Its great Roosters will likely take a game to Adelaide again and ill probably make the drive there this year to see Adelaide for the first time but its weird there's a game there but not Perth (Perth would be an easier market)

Panned exactly like it should have, no clashes with the Swans at the SCG, game vs Storm in Adelaide Friday 28th June, Port Adelaide play on the Saturday night.

azza29

Juniors
Judging from the AFL fixture, looks like Melbourne will have a good run with their home games this year. No major clashes with big MCG blockbusters, apart from round 25 where they'll almost certainly be up against an MCG final (assuming one of the Victorian clubs earns a home game). 6 of the 11 games at AAMI Park don't directly compete with any MCG/Marvel matches which should help crowds. A shame there's no round 24 game to take advantage of the AFL's pre-finals break but otherwise a decent draw compared to previous years.

thorson1987

Coach
Judging from the AFL fixture, looks like Melbourne will have a good run with their home games this year. No major clashes with big MCG blockbusters, apart from round 25 where they'll almost certainly be up against an MCG final (assuming one of the Victorian clubs earns a home game). 6 of the 11 games at AAMI Park don't directly compete with any MCG/Marvel matches which should help crowds. A shame there's no round 24 game to take advantage of the AFL's pre-finals break but otherwise a decent draw compared to previous years.

If we manage to get a home prelim though it would need to be the Friday game so it's not up against their Grand Final.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If we manage to get a home prelim though it would need to be the Friday game so it's not up against their Grand Final.
....or have it the night of the Grand Final and entice people over the road?

Could be an outrageous success (or complete failure lol)

azza29

Juniors
....or have it the night of the Grand Final and entice people over the road?

Could be an outrageous success (or complete failure lol)
Given the NRL's track record, they would just schedule it up against the AFL Grand Final, because why not?

Interview with the company that makes the draw. If you read the whole thing it's easy to understand why the draw is such a pain to get right: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/27/unbelievable-complexity-behind-the-nrl-draw/

Interesting read, cheers for posting.

Indeed nothing is ever as simple as it may seem. I wouldn't think it would be so complex.. and also that this needs to be outsourced overseas. However with the the far higher volume of sports competitions in North America it should be so surprising I suppose.

One of the striking things here is the comments/acknowledgement around Thursday & Friday 6pm..

"Everything is focused on trying to optimise what we can do for each and every club in terms of highlighting their matches and trying to highlight as many as we can while also understanding we have to play 23 Thursdays and 22 Friday 6pm games that fans sometimes don't like."

I personally don't mind thursdays - as long as they are played at either suburban grounds (ie in the heartland of the home side) or these could be used for some of the country games. NOT HOMEBUSH... I'd also say not SFS but that wont be an issue this year..

Friday 6pm still astounds me.

Perth Red

Post Whore
that fans sometimes don't like."

And the award for the understatement of the year goes to........

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
that fans sometimes don't like."

And the award for the understatement of the year goes to........
f**king hell. They even admit that they aren't perfect and you have a dig.

You are f**ked

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Considering how much of a headf&@k writing a4 week programme for 3 construction crews is for me at the moment I know this process isn’t anywhere near as simple as many think

Latest posts