What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin I - QLD 18-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big hit!

Bench
Ah yes remember when Gallen got the sole blame for losing all state of Origin matches?

At least he had the excuse of having an opposition containing
Thurston
Slater
Cronk
Inglis
and Smith
These imposters only had to beat f**king Hunt at hooker.

i was watching Gallen on post-game show last night. he was standing alongside Sterlo, Bracey, Thurston, Lockyer, and I thought, man, Gallen's a a f**king midget!

Reflector

Juniors
funny incident, particularly watching Cordner run around with one shoe for the next 5 mins, and I'm NSWman.

NSW don't get it. Whatever it takes.

Only Klemmer turned up for this one as if it was more than a standard NRL game, and Brandy kept him on the bench when he was needed on the park. He really got the interchanges wrong.

In contrast, QLD were going 4-men into tackles, putting on the heat like their life depended on it.

Seriously, if ability was the main determinant of the outcome, NSW should've flogged this lot. QLD has f**king MBYE in their 17, FFS!!

QLD have been getting it from Day 1. It'll probably be another 40 years until NSW gets it.

You get the impression that NSW players think their job's done just being on the team sheet. QLD don't think that way.

You serious?

If Wighton doesn't throw the most bone-headed pass of the game then we're not having this discussion. Instead we'd be talking about how even when they put in a patchy performance and go a man down for 10 minutes, NSW still get the win and how it's a testament to the great culture and self-belief in the Origin side.

moffla

Bench
Last year Freddy played it perfectly.
QLD were in a bit of a mess with players retiring and being short in numbers in key positions - they were there for the taking. He came out with a very relaxed, cool headed style - a bit quirky at times and NSW were able to cruise their way to two victory's.

This year, he's gone for the same approach and you can tell it's backfired. Queensland are angrier, they're getting stuck in and we were unable to match it.

I don't think our side is lacking quality, but it's certainly lacking a the mongrel needed to compete. That needs to be addressed just as much as the personnel, and the onus falls on Freddy.

Generalzod

Immortal
QLD were in a bit of a mess with players retiring and being short in numbers in key positions - they were there for the taking. He came out with a very relaxed, cool headed style - a bit quirky at times and NSW were able to cruise their way to two victory's.

This year, he's gone for the same approach and you can tell it's backfired. Queensland are angrier, they're getting stuck in and we were unable to match it.

I don't think our side is lacking quality, but it's certainly lacking a the mongrel needed to compete. That needs to be addressed just as much as the personnel, and the onus falls on Freddy.
Perfectly said...

Reflector

Juniors

NSW have got the advantage with the forwards available to them over Qld at the moment and this is where they need to really hit hard (figuratively and literally) in the upcoming games.

I disagree that they cruised their way to victory in Game 2 last year- they had to do it a man down for 10 minutes and put in a hell of a defensive effort to seal the game. FWIW, just like last night there was a 4 point margin in it by the end.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It is all on Freddie, he selected the team, he made the poor interchanges, it was his game plan.

Out coached by Kevvie.

The pressure is on now. Pick and stick???

Jimmy BBQ is a blue so would not be happy with a loss, but must have little smile.

As if Jimmy has played any different for 5 odd years, the difference is the blokes around him, he plays the same.

Anyways over to you Brad, Greg and Danny, fix it.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I think the players are guilty of being psyched out and playing the game in their heads before they took the field. It’s as if our supposed big game players, particularly Latrell and Cody Walker had dreamt out the game and thought they’d just take to the field and live out the fantasy.

Little did they know that there are the hard parts of the game that you just have to do in order to win.

Forget Bradley Charles Stubbs’ motto - here’s one for our underperforming blues for Game 2 - Less dream time, more game time!

Fire up boys and let’s bring it home in Sydney!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Agree, the only 3 worth feeding were Cook, Tedesco and Klemmer.

The rest can stick to club footy where everyone is friends and its just a fun game of footy.
You've missed Murray was outstanding on debut.

He is an absolute superstar and will play 30 Origins.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Ah yes remember when Gallen got the sole blame for losing all state of Origin matches?

At least he had the excuse of having an opposition containing
Thurston
Slater
Cronk
Inglis
and Smith
These imposters only had to beat f**king Hunt at hooker.

Jarryd Hayne single handedly won NSW Origin against all of these guys in 2014 including a win up at Suncorp but people say he's overrated and guys like James Tedesco and Latrell Mitchell are better

LMAO what a joke

big hit!

Bench
You serious?

If Wighton doesn't throw the most bone-headed pass of the game then we're not having this discussion. Instead we'd be talking about how even when they put in a patchy performance and go a man down for 10 minutes, NSW still get the win and how it's a testament to the great culture and self-belief in the Origin side.

Ok Freddy

I'm a Cody fan but anyone who thought having Cody, a horrendously out of form Cleary and Wighton as your halves options couldn't have expected much more than what we got.

Interesting to see what the options are now with a MIA HIA Keary, a brokeback Reynolds and in and out Pearce and Maloney.

Latest posts