What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin II - Sun 23 Jun - NSW 38-6 QLD @ Perth

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mozza91

Coach
If anything QLD got off light in the penalty stakes. They were blatantly holding players down and throwing in second efforts but not getting pinged for it.
This. Chambers and Morgan (which surprises me) we’re doing this shit all night. Munster also got away with a blatant crusher tackle in the 1st half.

But no NSW only won because of the officiating.

Nerd

Bench
This. Chambers and Morgan (which surprises me) we’re doing this shit all night. Munster also got away with a blatant crusher tackle in the 1st half.

Nah QLD could have got 6 more penalties and still would have lost. The NSW forwards did to QLD what they had done to them in game 1. The only thing that pissed me off about the refs was the 3 soft penalties given to QLD after the 60 minute mark when the game was over. This square up happens in NRL games by refs to even the penalty count up and shits me every time they do it.

billygilmore

Juniors
Hahaha, a but but the refs at 30 odd.

Quality effort.

Made my morning.

but, but the refs.....waaahhhh!

Gold.

Yeah it’s a bit of odd thing to whinge about, even as a qld fan I could see we were getting away with shit loads and the call on Maloney for forward pass, you see a 100 of them a week and Hunt did a pass the very next set of 6 that was more forward, refs were definitely on the maroons side last night

blaza88z

Coach
We were comprehensively beaten, hopefully we get a dry track in Game 3, our biggest weakness is our forward pack and wet weather footy suits NSW perfectly

ReddFelon

Juniors
I don’t know about you but the crowd seemed to pretty hostile towards QLD. Contrary to popular belief not everyone loves Qld.

Outside NSW, WA is the state that hates Queensland the most. Part of that is political, part of it is economics and part of it is squarely the fault of XXXX Gold.

New South Wales did a better job at aligning themselves with the crowd, having Adam Gilchrist on the ground talking up his love for the Blues and his status as a WA sporting legend didn't hurt. There's other parts to it too, the special WA dark blue jersey, WA has had a few blue teams (Eagles, Force, even Fremantle in purple).

I think Queensland often mistakes that their rivalry with NSW is echoed across the country. WA and SA hate Victoria traditionally, but WA as a parochial state also hates anyone who makes the assumption that they will get their support by default, which the two heads did.

Screenshot_20190624_092154.jpg

Generalzod

Immortal

Exactly a blatant crusher I wonder whether he’ll be sited for that, considering the NRL are making a stance of outlawing the tackle ..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
One does simply replace Cameron Smith

One-does-not-simply.jpg

Not sure how many series before Queenzlanders realise just how good he was.

Let them think NSW were better, but they put on Maroon and get better.

They were better with Cameron, no longer are.

GongPanther

Referee
One does simply replace Cameron Smith

One-does-not-simply.jpg

Not sure how many series before Queenzlanders realise just how good he was.

Let them think NSW were better, but they put on Maroon and get better.

They were better with Cameron, no longer are.

The sooner the Qld psyche cuts the umbilical cord from their past players, the better.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I teckon getting rid of the lard you had playing up front and recruiting the Pommie test team has a lot to do with it plus you have the best young centre in the game - but each to their own.

I agree that getting rid of the fatties has helped but replacing Austin with simple jack in the defensive line is a huge upgrade and is probably the biggest factor outside of getting a winner like Bateman in the squad

I think with the squad we have it makes sense for jack to play 5/8th. He has been one of our best from 5/8th and was one of our best from fullback. He has the wits of a cabbage but he is a handy footy player. Like when we are fully fit Croker and beej are nrl quality centres where they probably aren’t capable of playing in the halves..... imagine beej in the halves lol.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Do not worry, Kelly Underwood VFL sycophant said the only problem when she won the French was the girl from Ipswich was wearing Collington colours when in fact she was a mad VFL supporter of another Melbourne suburb.

At least she is from QLD.

Meth

Staff member
Queensland need a hooker. Hunt's poor service out of dummy half and the lack of replacement off the bench is an issue for Queensland that hasn't been talked about as much as it should be. Hunt should be in Mbye's spot and someone like McCulloch should come in.