What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin III - Wed 10 Jul - NSW 26-20 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
The Blues just had too much strike in the end. I thought the ANZ surface really levelled the game out in the first half and gave Queensland a fighting chance. They were perfect with the football in the first half, but once they started making errors (starting with that kick from Hunt) it got pretty ugly. NSW just had too many game-breakers in Tedesco, Cook, Addo-Carr etc. and the injection of Murray was a master stroke from Freddy. Bringing him and Graham on was just another ace up the sleeve for the Blues and the Maroons really started to falter.

Courageous effort from the Maroons to make a game of it at the death, albeit the Blues looked to have let them off the hook at various stages.

A strange series, on paper NSW had far the better side, yet it went down to the dying seconds. Either way, all 34 players delivered a wonderful advertisement for the game and some players added some wonderful moments to their highlights reel. I just never in my life expected Ethan Lowe would be one of them! What a crazy last couple of minutes.

Congrats Blues fans.
Absolutely a great unbiased summary of the match.

Well done.

Spot On

Coach
There is still time for him to make his mark.

Not as fullback mind you. But 5/8 is a possibility if The Jimmy leaves the Panthers.

If NSW can carry Maloney AND Pearce then Moylan is a walk up start.

Not to mention that huge post contact metre eater RCG metre eater that Isaiah is always spruiking.

aqua_duck

Coach
Mmmm, a few of his passes went astray. One crucial one which was intercepted in the second half.
I don’t think he makes the mark of ‘solid’.
Which passes went astray? Yes the one in the second half wasn't good but it wasn't like he actually threw an intercept, it was a miscommunication with his backrower who ran a decoy line instead of onto a short ball and the ball went to ground as a result but now you're making up other astray passes and forgetting the positive contributions because it's fun to blame Pearce, win, lose or draw

Last edited:

Latest posts