What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019: Parra v Dragons LIVE GAME DAY thread 4/8/19

Eelementary

Post Whore
My mail is that the coaching staff identified some small issues in KEvans running style and under the watchful eye of MPotter they have been working on fixing it at Wenty. What we have seen since his return is the result of that effort.

Really well done to everyone involved - big Kane has been outstanding.

And it's great to see Kane's aggression in defence back, too - it's clear to see he is fit, and confident, and it is awesome for us.

hindy111

Post Whore
Have to enjoy winning while playing poor. Much better then playing great and just winning or losing. It shows we can go up a gear or two. If we are able too then we can compete with the better sides. Currently we won't.

I think our bench was poor. No real impact at all. Nikuore was ok but the other 3 had little effect. Id still like Terepo back in the side. And maybe Taka on bench for Fergo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So turns out Authurs was rught about Evans after all and we all owe him a big apology

I always believed in Kane, tbh.

He always had that in him - he just needed to find consistency, which I think we can say he has found.

Evans, Nathan Brown, Reed Mahoney, and Junior Paulo set the tone early in the match, imo, and we never looked back.

Outstanding effort.

Bazal

Post Whore
Niukore made 107m at a better metre/run rate than any other forward.

He was better than "ok". Gower was pretty good too with 8 runs at 10m/run. Alvaro defended well as always.

Not sure how much game time Tep got but if it was a short stint 4 runs for 42m is ok.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Niukore made 107m at a better metre/run rate than any other forward.

He was better than "ok". Gower was pretty good too with 8 runs at 10m/run. Alvaro defended well as always.

Not sure how much game time Tep got but if it was a short stint 4 runs for 42m is ok.

I thought Niukore was outstanding off the bench.

Moeroa, Gower, and Alvaro did not le us down, but we lost some impetus when Evans and Paulo were off.

But it was a magnificent team effort.

Avenger

Immortal
  • Moses is in the top 5 halfbacks in the comp. Definitely his best season ever. Very happy for him.
  • Takairangi has earned himself a contract in my opinion. He was great today.
  • Dylan Brown is the best 6 we have had since Michael Buettner in 2001.
  • Kane Evans is doing well and is probably injury-free for the first time in years.
  • Alvaro has been awful this year. What happened to him? Slow and looks ineffective.
  • Yes, he has lost some pace and is probably still injured but M. Jennings is still a top defensive centre.
  • Great call of letting go of Tepai and Mau for next season. Mau will be a bigger loss though.
  • I salute BA for making the tough call on Mannah. We are a better side without him.

Gronk

Staff member
  • Moses is in the top 5 halfbacks in the comp. Definitely his best season ever. Very happy for him.
  • Takairangi has earned himself a contract in my opinion. He was great today.
  • Dylan Brown is the best 6 we have had since Michael Buettner in 2001.
  • Kane Evans is doing well and is probably injury-free for the first time in years.
  • Alvaro has been awful this year. What happened to him? Slow and looks ineffective.
  • Yes, he has lost some pace and is probably still injured but M. Jennings is still a top defensive centre.
  • Great call of letting go of Tepai and Mau for next season. Mau will be a bigger loss though.
  • I salute BA for making the tough call on Mannah. We are a better side without him.

Yeah Alvaro was average today. I read that he has exercised his option, so we are stuck with him for 2020. On the basis that he was very good earlier in the year, Id say that he is carrying niggles.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Interview on 9 post game with Drown. Still having back issues. They are trying to manage it he said. Didnt sound overly confident.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah Alvaro was average today. I read that he has exercised his option, so we are stuck with him for 2020. On the basis that he was very good earlier in the year, Id say that he is carrying niggles.

I heard Penrith might be keen.
Alvaro is worth a top 25 spot. Unsure what he is being paid.
Deserves a spot around 17-22

Bazal

Post Whore

They put too much/the wrong weight on him IMO. He was pretty flat early in the year.

But he was killing it recently for Wenty and impossible to leave out on form. And he was excellent last week. I still think it's better for the balance of the side if he starts.

Noise

Coach
Alvaro has looked like a slug all year. He was good in a shit team last year.