What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Pre-Season Trials - Feb 22, 23

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
D0FY1HiV4AAkLkh.jpg:large

Results list: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32793-results-2019-nrl-pre-season-week-2/

Fangs

Coach
I reckon the Roosters should have the ground at Bega as their home ground. It could comfortably accommodate their fanbase.

Would comfortably take their home crowd average above 3,500. Others will laugh but its a real win for the club.

Valheru

Coach
Would comfortably take their home crowd average above 3,500. Others will laugh but its a real win for the club.

The roosters have had a better crowd average than penrith in 7 of the last 10 seasons and our 10 year average is superior to yours.

But but but away fans!

Fangs

Coach
The roosters have had a better crowd average than penrith in 7 of the last 10 seasons and our 10 year average is superior to yours.

But but but away fans!

1, 2 miss a few...

Crowd numbers have been inflated by the Roosters since the mid/late 90s. Well known fact.

Why don't we argue about something that is actually contentious for once?

Valheru

Coach
1, 2 miss a few...

Crowd numbers have been inflated by the Roosters since the mid/late 90s. Well known fact.

Why don't we argue about something that is actually contentious for once?

Yeah if in doubt just claim the opposition figures are falsified.

You are right, we aren't debating anything contentious here. The roosters have more fans than penrith.

It is a well known and demonstrable fact.

Fangs

Coach

You are right, we aren't debating anything contentious here. The roosters have more fans than penrith.

I probably would do that yes however its not needed in this instance for obvious reasons.

Vic Mackey

Referee

I could be wrong, but didn’t the DT take a photo of everyone in the crowd at a Roosters game in like 07/08 and worked out that a crowd announced at 11k was actually like 7,800?

Valheru

Coach
I could be wrong, but didn’t the DT take a photo of everyone in the crowd at a Roosters game in like 07/08 and worked out that a crowd announced at 11k was actually like 7,800?

Don't recall.

I don't see how you could possibly claim to have everyone in attendance in the one photo anyways. There are always people in the dunny, getting beers etc.

grouch

First Grade
Crowd of 10,680 for the Cowboys-Titans trial on the Sunshine Coast. The Gold Coast season opener at CBUS last year drew less!

horrie hastings

First Grade

Not sure what year it was but certain it was way before 07/08, Shane Richardson was suppose to have taken photos of a game at the SFS between the Roosters and Penrith on a very wet day, my memory is hazy but I think the crowd was posted somewhere between 7 and 8 thousand and when it was only about 3,500, not sure what year it was but it was when every club was monitoring crowds very closely, I remember the Roosters response to the first crowd figure before the smaller one was announced was that seeing it was wet weather every body was in the bars keeping dry.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not sure what year it was but certain it was way before 07/08, Shane Richardson was suppose to have taken photos of a game at the SFS between the Roosters and Penrith on a very wet day, my memory is hazy but I think the crowd was posted somewhere between 7 and 8 thousand and when it was only about 3,500, not sure what year it was but it was when every club was monitoring crowds very closely, I remember the Roosters response to the first crowd figure before the smaller one was announced was that seeing it was wet weather every body was in the bars keeping dry.

Yeah that sounds right, I remember Penrith we’re somehow involved.

Wasnt having a go At easts as I’m sure all clubs have fudged figures one way or another. The Tigers/Dogs game at ANZ late last year had the smallest crowd I’ve ever been at at the ground. They announced 10,500 from memory but I can’t see how there would have been more then 6k there

Latest posts