What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Pre-Season

250excf

Juniors
I think you're missing the point.
He didn't win the Wally Lewis medal because he was playing on the end of a very good backline.
He won it because he took the tough runs and ran the most meters in an origin series in 19 years.
I accept that but for Souths he gets ragdolled and never plays at the SOO intensity

Curns13

Juniors
So you don’t think in club matches he got ragdolled quite often ok we will agree to disagree mate we all have our opinions no problem :thumbsup:
I think he underperformed at centre, he was fine but I wanted more. But I can’t use that to judge how he’ll go at fullback. From everything i’ve seen of him, his kick returns are great and with more room to move at fullback he’s be able to get up more of a head of steam and work in less confined spaces. I guess we will see.

250excf

Juniors
Is their this much carry on every time a punter has a different opinion on here wt
I think he underperformed at centre, he was fine but I wanted more. But I can’t use that to judge how he’ll go at fullback. From everything i’ve seen of him, his kick returns are great and with more room to move at fullback he’s be able to get up more of a head of steam and work in less confined spaces. I guess we will see.
if he gets the fullback gig I hope you are correct mate I really do , but he’s no power runner like Jennings or gi is he

250excf

Juniors
Gags can be a bit of a turnstile in defence at times as well , which as fullback won’t do the team any favours so is AJ tbh

Crowe

Juniors
Is their this much carry on every time a punter has a different opinion on here wt

if he gets the fullback gig I hope you are correct mate I really do , but he’s no power runner like Jennings or gi is he

Fullback isn't like a complete new position for Gagai.
He was twice the NYC fullback of the year and I read somewhere when we first signed him he still has the record for the most meters and tackle breaks in a season in the NYC.

Curns13

Juniors
Tradies know a lot more about the "real world" imo.
Southy, wtf is the ‘real world’? Every day I work with cleaners, groundsmen, teacher-aides, teachers, instrumental music teachers, admin staff, religion teachers, chaplains, deputies, principals, head office types and even sometimes pollies. Those people cover every walk of life. I deal with 28 sets of parents, everyone from lawyers to kids whose parents are in jail. I teach straight A kids and straight D kids, musical geniuses and the next GI. What’s not ‘real’ about that?

250excf

Juniors
Southy, wtf is the ‘real world’? Every day I work with cleaners, groundsmen, teacher-aides, teachers, instrumental music teachers, admin staff, religion teachers, chaplains, deputies, principals, head office types and even sometimes pollies. Those people cover every walk of life. I deal with 28 sets of parents, everyone from lawyers to kids whose parents are in jail. I teach straight A kids and straight D kids, musical geniuses and the next GI. What’s not ‘real’ about that?
You sound just like my Mrs :joy::joy:

callmack1

Staff member
Great discussion guys, keep it going!! However, I thought it was better suited to this thread so I moved it. Hope you don't mind.

Will give my thoughts on this positional issue tomorrow.

Also, welcome Crowe to the forums!!

callmack1

Staff member
Pre-Season training will really kick into gear today as I believe a lot of the senior boys in the squad (with the exception of a few who have extended breaks) return today.

southsport

First Grade
Young adults leave school, go to teachers college or uni, finish their studies and go back to school, most have never had a real job they only know school. ;)

Curns13

Juniors
Young adults leave school, go to teachers college or uni, finish their studies and go back to school, most have never had a real job they only know school. ;)
Now you’re just taking the piss. You’re gonna end up on someone’s naughty list, Southy. No presents for you mate.