What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R19 Fri - Knights 26-28 Wests Tigers @ Beanies for Brain Cancer Stadium

Round 19: Knights v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
Doesn’t matter if we make the 8 anyway. When we were on our run I thought at our best we could match it with the best. But we’re just making up the numbers and it’s a 3 horse race for the premiership.

So making the 8 is pointless unless you can win the premiership?.. sort of makes the existence of most clubs pretty pointless..

Knights goal should be make the top 8 this year and that's something to cheer about after years in the doldrums. Then they can build towards a premiership in the next 2-3 years.

TheFrog

Coach
Doesn’t matter if we make the 8 anyway. When we were on our run I thought at our best we could match it with the best. But we’re just making up the numbers and it’s a 3 horse race for the premiership.
If you extrapolate the current (Sportsbet) premiership odds of the three top teams, and extract the margin in favour of the house (15.5%), you arrive at a chance of 31.44% that the premiership will be won by a team other than Melbourne, Souths and the Roosters. Newy's share of that 31.44% isn't large at 2.55%, but that is only due to the way they have been playing.

Reflector

Juniors
I think Knights will put in a solid effort tonight and if they do that, they most likely win. The last few weeks you could argue they've had an unlucky draw- playing the Warriors with their key players injured or in Origin camp. Backing up just 48 hours after Game 3, against a Bulldogs team who lost virtually nobody to Origin and had a point to prove. Then playing away to the reigning premiers, Origin players returning and keen to avenge their blip against the lowly Cowboys.

This is a season-defining game for Newcastle, back at home and after last weeks' result with a finals spot to solidify should be all the motivation they needed, if ever.

Someguy

First Grade
So making the 8 is pointless unless you can win the premiership?.. sort of makes the existence of most clubs pretty pointless..

Knights goal should be make the top 8 this year and that's something to cheer about after years in the doldrums. Then they can build towards a premiership in the next 2-3 years.

Can you really see them building towards a premiership in next 2-3 years? Only Pierce, Klemmer, Moga and Ponga really stand out as players to build a team around some decent depth and utility in Watson. I just can’t see everything else falling into place before the ponga situation blows up

This Year?

Immortal
Seeing Blocker and Maguire in those beanies
images

Grapple

Bench
Pretty even contest.
Both teams are decent enough yet don't do enough on a regular basis to give you confidence. Tipping Wests just because I think they're due, but flip a coin.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Last chance saloon for Tigers but I think the Knights have more chance of doing something in the finals if they make it. Knights by 10.

Someguy

First Grade
Anyone else think it is a little inconsiderate of Farah to bring up his 300 tonite, seems to have taken way too much limelight off Ponga