What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R24 Fri - Broncos 17-16* Eels @ Suncorp

Round 24: Broncos v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lynx000

Juniors
Grats Broncos. That defence especially in the 2nd half was outstanding against a desperate Eels side who lost their cool under pressure. I felt sorry for them after the Fergo no try and if they converted their chances, should have won that game. Brown and Moses needed to own that game but I felt their middle let them down a bit at times.
David Fifita, take a bow. That run in extra time will be immortalised in highlight reels. Would have been happy with the draw, but then we wouldn't have been treated to that moment.
Great game given the circumstances for both sides.

Great post, and great game.

GongPanther

Referee
Ordinarily that's fair regarding GP but a dude just went through 5 players to run 30 meters to set it up. You've gotta pay that.
Provided the other team has an opportunity to do the same. It hardly seems fair that both teams don't get an equal chance as they do in the NFL. I'm very surprised that footballers haven't already brought this up.

blaza88z

Coach
Provided the other team has an opportunity to do the same. It hardly seems fair that both teams don't get an equal chance as they do in the NFL. I'm very surprised that footballers haven't already brought this up.

Sour grapes because us winning basically ended Penrith's season.

When the Cowboys beat us in the 2015 GF and Bennett had a whinge about golden point in the presser, very few on here even considered the point he was making, now all of a sudden because it suits the agenda you're driving, it's unfair.

age.s

First Grade
Sour grapes because us winning basically ended Penrith's season.

Can't speak for GP but I think most of us just want this season to be over. Whether it ends with the Broncos and Sharks powering home or with Manly putting 40 on us in week 1 is irrelevant.

Nerd

Bench
Parra made more linebreaks, scored more tries and ran for an extra 400 metres. The home side were only better on the scoreboard.
Parra also missed more tackles and made more errors. Being better on the scoreboard is the aim of the game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Parra also missed more tackles and made more errors. Being better on the scoreboard is the aim of the game.
It is, but if the better team always won there would be no need for phrases like 'the better team won'. In most cases it's true but not always. In a game decide by less than a converted try I'd say the teams are usually evenly matched, and the result came down to luck. Sometimes the better team even loses.

Nerd

Bench
It is, but if the better team always won there would be no need for phrases like 'the better team won'. In most cases it's true but not always. In a game decide by less than a converted try I'd say the teams are usually evenly matched, and the result came down to luck. Sometimes the better team even loses.
Whatever.

Latest posts