What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R25 Sun - Panthers 54-10 Knights @ Panthers

Round 25: Panthers v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t-ba

Post Whore
Pretty sure advantage had been played there lol.

Not that I'd have an issue with a 'free shot' rule after an error.

skeepe

Immortal
Lol. He ran 30 metres. If that’s the new advantage interpretation, count me out.

King hit

Coach
Congratulations to James Maloney on a magnificent career

2 time premiership winner breaking Cronullas duck
Runner up at the Warriors
Only misses the finals twice
Kangaroo
Takes NSW to back to back series wins
4 minor premierships with 3 consecutive with the roosters
Can piss anyone off

Champion

perverse

Referee
I was teasing, but you should stay out of their rubbish bin imo
The theory went that we need to get players from successful clubs that know what it's like to train and play in successful systems. That's how you end up with a team full of Guerras and Glasbys.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Gee it's frustrating having Kikau in SC. Panthers run heavy on the left side attack and he's the only merkin Newy can tackle... Get farked haha!

2 weeks

Coach
Congratulations to James Maloney on a magnificent career

2 time premiership winner breaking Cronullas duck
Runner up at the Warriors
Only misses the finals twice
Kangaroo
Takes NSW to back to back series wins
4 minor premierships with 3 consecutive with the roosters
Can piss anyone off

Champion

Can barbecue alone

Reflector

Juniors
The decade began with such promise for the Knights- finalists in 2011, the Tinkler buyout in 2012. And it's ended like this.

That squad should be challenging Canberra and Manly for the positions they're in. The club needs to go back its' roots and instil in the players the same values that were ingrained within the early teams. Once upon a time, a Knights team playing like this wouldn't have been in the mood for any kind of Mad Monday celebrations, because they'd understand they'd let their fans down as well as the town. I can't shake the feeling that in a few minutes it'll be smiles and slaps on the back with the Penrith players and then talk about where they're going to get on it tonight.

The 2010's were truly a decade lost for the Knights, and if the club doesn't rectify it they might not be able to take the home support for granted much longer...

GongPanther

Referee
As much as i’ve enjoyed seeing Cleary carve up today I wonder where it’s been all year??

First time we’ve hit 50 since 2013 and it happens in this year of all years haha.
Happy for the great win, infuriated that they now decide to put it together.

nick87

Coach
Wooooof. What a flogging. Ah well, it happens. Im sure the knights will bounce back strongly next we...
never mind

the seagull

Juniors
The only positive from this game from the knights is that it demonstrates how much work in defence is required. The issue from the panthers is that when the pressure was off they played the best of the season. One thing both teams have in common is mentally weak.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT - Panthers 54 Knights 10:

Cleary runs rampant over pitiful Knights
Andrew Ferguson | September 8 2019 6:24PM

Penrith Panthers v Newcastle Knights

Penrith have ended their disappointing campaign in the best way possible, running up a cricket score against the hapless Newcastle Knights to finish 54-10 winners in the last NRL game of the 2019 regular season.

The first 25 minutes saw both sides playing very well in defence, but with the ball in hand they were sloppy and ill-disciplined.

Read the full report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34083-panthers-v-knights-report/