What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

kbw

Bench
Ok, like i said i thought cabra were pretty good, the score didn’t really reflect it.
Cabra had about 14 players on the bench, so i’m Guessing some of those will end up playing A grade

Its going to be an interesting year for Cabra. If they can keep the top squad relatively free of injury then they will do well in both SS and RM.

If they have to rely on many players from the second squad having to play SS then their SS could struggle.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Its going to be an interesting year for Cabra. If they can keep the top squad relatively free of injury then they will do well in both SS and RM.

If they have to rely on many players from the second squad having to play SS then their SS could struggle.
I guess that’ll depend on who cabra get back from the bulldogs as well.

Does anyone know who the coach of Guildford is? A lot of Balmain juniors in that side so I was wondering what the link might be?

Saw the Guildford game today. They were outstanding.

Jaydn Field scored 4 tries off the bench

Their side was

1. Dom Reardon
2. Jarrod Petero
3. Josh Camroux
4. Suia Lapuaho
5. Cameron Eyles
22. Matt Ryan
7. Troy Errington
8. Taniela Lasalo
9. Jack Wheelhouse
10. Pifeliti Pifeliti
11. Blake Judd
12. Jake Ferguson
13. David Harris

Interchange

14, Fabian Taufaeteuu
15. Matt Rickard
17. Beni Valu
19. Daniel Lotu
21. Lachlan Camroux
25. Jaydn Field
28. Caleb Hunt

Reardon was superb at the back for the Owls while Pifeliti was the go forward through the middle. Judd and Harris were up there also.

rightleftin

Juniors
Does anyone know who the coach of Guildford is? A lot of Balmain juniors in that side so I was wondering what the link might be?

Paul Fletcher became coach of Guildford after he was outplaced by Wests Tigers. Jared Farlow played 2 seasons for him, before becoming Mounties coach last season.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Indeed they do. I missed it last night when I looked at the draw. I blame the lack of logo on the page haha

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why do they have these multiple byes again? I remember last year it was because a team pulled out late
It's complicated - partly to do with I think an earlier start - last year they kicked off in early April which meant they only had to worry about 20 rounds. Now it's a 24 round competition but still only 20 games each, so each club needs four byes.

In RMC, they have two full bye rounds (all clubs) then each club gets two more byes spread roughly evenly throughout the year.

In SS, there's three full bye rounds (all clubs) and then pairs of clubs get byes once throughout the season - Belrose and University in Round 1. Most of those are taken care of by the halfway mark of the comp.

Pantherman72

Juniors
It's complicated - partly to do with I think an earlier start - last year they kicked off in early April which meant they only had to worry about 20 rounds. Now it's a 24 round competition but still only 20 games each, so each club needs four byes.

In RMC, they have two full bye rounds (all clubs) then each club gets two more byes spread roughly evenly throughout the year.

In SS, there's three full bye rounds (all clubs) and then pairs of clubs get byes once throughout the season - Belrose and University in Round 1. Most of those are taken care of by the halfway mark of the comp.
It's only complicated because they dont all play each other twice like they should. Why would you have 4 byes when you can just play 2 more games and make it a fair home and away season.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's only complicated because they dont all play each other twice like they should. Why would you have 4 byes when you can just play 2 more games and make it a fair home and away season.
I think the answer to that is that it would impact draw alignment due to the difference in teams in the two comps. I understand the annoyance though.

Pantherman72

Juniors
I think the answer to that is that it would impact draw alignment due to the difference in teams in the two comps. I understand the annoyance though.
Align every Shield team with a Ron Massey team and the one extra Shield team with the BYE. When the massey team has the bye their shield team plays. Problem solved.

rightleftin

Juniors
New recruits at Mounties include Eddie Aiono, Atini Gafa (Wenty), Dean Matterson (Wyong), Ruebenn Rennie (Newtown), Vince Rennie (Newcastle Thunder, UK), Ryan King (Glebe Burwood/Newtown), Zac Mackay (Cabra), Tom Starling (Newcastle), Jack Payne (St George), Zac Greene (Illawarra Wests), Jakob Giles (Wests Tigers), Jamin Williams (Campbelltown City)

Last edited: