What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC

Mounties 40 Wests 4
Wenty 38 Glebe Burwood 0
St Marys 44 Brothers 10
Guildford 32 Hills 30

The big guns flexed their muscles today. Wests jumped on a grubber as the full time hooter sounded otherwise Mounties would have replicated the shut out recorded by Wenty. Guildford led 22-6 just after half time before Hills stormed back to lead 30-22 with 12 minutes left but the Owls came again to grab the Gremmo Shield.

Mounties demonstrated a handy short line drop out by slamming the ball into the Wests receiver on the 10 yard line and securing the rebound to race up the field.

SS
Wenty 24 University 22
Guildford 30 Hills 28
St Marys 56 Brothers 12

Hills trailed 30-0 a minute after half time but showed that they have much greater resilience than the last year when they conceded 70 on a number of occasions.

imgunawin72

Juniors
St Marys v brothers RMC
It was only 6 nil to St Marys at the 30 min mark, then the wheels fell off for brothers and st marys banged on 3 more tries before half time

rightleftin

Juniors
A number of players have moved to the Central Coast comp:

Aaron Weston from Hills to Terrigal
Mitch Achurch from Guildford to The Entrance
Jessie Jackson from Blacktown to Woy Woy
Brandon Shoveller from Wenty to Erina

Jackson played RMC this year in round 1 & 2, and Shoveller also played in round 1

imgunawin72

Juniors
A number of players have moved to the Central Coast comp:

Aaron Weston from Hills to Terrigal
Mitch Achurch from Guildford to The Entrance
Jessie Jackson from Blacktown to Woy Woy
Brandon Shoveller from Wenty to Erina

Jackson played RMC this year in round 1 & 2, and Shoveller also played in round 1
I can only guess its for the money

imgunawin72

Juniors
Any predictions for this weekend , both grades ?
Guildford to bounce back and give it to St Marys. I’m sure it will prove useful for st marys to play wingers off the bench again this week. Or maybe some of the directors could play along side their sons. Or a third option for them will be to play all the young blokes they’ve sent to play A grade after they get injured.

rightleftin

Juniors
Could be a good game in RMC. St Marys have won 3 out 4 including Mounties and Asquith but copped a flogging from Wenty. Guildford have underperformed expectations. SS should be an easy result for St Marys. Clearly East Campbelltown have a mortgage on the title but Cabra, St Marys and Asquith are a level above the rest.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Could be a good game in RMC. St Marys have won 3 out 4 including Mounties and Asquith but copped a flogging from Wenty. Guildford have underperformed expectations. SS should be an easy result for St Marys. Clearly East Campbelltown have a mortgage on the title but Cabra, St Marys and Asquith are a level above the rest.
I guess we’ll see

Butts74

Juniors
How many young blokes from last years SS are playing at Agrade for colyton ? Guildford weren’t that good in both grades so it should be a good go for saints to put some points on. Cabra hills should be a good game in SS but thinking cabra get get the W in that. RMC should lean towards cabra.

imgunawin72

Juniors
How many young blokes from last years SS are playing at Agrade for colyton ? Guildford weren’t that good in both grades so it should be a good go for saints to put some points on. Cabra hills should be a good game in SS but thinking cabra get get the W in that. RMC should lean towards cabra.
Not sure on exact numbers sent to C and A grade. They had approximately 40 blokes in their combined RMC /SS squad. So depends how many Penrith throw backs they get each week.
Yep I reckon cabra just in both against hills

Butts74

Juniors
Not sure on exact numbers sent to C and A grade. They had approximately 40 blokes in their combined RMC /SS squad. So depends how many Penrith throw backs they get each week.
Yep I reckon cabra just in both against hills
Yeah it’s a shit go for the blokes that have been there since the start of pre season to be told that your playing shitty Agrade , and the influx of Penrith boys coming back aswell wouldn’t cope well with the boys that have been playing SS or RMC. Yeah I think cabra in both grades should get the chocolates.

rightleftin

Juniors
Yeah it’s a shit go for the blokes that have been there since the start of pre season to be told that your playing shitty Agrade , and the influx of Penrith boys coming back aswell wouldn’t cope well with the boys that have been playing SS or RMC. Yeah I think cabra in both grades should get the chocolates.

I have done some research. Of the 33 guys that played for St Marys in the trials against Western Rams and Wests Magpies only 2 played in Colyton's loss to Blacktown Pats on Sunday - Luke Rosewarne and Emmanuel Petrus. There were a few others that have played in the past - Sonny Tuigamala played RMC in 2016 and 2017 but not last year. He would likely still be in the side if he hadn't chosen to play for Colyton instead. Also Eddie To'o was called up win the SS in 2017 after A Grade finished. Also Ethan Mcpherson started off in C grade last year but played 8 games in RMC - he did not play either of those 2 trials.

Of the 33 that played in either 1 or 2 trials detailed above, only 2 have played RMC this year so if you add another 15 RMC players you get to 48 so all of those guys cant fit into 2 teams. 16 of the 33 have played SS so far - 13 vs Asquith, 8 vs Ryde Eastwood and 12 vs Brothers. Another 3 that have played RMC in previous years, have played SS this season without playing in those 2 trials.

imgunawin72

Juniors
I have done some research. Of the 33 guys that played for St Marys in the trials against Western Rams and Wests Magpies only 2 played in Colyton's loss to Blacktown Pats on Sunday - Luke Rosewarne and Emmanuel Petrus. There were a few others that have played in the past - Sonny Tuigamala played RMC in 2016 and 2017 but not last year. He would likely still be in the side if he hadn't chosen to play for Colyton instead. Also Eddie To'o was called up win the SS in 2017 after A Grade finished. Also Ethan Mcpherson started off in C grade last year but played 8 games in RMC - he did not play either of those 2 trials.

Of the 33 that played in either 1 or 2 trials detailed above, only 2 have played RMC this year so if you add another 15 RMC players you get to 48 so all of those guys cant fit into 2 teams. 16 of the 33 have played SS so far - 13 vs Asquith, 8 vs Ryde Eastwood and 12 vs Brothers. Another 3 that have played RMC in previous years, have played SS this season without playing in those 2 trials.
Thats great reseach. I am trying to work out what it all means. Some of the blokes that played in the western rams trial would now be playing c grade. There is a couple of others that played both trials western rams and wests RMC that played a trial game for colyton 2 weeks ago , they haven’t played a comp game for either st marys or colyton.

rightleftin

Juniors
Thats great reseach. I am trying to work out what it all means. Some of the blokes that played in the western rams trial would now be playing c grade. There is a couple of others that played both trials western rams and wests RMC that played a trial game for colyton 2 weeks ago , they haven’t played a comp game for either st marys or colyton.

It means exactly what is says. As for C grade - yes 4 are playing there - St Marys like to give their juniors a trial in the main grades even when they have no hope of getting a spot.

Oldschool

Juniors
Yeah I’m really starting to warm to Asquith , they have ibeen really solid to start the year off.

Asquith has recruited really well. Very strong in the forwards. This year for the 1st time they are getting all Norths ISP excess players instead of sharing with other clubs. Asquith also have 2 of their contracted players playing ISP at Norths.
Not sure if they'll be able to match it with the big money clubs like Wenty , Mounties , St Marys or Cabra but they'll win plenty of games.
Asquith Shield will be way too strong for Belrose.