What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Happy for genuine discussion on this stuff but please leave targeted statements about particular people out of this folks. Remember it's a public forum and you are responsible for what you post.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Happy for genuine discussion on this stuff but please leave targeted statements about particular people out of this folks. Remember it's a public forum and you are responsible for what you post.
Thanks for the info. The discussions on this forums are people’s opinions only and shouldn’t be considered anything other than that.

Butts74

Juniors
Yep I agree some coaches will stock pile players. They seem to want the players there if they need them, but in my opinion are more than happy to f**k up these kids footy careers.
Classic example is in my opinion st marys sending young blokes back to play rubbish A grade for Colyton. Basically they appear happy for players to risk injury playing shit footy just to try n keep them match fit in case they need them to play SS
It’s a joke it’s the same with all clubs mate , if I was those boys that have been told to play Agrade until there’s a injury or something and they have been there since pre season I would say no.

kbw

Bench
Its a tough situation, what do you do as a club/coach. You have to only have 17 on game day but you do need to be able to have other players available. You also want those players to know the systems and the players they will be playing with. Sending back a bucket load of u20s players does contradict that though.

I think clubs benefit out of having a relationship getting NSW cup players back into Massey, but 20s into SS I am not convinced of. I think a good second teir u20s comp would make much more sense

Sometimes its hard when you know a player that isn't getting the game time and its a subjective game too. Me I like workers and listeners, some others like flash or size.
Unfortunately its the way it is and players need to bide their time as well as taking some things with a grain of salt.

rightleftin

Juniors
[QUOTE="kbw, post: 13466577, member:

I think clubs benefit out of having a relationship getting NSW cup players back into Massey, but 20s into SS I am not convinced of. I think a good second teir u20s comp would make much more sense

[/QUOTE]

There already is a 2nd tier under 20 competition run by NSWRL - with the very low participation rates for players of that age there are only 9 teams:

Parramatta 2 (Hills, Marconi)
North Sydney 2 (Asquith, Bewrowra)
South Sydney 1 (Newtown)
Manly 1 (Narrabeen)
St George 1 (Earlwood)
Canterbury 1 (East Hills)
Balmain 1 (Ryde Eastwood)

Penrith also has 16 teams in C Grade but this may still be under 19.

imgunawin72

Juniors
I noticed John Olive played for Cabramatta on the weekend

I was under the impression that the top 30 in the NRL squad could not play Massey. I thought ISP was the lowest they could go.

Can anyone shed any light on it.
I did some digging. If you google NSWRL Policies and Procedures Manual 2019. Section 1.7 Player Portability on page 16 answers your question.
Looks like you’re correct. Maybe John Olive isn’t contracted in the top 30 NRL players??

rightleftin

Juniors
I did some digging. If you google NSWRL Policies and Procedures Manual 2019. Section 1.7 Player Portability on page 16 answers your question.
Looks like you’re correct. Maybe John Olive isn’t contracted in the top 30 NRL players??

You are correct except it refers to "top 25" not top 30. It is a bit silly, when Wendell Sailor and the other St George NRL players were playing Jim Beam Cup it brought crowds and made Shellharbour competitive, they finished 4th that year.

rightleftin

Juniors
Isaac Thompson will not be on the bench for St Marys tomorrow. He is in the starting lineup for Penrith NSW Cup against the Warriors currently being played in NZ.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Thanks for the info. The discussions on this forums are people’s opinions only and shouldn’t be considered anything other than that.
Making accusations about people, even without naming them, goes beyond "opinions".

Keep a lid on it.

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC

Asquith 38 Blacktown 16

Asquith's 3rd win on the trot. They led 26-6 at half time but Blacktown, who have added Kurt Aldridge to their roster, put up a bit more opposition in the 2nd half and produced their best result to date. They may have a long wait for a win.

SS

Asquith 46 Moorebank 28
Cabra 40 Belrose 14
East Campbelltown 26 Ryde Eastwood 6

4 wins to both ECE and Cabra while Moorebank racked up its 4th loss.

rightleftin

Juniors
Group 6 starts this weekend and Oakdale Workers will be looking for a better performance than last year when they had to withdraw midseason. They have recruited many players that have previously played NSW Cup, RMC and SS. Alec Bush from Guildford is the captain and others include Arthur Little, Tom Moon, Matt Jones, Scott Jones, Craig Field, Shaq Prime, Jason Thompson, Cliff Manua, Charlie Latilupe and PJ Lose.

Pantherman72

Juniors
RMC

Asquith 38 Blacktown 16

Asquith's 3rd win on the trot. They led 26-6 at half time but Blacktown, who have added Kurt Aldridge to their roster, put up a bit more opposition in the 2nd half and produced their best result to date. They may have a long wait for a win.

SS

Asquith 46 Moorebank 28
Cabra 40 Belrose 14
East Campbelltown 26 Ryde Eastwood 6

4 wins to both ECE and Cabra while Moorebank racked up its 4th loss.

What has happened to Blacktown? They have no reason to be struggling. No Sydney Shield team anymore and pathetic in the Ron Massey.

rightleftin

Juniors
What has happened to Blacktown? They have no reason to be struggling. No Sydney Shield team anymore and pathetic in the Ron Massey.

Their NSW Cup side for the first 3 rounds was fairly weak, so that flows through to RMC. But they had a few more players in NSW Cup today and beat Souths. Leva Li, Fred Muala and John Tohi were in RMC today after playing the first 3 games in NSW Cup so that along with the recruitment of Aldridge might lift the standard. But still there were a few guys today that are only SS standard.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Their NSW Cup side for the first 3 rounds was fairly weak, so that flows through to RMC. But they had a few more players in NSW Cup today and beat Souths. Leva Li, Fred Muala and John Tohi were in RMC today after playing the first 3 games in NSW Cup so that along with the recruitment of Aldridge might lift the standard. But still there were a few guys today that are only SS standard.
They would have been better off running a SS team as well as RMC and NSW cup. It would give them more depth

Pantherman72

Juniors

I get the flow down effect but in the last 18months they have been garbage in all grades but especially in the Ron Massey Cup when they should be pushing the top 4 every year.

rightleftin

Juniors
I get the flow down effect but in the last 18months they have been garbage in all grades but especially in the Ron Massey Cup when they should be pushing the top 4 every year.

I don't know what sort of money they have but their recruitment has been inadequate.

Latest posts