What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 SG Ball & Matts

Tigers1986

Juniors
Wasn't the Cyrill Cup discontinued due to lack of numbers and players? I can't see that being an issue with the Matts.

Also, a former student at my school has made the Wests Magpies Harold Matts team. Very proud of him.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wasn't the Cyrill Cup discontinued due to lack of numbers and players? I can't see that being an issue with the Matts.
I don't recall that as a reason (not officially anyway):

· Cease the Cyril Connell Cup (Under 16) competition with players in this age group to instead compete at the QRL State Junior Championships held on the Sunshine Coast in June-July. (Championships also include Under 14 boys and girls, as well as Under 16 girls)

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/10/17/qrl-confirms-changes-to-2017-competitions-/

Trials last night at Corrimal

HM - Illawarra d Norths. I think it was 3 tries to 1

SG - Illawarra d Norths 6 tries to 3. Close match Illawarra scored a couple late. Lots of drop balls due to the humid conditions. Bears will go alright this year. Looking at the players Illawarra have they maybe a smokey to win the comp. If not they will be up there.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Season starts Feb 9th so surely we see a draw this week? I'm not fussed but would like to see what footy I can get to for the juniors

Timmah

Staff member
Season starts Feb 9th so surely we see a draw this week? I'm not fussed but would like to see what footy I can get to for the juniors
Last year it was released 30 Jan, so it'd have to be out Tue or Wed probably

George Dragon

Juniors
Trials last night at Corrimal

HM - Illawarra d Norths. I think it was 3 tries to 1

SG - Illawarra d Norths 6 tries to 3. Close match Illawarra scored a couple late. Lots of drop balls due to the humid conditions. Bears will go alright this year. Looking at the players Illawarra have they maybe a smokey to win the comp. If not they will be up there.
Did you watch the game, who were the stand outs
agree Illawarra SG will go close this year

Did you watch the game, who were the stand outs
agree Illawarra SG will go close this year
Yeah mate I saw the game.

Aaron Schoupp was outstanding in the centres. He should go straight into 20's after Ball is done. One of the Fegai twins had a cracking game. Sullivan the Half was a standout. They have big forwards who troubled Norths through the middle.

George Dragon

Juniors
Yeah mate I saw the game.

Aaron Schoupp was outstanding in the centres. He should go straight into 20's after Ball is done. One of the Fegai twins had a cracking game. Sullivan the Half was a standout. They have big forwards who troubled Norths through the middle.
That's the 3 I expected to stand up
I'm hoping Sullivan can step up to Flegg as well.
Thanks for the update.

Timmah

Staff member
Pirates posted their draw tonight

Round 1 Feb 9th
WCP v Raiders
Lark Hill Sportsplex, Port Kennedy

Round 2 Feb 16th
WCP v St George
Charlotte Pavillion, Ellenbrook

Round 3 Feb 23rd
WCP v Cronulla

Round 4 Mar 2nd
WCP v Balmain

Round 5 Mar 9th
North Sydney v WCP
Mascot Oval

Round 6 Mar 16th
WCP v Illawarra
Charles Riley Reserve, North Beach

Round 7 Mar 23rd
WCP have the BYE

Round 8 Mar 30th
WCP v Victoria

Round 9 Apr 6th
WCP v Penrith

Pirates posted their draw tonight

Round 1 Feb 9th
WCP v Raiders

Round 2 Feb 16th
WCP v St George

Round 3 Feb 23rd
WCP v Cronulla

Round 4 Mar 2nd
WCP v Balmain

Round 5 Mar 9th
North Sydney v WCP
Mascot Oval

Round 6 Mar 16th
WCP v Illawarra
Charles Riley Reserve, North Beach

Round 7 Mar 23rd
WCP have the BYE

Round 8 Mar 30th
WCP v Victoria

Round 9 Apr 6th
WCP v Penrith
Only one game in Sydney

Timmah

Staff member
Nothing much out of the ordinary there it would seem. Have the Dragons used Forshaw Park in Sylvania before? Otherwise looks fairly standard venue and timeslot wise. No Sunday games listed as yet which is interesting, although I imagine some of those unscheduled ones may end up that way.

Nothing much out of the ordinary there it would seem. Have the Dragons used Forshaw Park in Sylvania before? Otherwise looks fairly standard venue and timeslot wise. No Sunday games listed as yet which is interesting, although I imagine some of those unscheduled ones may end up that way.

I can't remember them ever using it.

Other interesting venue options.

Norths using Mascot Oval

And Illawarra not getting a game on WIN Stadium

Latest posts