What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Super League

Taking The Two

Juniors
Tim Sheens likely to leave Hull KR with immediate effect. I’m not surprised in all honesty, they’re having a bad year.

The smart money is probably on James Ford at York getting the job.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Theo Fages signs a new deal with Saints till the end of the 2021 Super League season, putting to bed rumours he’s off to Cas or the NRL.

Happy with this. How can you not be at the minute? He’s usurped last year’s Super League Dream Team scrum half from the side and is having a very good season.
Fully deserved on both counts of being the starting #7 and the new contract. Just makes you wonder how many more raw Theo Fages’s there are in French league setup. Well done to him for backing himself at a very young age to come to England and well done to Salford for taking a punt on him in the 1st place.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tim Sheens likely to leave Hull KR with immediate effect. I’m not surprised in all honesty, they’re having a bad year.

The smart money is probably on James Ford at York getting the job.

Seems the story of his demise might be a bit premature lol. Though there is no smoke without fire so we shall see if he gets to the end of the year. I doubt he will get a contract extension. I quite liked him and would have liked to have seen what he could have done with a few more decent players.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spo...gue-news/tim-sheens-still-charge-hull-2937550

deluded pom?

Coach
Fully deserved on both counts of being the starting #7 and the new contract. Just makes you wonder how many more raw Theo Fages’s there are in French league setup. Well done to him for backing himself at a very young age to come to England and well done to Salford for taking a punt on him in the 1st place.
I went to Perpignan for the first time this year and was very surprised at how few people outside of the service industry spoke decent English. It’s not a criticism in any way, shape or form but it must be a stumbling block for any young players who might think of coming to England to further their career.

adamkungl

Immortal
I went to Perpignan for the first time this year and was very surprised at how few people outside of the service industry spoke decent English. It’s not a criticism in any way, shape or form but it must be a stumbling block for any young players who might think of coming to England to further their career.

Shame all the ideas about the French going pro never seem to go anywhere. Would be a massive game changer.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Shame all the ideas about the French going pro never seem to go anywhere. Would be a massive game changer.
Looks like the only way this could ever happen is if enough interest was generated by the presence of Catalan and Toulouse and maybe even another French team in super league could create a potential TV deal and backers for a said professional French domestic RL competition because it’s certainly not going to happen anytime soon if ever with the current setup of elite1.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hull Kingston Rovers have appointed Tony Smith as their new coach following the departure of Tim Sheens.

Former England, Huddersfield, Leeds and Warrington boss Smith will take charge initially until the end of the current season.
The 52-year-old - twice a Grand Final and Challenge Cup winner with the Rhinos and Wolves respectively - starts at Rovers with immediate effect ahead of Sunday’s clash with Wigan.

He takes charge with the Robins just two points above bottom spot in Super League.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kingston-rovers-appoint-tony-16288532

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Looks like the only way this could ever happen is if enough interest was generated by the presence of Catalan and Toulouse and maybe even another French team in super league could create a potential TV deal and backers for a said professional French domestic RL competition because it’s certainly not going to happen anytime soon if ever with the current setup of elite1.

The only problem that I see is that if Toulouse and Catalan return to Elite 1 and it becomes a pro league, the best of the French players will still go to England for the higher standard. Although, I guess this could change over time.

deluded pom?

Coach
Hull Kingston Rovers have appointed Tony Smith as their new coach following the departure of Tim Sheens.

Former England, Huddersfield, Leeds and Warrington boss Smith will take charge initially until the end of the current season.
The 52-year-old - twice a Grand Final and Challenge Cup winner with the Rhinos and Wolves respectively - starts at Rovers with immediate effect ahead of Sunday’s clash with Wigan.

He takes charge with the Robins just two points above bottom spot in Super League.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kingston-rovers-appoint-tony-16288532
Leeds wannabes.

hutch

First Grade
Golden point victory for the London broncos against top of the table St. Helens 23-22!!!!!

Wigan also snatch a late win at hull Kr with a last minute drop goal with it finishing 19-18.

Did this make any noise in the London press? What other sport has last place beating first place, what a victory!

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Did this make any noise in the London press? What other sport has last place beating first place, what a victory!
Not sure but apparently the broncos not only broke their attendance record at the trailfinders stadium but it was also the biggest crowd ever at the ground beating the Ealing RU sides 3,627.

The official crowd was 3,801 but unfortunately for the broncos more than half were travelling saints fans!!

Latest posts