What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

playdaball

Bench
RTS
Fus
Beale
Hiku
Ken
Green
SJ
Paasi
Roache
Gavet???
Harris
Blair
Papali’i

Ah Mau
Tevaga
Bunty
Lawton?
Need something more from the bench ... a big hard running prop?

Unsure if Luke will stay

I’m sure Kata will be there but can’t put him in at the moment

Cold Roses

Juniors
RTS
Fus
Beale
Hiku
Ken
Green
SJ
Paasi
Luke?
Ah Mau
Pulu
Harris
Blair

Roache
Papali’i
Gavet
Afoa

Burns

First Grade
I don’t think Luke stays.

I don’t think the team changes all that much other than Ah Mau coming in.

Blair

Coach
I couldn't give a stuff about 2019 right now guys. 2018 is less than five hours gone.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Where's Maumalo, agree Kata has to go.
Nah Maumalo sux IMO. Like I said before - I'd have a try-scoring winger over a yards winger any day. His hit ups weren't even barnstorming yesterday. And too many derp moments from him. A predictable one trick pony thats really no danger and that any coach can prepare his team for.

Blair

Coach
Nah Maumalo sux IMO. Like I said before - I'd have a try-scoring winger over a yards winger any day. His hit ups weren't even barnstorming yesterday. And too many derp moments from him. A predictable one trick pony thats really no danger and that any coach can prepare his team for.

But Zero surely Ken deserves a decent go with an unselfish centre inside him?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
But Zero surely Ken deserves a decent go with an unselfish centre inside him?
It would have to be a Jamie Lyon type centre. One who is dangerous with the ball and also has a knack for vacuuming both his opposite centre and winger towards him and then dishes off all types of passes. Thing is - that will cover up Kens inability to beat his man but I guess as long as Kens scoring tries down one end and getting us out of danger on the other end of the field, no-one can complain.

Now where I we going to find a centre like that Blairzy?

JJ

Immortal
Maumalo was good this year, he rightly should be persevered with. Wasn't my pick ahead of time, Kata, Blair on the other hand, not to mention the million dollar elephant in the room. Penrith dominated but senior players like Johnson and Blair should have offered something

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I've been a pretty big Shaun Johnson sycophant in the past but if we don't go anywhere next year, and Shaun doesn't start stepping up in big games and/or is consistent, it's time to let him go. The argument that 'he'll go somewhere else and carve us' just isn't relevant. We can't have $1m of our cap being as absent as he was last night. He made 16 tackles last night, the same as Cleary did. So I'm not buying that as an excuse. He's got to find a way to be a factor against top 8 teams and in big games, and he's really not doing that. It's getting to the point where we could play Lino instead, buy a gun prop and fill another space somewhere else and gain from it.

Kata needs to be dropped too, he is an absolute liability and when the going gets tough, he goes completely off the boil. Continues to show we cannot trust him. Ken had a shocker but stays in credit thanks to his year.

Big Marn

Juniors
Ah Mau just gave us a taste of what to expect next year. Dragons carved up the Broncos good and proper.
Wonder if St George has a spare center they might like to offload. Lomax looks a goodie.

Blair

Coach
Ah Mau just gave us a taste of what to expect next year. Dragons carved up the Broncos good and proper.
Wonder if St George has a spare center they might like to offload. Lomax looks a goodie.

So Leeson sounds like an awesome buy. So well done Mooks.

ozenzud

Juniors
Ken has one bad game after being bloody good all year and everyone wants to crucify him. Wake up guys. The reason we did so good this year is because Ken did the job of our forwards and gave them energy to compete. This was a team effort and SK had a plan and it worked. But next year, he needs a new plan.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ken has one bad game after being bloody good all year and everyone wants to crucify him. Wake up guys. The reason we did so good this year is because Ken did the job of our forwards and gave them energy to compete. This was a team effort and SK had a plan and it worked. But next year, he needs a new plan.

Not me. He had one bad game, as you say, and will be much better for it. He showed from last year that he's capable of improving and exhibiting hard work. Kata, however....is worse than he was two years ago.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The Warriors are in desperate need of a game breaking forward, they don't have a guy there who you can pass the ball to who will create something on his own.

Examples would be any of the Burgess lads, Kikau, Taumololo, Taupau, T Sims, Pangai etc, they can run over the top of an opponent or poke through with an arm free etc

Oppositions aren't going to be shaking in their boots when they look across the park and see Blair, Papali and Tevaga lining up, Harris is good but not that style of player

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
Not me. He had one bad game, as you say, and will be much better for it. He showed from last year that he's capable of improving and exhibiting hard work. Kata, however....is worse than he was two years ago.
Yeah Ken has been bloody good this year, and that is playing outside the dunce that is Kata.

Ken can have poor defensive reads but its compounded by the fact he's inside the worst defender in league (as another poster noted Kata can tackle but he can't defend). Ken would also have a lot more tries if playing outside a centre who knows how to pass.

Man I hope Kearney does some reflection over the off season and then realises that Kata's upside of basically being a midget prop on the edge doesn't balance out his downsides.