What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I had Host ahead of Leilua at the start this year.

Then leilua went berserk and Host dropped down the pecking order sadly.

Can somebody please explain to me what value Jacob Host provides in the forwards? - am I just watching him on the wrong days?- I keep hearing these boom reports on him but over the past four years, I have yet to see him bust a tackle in attack, pull of a big hit or put on a clever pass for a try assist- I can be convinced but as the games and years go by, it gets harder.

hardbaby

Coach
Can somebody please explain to me what value Jacob Host provides in the forwards? - am I just watching him on the wrong days?- I keep hearing these boom reports on him but over the past four years, I have yet to see him bust a tackle in attack, pull of a big hit or put on a clever pass for a try assist- I can be convinced but as the games and years go by, it gets harder.
Host is good and he is improving. But he isn’t an impact player. He is 80 minute guy that does all the little things right. Good cover but not in the 17. Yet

BLM01

First Grade
Another workhorse type player and runs good lines for a backrower..but that sums it up at this stage but give him time

Last edited:

Datramp

Juniors

Agree with this. I haven't seen Host smashing down the door for a spot in the 17, though he has Sims and Frizzell in front of him who are both capable of 80 mins, and Leluia who offers impact and a point of difference off the bench.

As time goes by I am not sure that he will be anything more than a depth player as more and more second rowers come through the younger ranks. He could provide Frizzell some pointers on how to run a line into gaps though than trying to trample everyone :D

BLM01

First Grade
Agree with this. I haven't seen Host smashing down the door for a spot in the 17, though he has Sims and Frizzell in front of him who are both capable of 80 mins, and Leluia who offers impact and a point of difference off the bench.

As time goes by I am not sure that he will be anything more than a depth player as more and more second rowers come through the younger ranks. He could provide Frizzell some pointers on how to run a line into gaps though than trying to trample everyone :D
I love the Frizz and a great player, but how much better would it be him running straight in to holes with the halves creating a hole and putting it on his chest. Then he can trample the wingers and fullbacks as last line of defence. But again..I dont coach the The St George Illawarra Dragons. :confused:

ALSGI

Bench
1. Dufty
2. Pearson
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Periera
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizzell
12. T. Sims
13. JDB

14. Lielua
15. KSims
16. Lawrie
17. Mann

18. Field
19. Robson
20. Host
21. Aitken
22. Ravalawa
23. Latimore

The 13 look great and is top 4 quality imo.

KSims and Lawrie Prop rotation.
Mann/Field back up 6/7.
Robson back up 9.
Host/Latimore to back up forwards.

BLM01

First Grade
1. Dufty
2. Pearson
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Periera
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizzell
12. T. Sims
13. JDB

14. Lielua
15. KSims
16. Lawrie
17. Mann

18. Field
19. Robson
20. Host
21. Aitken
22. Ravalawa
23. Latimore

The 13 look great and is top 4 quality imo.

KSims and Lawrie Prop rotation.
Mann/Field back up 6/7.
Robson back up 9.
Host/Latimore to back up forwards.
Dont forget our star back to be signed has to fit in there somewhere!

BLM01

First Grade
Nope, it is what it is and it aint too bad I’ve got to say, top 4 material, who knows from there.
Yep we will see, I am hopeful for 1 more good addition. We are Top 4 material, but whether that can materialise under our coaching staff in 2019....well thats the main issue.

Old Timer

Coach
I said this last year and will say it again this year that Mann should either start in the run on side or play reggies as the bench is unbalanced with him on it and it eventually leads to the fatigue the forwards suffer at the back end of the year.
Keeping a lightweight utility on the bench in anticipation of a possible injury in the backs in a game that increases in physicality every year and has less interchanges than a few years back is flawed ideology.
4 forwards on the bench is a must for our style of play, especially as we have a high representation in the forwards during SOO plus a few ageing forwards and some who have recurring injuries.
If a back gets injured during a game then so be it but at least next week you have the chance to select a different back line but selecting a back on the bench each and every week (or a forward you don't use) is simply shit coaching.

JDHD

Juniors
He’ll be there but not in the centres.

That’s my prediction anyway.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Aitken get a wing spot tbh. He can’t pass to save his life but he’s very fast and very strong. Plus the wing might give him less defensive load than centre and help with his biscuity nature.

ALSGI

Bench
I said this last year and will say it again this year that Mann should either start in the run on side or play reggies as the bench is unbalanced with him on it and it eventually leads to the fatigue the forwards suffer at the back end of the year.
Keeping a lightweight utility on the bench in anticipation of a possible injury in the backs in a game that increases in physicality every year and has less interchanges than a few years back is flawed ideology.
4 forwards on the bench is a must for our style of play, especially as we have a high representation in the forwards during SOO plus a few ageing forwards and some who have recurring injuries.
If a back gets injured during a game then so be it but at least next week you have the chance to select a different back line but selecting a back on the bench each and every week (or a forward you don't use) is simply shit coaching.
FMD. We’re doomed.
Have you got anything positive about next year at all? Anything?

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Mann, if he is staying and that appears more likely day by day, then he, as you say, has to be in ths run on side, be that wing, centre or fullback. I agree having him on the bench achieves very little.

I would go with Robson on the bench as ths utility forward who could easily give McInnes a spell or even play some 2nd row.