What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

hewi

Bench
Mann IMO has a lot of talent it’s just not properly utilised. Personally I think he provides a better option than Aitken. I would love Aitken to be able to come off the bench as a back rower but he lacks the size IMO. I feel Mann can cover more positions and has far better options with the ball plus reads better in defence.

nontime111

Juniors
Mann IMO has a lot of talent it’s just not properly utilised. Personally I think he provides a better option than Aitken. I would love Aitken to be able to come off the bench as a back rower but he lacks the size IMO. I feel Mann can cover more positions and has far better options with the ball plus reads better in defence.
I concur.....I feel so sorry for poor Mann, all he needs is a firm solid position for him to damn well get used to the role and hell really go well I think, far better than Aitken whos reached his ceiling of potential already, Manns nippy in attack with a great passing game and vision, a natural footballer who is also a gun in defence, Id love Mann and Lomax for centres personally wed score a lot of points!

Old Timer

Coach
FMD. We’re doomed.
Have you got anything positive about next year at all? Anything?
Because I express an opinion of how we might be better off next year you construe it as negativity FMD have a think about your post before you hit the send button.
If you bothered to have a look you would see that I am actually a big fan of Mann but do believe we are best served with him in the run on side or not at all as IMO it gives us a better chance of utilising a bench to the betterment of our team.
We came up short the last 2 years and IMO more of the same will mean exactly the same result so what makes you believe more of the same will yield a different result?
You are the one who said we are doomed not me so stop putting your words in other peoples mouths.

Carlton

Juniors
Because I express an opinion of how we might be better off next year you construe it as negativity FMD have a think about your post before you hit the send button.
If you bothered to have a look you would see that I am actually a big fan of Mann but do believe we are best served with him in the run on side or not at all as IMO it gives us a better chance of utilising a bench to the betterment of our team.
We came up short the last 2 years and IMO more of the same will mean exactly the same result so what makes you believe more of the same will yield a different result?
You are the one who said we are doomed not me so stop putting your words in other peoples mouths.

I agree with you OT, Mann should be in the run onside or not at all. Our bench cannot afford the luxury of including a replacement back.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Aitken get a wing spot tbh. He can’t pass to save his life but he’s very fast and very strong. Plus the wing might give him less defensive load than centre and help with his biscuity nature.

I said this a while ago but was “pooh poohed” about the idea.

My belief is that it’s not beyond the realm of possibility given who is still coaching the side.

Last edited:

41yearsaint

Juniors
Better options with ball plus reads defence.
Nailed it.

ALSGI

Bench
Lol.
My bad OT, I meant to reply to another post on another thread, got distracted.
Keep your panties on.

BLM01

First Grade
I said this a while ago but was “pooh poohed” about this idea.

My belief is that it’s not beyond the realm of possibility given who is still coaching the side.
Aitken cant defend on the wing either he would still be left stranded as he does not read attacking play well..and how does he go jumping and leaping for the high ball. Sorry Jimay..my opinion is to pooh pooh your idea again.

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Aitken get a wing spot tbh. He can’t pass to save his life but he’s very fast and very strong. Plus the wing might give him less defensive load than centre and help with his biscuity nature.

They might something like this to make this work...dont think it will work though. I think they will try lomax and aitken on the right and they swap between wing and centre...and lomax end up on the wing

Walpole

Juniors
There's a couple of pluses to Aitken on the wing - you'd get some strong runs out of him bringing the ball back from kicks and he wouldn't have to pass much, but you have to wonder how he'd handle the high ball. Then there's still the potential he'd get lost in defence, especially against genuinely fast wingers like Ado-Carr.

watatank

Coach
If aitken played wing you'd just kick to his wing every time and you'd probably also kick early too and turn him around. He will be a bigger target than he already is. It wouldn't be long before he's back at centre or state cup

Old Timer

Coach
FMD let’s compound keeping and buying plodders by selecting people playing badly in their natural position out of position.
Square pegs in round holes has never worked except with the extremely gifted & talented and we certainly don’t have any of that in regards to what people are suggesting.
Aitken is a centre and a left one at that but he plays out of position to accomodate Lafai what a joke.

possm

Coach
There's a couple of pluses to Aitken on the wing - you'd get some strong runs out of him bringing the ball back from kicks and he wouldn't have to pass much, but you have to wonder how he'd handle the high ball. Then there's still the potential he'd get lost in defence, especially against genuinely fast wingers like Ado-Carr.

Exactly, Aitken is a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. He was sadly signed long term even though he continues to perform below the form required form an NRL right centre.

denis preston

First Grade
Can somebody please explain to me what value Jacob Host provides in the forwards? - am I just watching him on the wrong days?- I keep hearing these boom reports on him but over the past four years, I have yet to see him bust a tackle in attack, pull of a big hit or put on a clever pass for a try assist- I can be convinced but as the games and years go by, it gets harder.

R&W the fact that he just has had a shoulder reconstruction probably explains that 2018 was a wasted year for him. Lets judge him in a injury free 2019. His chances haven't been helped by 2 SOO second rowers in his way and a coach's reluctance to rest players or use the interchange creatively . He has the body & the brains but 2019 has to be his breakout year.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Aitken cant defend on the wing either he would still be left stranded as he does not read attacking play well..and how does he go jumping and leaping for the high ball. Sorry Jimay..my opinion is to pooh pooh your idea again.

Sure thing. However, who is still ‘the coach’?

Crush

Coach
1. Dufty
2. Pearson
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Periera
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizzell
12. T. Sims
13. JDB

14. Lielua
15. KSims
16. Lawrie
17. Mann

18. Field
19. Robson
20. Host
21. Aitken
22. Ravalawa
23. Latimore

The 13 look great and is top 4 quality imo.

KSims and Lawrie Prop rotation.
Mann/Field back up 6/7.
Robson back up 9.
Host/Latimore to back up forwards.
Sticking with Lafai for another season?
He really is the Shaun Marsh of dragons footy, he cannot he dropped. And Aitken is Mitch Marsh.

Crush

Coach
All I know is Lomax better be 1st centre picked or else I’ll blow a poop poop valve:rage:
Mate, as long as Paul McGregor is still our coach round 1 then Lomax will be playing ISP for a while.
Have you not seen the last 4 years? Most ultra conservative, negative selector of all time. I mean, he picks a backup back on the bench just in case of an injury. He will see starting Lomax as too risky, too young, needs more time. It'll be Lafai and Aitken. Even if Hayne signs he will find a way to squeeze Lafai and Aitken into the starting side, they are his boys, he will never drop them.
Lomax starts in ISP.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Mate, as long as Paul McGregor is still our coach round 1 then Lomax will be playing ISP for a while.
Have you not seen the last 4 years? Most ultra conservative, negative selector of all time. I mean, he picks a backup back on the bench just in case of an injury. He will see starting Lomax as too risky, too young, needs more time. It'll be Lafai and Aitken. Even if Hayne signs he will find a way to squeeze Lafai and Aitken into the starting side, they are his boys, he will never drop them.
Lomax starts in ISP.
Unfortunately every word you just said is spot on true .

Latest posts