What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, with the recent developments my team now is:

F/b - Dufty
Wings - JP x2
Centres - Lomax and Lafai
5/8 - Widdop
Half - Hunt
Hooker - McInnes
Props - Jammer and Vaughan
Edge - Friz and T. Sims
Lock - JDB

Bench: K. Sims, Blocker, Leilua, Robson

Mann misses out because he adds no valud as a bench player. Robson offers so much more as a replacement hooker/edge forward. It would allow (uf needed) for Friz to move into the middle anc act as an extra prop.

BLM01

First Grade

F/b - Dufty
Wings - JP x2
5/8 - Widdop
Half - Hunt
Hooker - McInnes
Edge - Friz and T. Sims
Lock - JDB

Mann misses out because he adds no valud as a bench player. Robson offers so much more as a replacement hooker/edge forward. It would allow (uf needed) for Friz to move into the middle anc act as an extra prop.
Good side, but I keep saying if 1-7 goes down injured, we have no one to fill in there, not even a backrower come centre and T Sims is too slow to be a centre and cant pass

ouryears

Bench
Good side, but I keep saying if 1-7 goes down injured, we have no one to fill in there, not even a backrower come centre and T Sims is too slow to be a centre and cant pass
There are always ISP guys who can and will step up. Look at the very end of last season, given a chance they all stepped up.

ouryears

Bench
Sticking with Lafai for another season?
He really is the Shaun Marsh of dragons footy, he cannot he dropped. And Aitken is Mitch Marsh.
There is a definite similarity with the Dragons and our national cricket team I agree crush, for nugget not to realise our centres are our weakness just shows his arrogance and weakness.

dino1

Juniors

F/b - Dufty
Wings - JP x2
5/8 - Widdop
Half - Hunt
Hooker - McInnes
Edge - Friz and T. Sims
Lock - JDB

Replace Lafai with Mann. Since he came too us from the LEBDOGS hes been just a dog

possm

Coach

F/b - Dufty
Wings - JP x2
5/8 - Widdop
Half - Hunt
Hooker - McInnes
Edge - Friz and T. Sims
Lock - JDB

Your selection of Blocker on the bench is very interesting. I don't no much about him.

BLM01

First Grade
There are always ISP guys who can and will step up. Look at the very end of last season, given a chance they all stepped up.
Fine but you need 1 in your starting 17. Every 2 points or win is gold in this tightish competiton

ouryears

Bench
Fine but you need 1 in your starting 17. Every 2 points or win is gold in this tightish competiton
You do need a good backup in your 17, I guess that will still be Mann, possibly Aitken if Mann makes the starting side.

Mann can cover FB, Centre, Wing and halves. Aitken would come on so Mann can then move to cover whoever is injured

Ofcourse I would prefer Lomax is already out there as well

Having Mann cover all backline positions is a bonus.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
You do need a good backup in your 17, I guess that will still be Mann, possibly Aitken if Mann makes the starting side.

Mann can cover FB, Centre, Wing and halves. Aitken would come on so Mann can then move to cover whoever is injured

Ofcourse I would prefer Lomax is already out there as well

Having Mann cover all backline positions is a bonus.

Only problem here is that McGregor won’t give Mann another shot at fullback.

Saints could lose it’s entire top 25 man squad and he still wouldn’t wear the no. 1 jumper.

possm

Coach

Saints could lose it’s entire top 25 man squad and he still wouldn’t wear the no. 1 jumper.
It's funny how:
Mary got a second chance after being done for DUI,
Aitken has got many second chances after letting tries in
Lafai get chance after chance even though he throws wild passes that don't reach their mark …………….

And yet Mann or Mann not even a sniff of a chance after being so loyal and doing well in every position Mary has thrown at him.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
It's funny how:
Mary got a second chance after being done for DUI,
Aitken has got many second chances after letting tries in
Lafai get chance after chance even though he throws wild passes that don't reach their mark …………….

And yet Mann or Mann not even a sniff of a chance after being so loyal and doing well in every position Mary has thrown at him.

I don’t understand why he hasn’t asked for a release ages ago.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
BLM,
I understand the importance of a utility on the bench in a finals match where inability to cover for injury to a back could mean you exit the Comp. But last year Mary proved how wasted a utility was on the bench during the premiership rounds. If a back is injured with no one suitable on the bench the worst outcome would be to lose one game. The alternative last year was to risk losing many games by never picking 4 forwards on the bench. I am sure this was a factor in the string of losses after SoO.

Old Timer

Coach
BLM,
I understand the importance of a utility on the bench in a finals match where inability to cover for injury to a back could mean you exit the Comp. But last year Mary proved how wasted a utility was on the bench during the premiership rounds. If a back is injured with no one suitable on the bench the worst outcome would be to lose one game. The alternative last year was to risk losing many games by never picking 4 forwards on the bench. I am sure this was a factor in the string of losses after SoO.
Excellent post.
Risking games late in the season due to a possible injury in 1 game is ridiculous logic.
Mann should either start or he plays reggies as simple as that and IMO he would walk into the run on side at LW or LC.
Robson provides a much better option on the bench although even then I would still be reluctant and would probably still go with another big body.
One of the key issues for us is that we already have a few "depth" players entrenched in the back line so if a good player like Widdop or Hunt gets injured Mc Fookknuckle wants to have a "utility" on the bench and if they are not needed he has the luxury of potentially playing him in the forwards.
That is simple truth as to why Mann's career has stalled so markedly since he came to our club and also the reason why our forwards are so tired and busted mid way through the second round.

ouryears

Bench

If dufty gets injured, then Mary will have to move Widdop to fullback and Mann to halves.

Or Lomax to FB and bring Aiken into replace lomax at centre.
I think there are enough options, though not ones that will match the Rorters or Storm, to match their options we need brown paper bags.