What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Periera will be 1st winger picked. Rav wont get picked for Round 1

Agree, Periera will be the 1st winger picked and I have no doubt Aitken will start at right centre. I have a feeling Lomax will be the other winger.
This is not what I think, it's just predicting how McGregor thinks. He always picks the tried and true over the unknown, unless his hand is forced through injury etc.
There will be no fan service in the team he selects, thats guaranteed.

BLM01

First Grade
Agree, Periera will be the 1st winger picked and I have no doubt Aitken will start at right centre. I have a feeling Lomax will be the other winger.
This is not what I think, it's just predicting how McGregor thinks. He always picks the tried and true over the unknown, unless his hand is forced through injury etc.
There will be no fan service in the team he selects, thats guaranteed.

I have a feeling McGregor will start Lomax in the centres...No 3 .Periera will have No. 2.
The rest of the make up of 1,4-7 is anybody's guess ATM. Widdop, Norman &, Hunt are the only other guaranteed 1st grade positions IMO in the backline

getsmarty

Immortal
I have a feeling McGregor will start Lomax in the centres...No 3 .Periera will have No. 2.
The rest of the make up of 1,4-7 is anybody's guess ATM. Widdop, Norman &, Hunt are the only other guaranteed 1st grade positions IMO in the backline

I'd say Lafai is a lock...can't see Mary dropping him.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Actually, I disagree,

As mentioned previously, I feel McGregor will confound is all by choosing Aitken on the wing in round one.

I just feel it in my bones.
I would be happy to have a small wager with you that Aitken wont play wing . My bet is still right centre but he is training at lock and a bit of left centre and right centre . Maybe he is being groomed for Kurt Mann's bench spot ?

DragonJ

Juniors
Although 4 kilos heavy then Mann IMO Aitken is to light to be an effective backrower or lock like JDB or Frizell.

Too small to start but for 10-15 min at the backend of each half or in case of an injury in the backline, I think he is well worth having on the bench.

coastiedragon

Juniors
Maybe - but might be the right size to be a back rower like Cameron Murray or Victor Radley .. the only thing it would take would be some footy smarts ;-)

Thank you aiken got heart thats what you need stick your small shit where the sun dont shine murray and radley play out of there skins tackling blokes 120 kegs all day. Aiken could be that kind off player we need just straight hard lines off mcinnes hip between the A defenders

DragonJ

Juniors
3 interchanges for Aitken? Pass
It may be difficult to have both Robson and Aitken on the bench but out of Frizz, Simms x 2, JDB, Host, Leilua, Lawrie, Latimore who would you have that can play in the forwards and be cover for an injury in the backline? Which is almost assured several times throughout the season.

nontime111

Juniors
concur, k
Periera will be 1st winger picked. Rav wont get picked for Round 1
knowing Mcconservative players have to die to get out of the team like the old English cricket team....even if Ravalawa blitzes in reserves hell still not get picked if Perier is avge....

Crush

Coach
Maybe - but might be the right size to be a back rower like Cameron Murray or Victor Radley .. the only thing it would take would be some footy smarts ;-)
Dude give it a rest. When you want to lay the boot into a player you are relentless. Last year it was nighty, this year its Aitken. We get it. You don't rate him. Move on would you?

RufusRex

Post Whore
Dude give it a rest. When you want to lay the boot into a player you are relentless. Last year it was nighty, this year its Aitken. We get it. You don't rate him. Move on would you?

No
I want the club to win
Nighty was shit last year and cost us
Aitken is the next weakest link that is holding the club back

There is always a weakest link and the club should always be looking at improving not settling

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I would be happy to have a small wager with you that Aitken wont play wing . My bet is still right centre but he is training at lock and a bit of left centre and right centre . Maybe he is being groomed for Kurt Mann's bench spot ?

Are you aware that Paul McGregor is still the Dragons’ coach?