What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

dino1

Juniors
Being the playmaker and managing a team is a job which Widdop is not suited to and I'm sure he is not comfortable with. In any case Widdop has not managed our team well over the past 5 years. He is not a playmaker.

Now with that job lifted from his shoulders, he will excel in what he does best, run, seek opportunities, and from the back shout advice regarding threats and opportunities to his team mates. On occasions he will chime into the backline and sprint to the line or set up his speedy wingers. He love and relish the role.
SO WHO IS THE PLAYMAKER?????

WepnutV

Juniors
1.Widdop
2.Lomax
3.Aitken
4.Lafai
5.Dufty
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Vaughn
9.Mcinnes
10.K Simms
11.Frizzell
12.T Simms
13.De belin
14.Graham
15.Leilua
16.Robson
17.Lawrie
18th man Host
Coached by Paul McGregor

Crush

Coach
Norman is the playmaker and game manager. Widdop at fullback will let his backs know of threats and opportunities. Widdop will also chime in to the line on either side of the field and even down the middle he sees opportunities.
Widdop will play 6.
Aitken and Lafai will be the centres.
Lomax will be either on the wing or in ISP.
This is how it will start round 1.
Thanks

DragonJ

Juniors
1.Widdop
2.Lomax
3.Aitken
4.Lafai
5.Dufty
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Vaughn
9.Mcinnes
10.K Simms
11.Frizzell
12.T Simms
13.De belin
14.Graham
15.Leilua
16.Robson
17.Lawrie
18th man Host
Coached by Paul McGregor
Not bad apart from 2, 3 and 5. 2 should be 3 and 3 should be improving his game in the ISP. Graham surely should start when aggression is at it's zenith. Whatever else can be said about him, he is an aggression machine! He thrives on it.

Crush

Coach
Because that's what our rivals say we should do?
No because that is what Mary will want to do. He is the most conservative coach in the modern game and will be looking to win every single game and he'll believe (wrongly) that the experience of Lafai and Aitken is the way to go.
Widdop at 6, well any idiot can see that is his best position, why move him out of there especially after he has had a year to build the partnership him Hunt.
I agree with Widdop at 6.

DragonJ

Juniors
No because that is what Mary will want to do. He is the most conservative coach in the modern game and will be looking to win every single game and he'll believe (wrongly) that the experience of Lafai and Aitken is the way to go.
Widdop at 6, well any idiot can see that is his best position, why move him out of there especially after he has had a year to build the partnership him Hunt.

Because Norman is much better in that position?

Crush

Coach
Because Norman is much better in that position?
Not so sure about that.
Widdop, when he is on, is one of the best if not the best 5/8 in the comp.
For 2019 we have Widdop on the books. I'd be playing him at 6.
As for Norman, well next year he will no doubt be our 6 but for this year he should start the season in the 14 Jersey and lets see where he fits best into our starting 13 if he plays well enough.

Frank Facer

First Grade
You ask why move Widdop out of his best position? I say because Norman is the best playmaker and game manager we now have. Therefore we must find a place for him in the halves.

Crush

Coach
You ask why move Widdop out of his best position? I say because Norman is the best playmaker and game manager we now have. Therefore we must find a place for him in the halves.
So chuck him in the centres you reckon?
Mate......mate!
Cmon now........

DragonJ

Juniors
Not so sure about that.
Widdop, when he is on, is one of the best if not the best 5/8 in the comp.
For 2019 we have Widdop on the books. I'd be playing him at 6.
As for Norman, well next year he will no doubt be our 6 but for this year he should start the season in the 14 Jersey and lets see where he fits best into our starting 13 if he plays well enough.
If we were to judge a player by the best 2 or 3 games he plays per-year, compared to average games for rivals, he would be always be rated the best in that position. You and McFooknuckle need to get it through your very thick skulls that the competition lasts much longer than the first few rounds of each season.

Norman is the best 5/8 we have and Hunt is the best half we have. Whether the Rorters Andrew Johns or Melbourne's Craig Bellamy like it or not! If Widdop can't make it at fullback he is in the ISP and injury cover for Norman and Hunt.

possm

Coach
If Dufty is selected to play right wing, who would you rather play at right centre, Aitken or Lomax?

Crush

Coach
If we were to judge a player by the best 2 or 3 games he plays per-year, compared to average games for rivals, he would be always be rated the best in that position. You and McFooknuckle need to get it through your very thick skulls that the competition lasts much longer than the first few rounds of each season.

Norman is the best 5/8 we have and Hunt is the best half we have. Whether the Rorters Andrew Johns or Melbourne's Craig Bellamy like it or not! If Widdop can't make it at fullback he is in the ISP and injury cover for Norman and Hunt.
Chill dude. You won't get a rise out of me.

Frank Facer

First Grade
So chuck him in the centres you reckon?
Mate......mate!
Cmon now........
Yeah. I want Dufty to get first crack at fullback. He would know that he has to perform or we would have the option of moving Widdop back to fullback or Field could also come into contention. I want Hunt and Norman as our halves. I am not happy with Aitken or Lafai in the centres. I think Lomax and Widdop would both be upgrades on Aitken and Lafai. I would be finding a place for Widdop in our best 13 and centre is where I would play him. I think both wingers would appreciate playing outside of Lomax or Widdop.

If it didn't work, then I would have to come up with a new plan.

There have been quite a few who scoff at the idea of playing Widdop at centre. For all of those who feel that way, would you like to elaborate on why Widdop would make such a bad centre? Do you think his defence wouldn't be good enough? Do you think he wouldn't be able to attack playing centre. Do they think he is too small for centre? Do they think he is too slow for centre? Or why else would Widdop make such a bad centre in your eyes?

I think Widdop running off Norman or T Sims, with Dufty chiming in would be very good.

In effect, you would rather we have Dufty in our side than Norman. I would rather we have Dufty in our side than Lafai. Many others would rather we had Lafai and Norman instead of Dufty.

Crush

Coach
Yeah. I want Dufty to get first crack at fullback. He would know that he has to perform or we would have the option of moving Widdop back to fullback or Field could also come into contention. I want Hunt and Norman as our halves. I am not happy with Aitken or Lafai in the centres. I think Lomax and Widdop would both be upgrades on Aitken and Lafai. I would be finding a place for Widdop in our best 13 and centre is where I would play him. I think both wingers would appreciate playing outside of Lomax or Widdop.

If it didn't work, then I would have to come up with a new plan.

There have been quite a few who scoff at the idea of playing Widdop at centre. For all of those who feel that way, would you like to elaborate on why Widdop would make such a bad centre? Do you think his defence wouldn't be good enough? Do you think he wouldn't be able to attack playing centre. Do they think he is too small for centre? Do they think he is too slow for centre? Or why else would Widdop make such a bad centre in your eyes?

I think Widdop running off Norman or T Sims, with Dufty chiming in would be very good.

In effect, you would rather we have Dufty in our side than Norman. I would rather we have Dufty in our side than Lafai. Many others would rather we had Lafai and Norman instead of Dufty.
Widdop is a 5/8 and has played the odd game at fullback.
Widdop is NOT a centre and nobody will ever ever select him at centre.
Widdop is a playmaker. He kicks, he passes, he gets his hands on the footy. He is so important in that role and he gets paid the big bucks because of his value as the playmaker.
Chucking a play maker like Widdop out wide in the centres would be a waste of his talent.
Why waste his talent just to squeeze someone else in or out of the team?

Frank Facer

First Grade
Widdop is a 5/8 and has played the odd game at fullback.
Widdop is NOT a centre and nobody will ever ever select him at centre.
Widdop is a playmaker. He kicks, he passes, he gets his hands on the footy. He is so important in that role and he gets paid the big bucks because of his value as the playmaker.
Chucking a play maker like Widdop out wide in the centres would be a waste of his talent.
Why waste his talent just to squeeze someone else in or out of the team?
Dugan wasn't a centre until Mary selected him there.

Latest posts