What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Trials

True_Believer

Juniors
No I did not. My opinion is solely based on his time with us. His attacking flair was there for everyone to see however, I was very surprised to hear reports lauding his defence in this game.

OD reports? I haven't seen anywhere anyone say anything other than mentioning a single tackle?

True_Believer

Juniors
Maybe you should also watch the whole game I didn't say he's a superstar. But he certainly did nothing wrong ,strong carry's, couple of nice catches ,just a very solid game

?

I'm replying to possm - and his statement that people were lauding his defense. I was trying to determine where he got that from because none of your comments actually stated anything specific - you just mentioned he had a good game.

You appear to be getting overly sensitive about people questioning your statements. And as I've said a couple of times now, I didn't see anything in the second half to indicate what you are saying - I've already stated it must have all happened in the first half because he didn't see the ball at all in the second half and the attack went down the other side so defensively had had very little to do. I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying I didn't see it from what I saw.

EDIT: How about this, OK, he had a solid game - I respect your views on the game and the player. I'm not going to watch the whole replay because firstly, from my perspective, it's a trial and the teams were ISP level at best. Secondly, I'm OK with the club letting him go and I'm not going to bemoan the decision for months to come.

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
?

I'm replying to possm - and his statement that people were lauding his defense. I was trying to determine where he got that from because none of your comments actually stated anything specific - you just mentioned he had a good game.

You appear to be getting overly sensitive about people questioning your statements. And as I've said a couple of times now, I didn't see anything in the second half to indicate what you are saying - I've already stated it must have all happened in the first half because he didn't see the ball at all in the second half and the attack went down the other side so defensively had had very little to do. I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying I didn't see it from what I saw.

EDIT: How about this, OK, he had a solid game - I respect your views on the game and the player. I'm not going to watch the whole replay because firstly, from my perspective, it's a trial and the teams were ISP level at best. Secondly, I'm OK with the club letting him go and I'm not going to bemoan the decision for months to come.
So you don't mind we let him go, and signed Maranta to replace him . .. . Good on you ... .....

Dragon66

Juniors
I've got to say the quality of the live streaming trails has been first class so far.
Very enjoyable viewing.
Feels more like you are at the game than the commercial operators presentation.
The commentary's a bit bland but you get a good overview of the field of play, and then a reasonable close up when following the ball.
Well done NRL I say.

For those who may not know it is live streamed on the NRL and Dragons websites, with a video on demand loaded later on.

I'm watching from sunny Kunnanurra in the Kimberleys from 1pm. Can't wait til kick off.
Looking forward to another roller coaster ride with the Dragons. Go the Dragons!

True_Believer

Juniors
So you don't mind we let him go, and signed Maranta to replace him . .. . Good on you ... .....

I don't have an opinion on Maranta, but I am not going to wallow in my tears because the club let Herbert go. Everybody sees something in players and believe they should be kept. He looked promising but people on here have stated that his attitude was poor and others have said he wanted to move back to NZ. I don't know the details so I'm not going to bitch about the club because of this decision given we don't know the full picture. He's gone, and we move on.

Mate, just because others have a difference of opinion doesn't make it wrong.

Drag Queen

Bench
I've got to say the quality of the live streaming trails has been first class so far.
Very enjoyable viewing.
Feels more like you are at the game than the commercial operators presentation.
The commentary's a bit bland but you get a good overview of the field of play, and then a reasonable close up when following the ball.
Well done NRL I say.

For those who may not know it is live streamed on the NRL and Dragons websites, with a video on demand loaded later on.

I'm watching from sunny Kunnanurra in the Kimberleys from 1pm. Can't wait til kick off.
Looking forward to another roller coaster ride with the Dragons. Go the Dragons!
I have a friend who moved there. Her name is Kate Woods and she is the local pharmarcist. Small and wonderful place. Enjoy.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Last night Herbert played an ok game, one that would be expected of him.
At this stage he has no contract with the Warriors, train and trial, i believe. His game last night would go along way ti secure an NRL contract with them. However, it wad (a) a trial and (b) it was of ISP quality not NRL.
Good luck to the young man if he gets that contract, but i dont expect, unless through injuries, that his name will appear on the Warriors NRL team sheet.

Drag Queen

Bench
Last night Herbert played an ok game, one that would be expected of him.
At this stage he has no contract with the Warriors, train and trial, i believe. His game last night would go along way ti secure an NRL contract with them. However, it wad (a) a trial and (b) it was of ISP quality not NRL.
Good luck to the young man if he gets that contract, but i dont expect, unless through injuries, that his name will appear on the Warriors NRL team sheet.
Ouch.

Latest posts