What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Trials

Crush

Coach
Did you watch the game Crush? He was good.
I didn't watch the game DQ.
I'm sure Herbert is a decent player, he looked good last year in ISP, really good. Whether he is a blistering first grade centre only time will tell.
Yesterday's match was another reserve grade quality game no doubt being a trial. I look forward to watching him play on the big league.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I'm sure Herbert is a decent player, he looked good last year in ISP, really good. Whether he is a blistering first grade centre only time will tell.
Yesterday's match was another reserve grade quality game no doubt being a trial. I look forward to watching him play on the big league.
well thanks for admitting your a dickhead crush

BLM01

First Grade
well you obviously didnt watch the game CRUSH and obviously the critics are all blind, if you watched the game CRUSH i could accept your criticism.
Lets be fed dinkum though. Herbert used to go good at ISP level. Storm had less than half of their GF side last night and the worst half too except for Nelson & the halfback and similar Warriors...it was basically reserve grade trial quality teams.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Lets be fed dinkum though. Herbert used to go good at ISP level. Storm had less than half of their GF side last night and the worst half too except for Nelson & the halfback and similar Warriors...it was basically reserve grade trial quality teams.
you mean fair dinkum i presume your crushes wife .............

True_Believer

Juniors

Again, had to be the first half where he did all the amazing stuff. In the second half I saw him make the Drinkwater tackle and also take a bomb with no contest and then die with the ball. From memory he didn't touch the ball other than that and did hardly any defensive work.

If his great game included the second half, then it must have been a different game to the one I watched.

And as you say BLM, I didn't recognise anyone playing for the storm - they struggled to contain the big Kiwi forwards and their attack looked completely disjointed. The Warriors didn't fare much better in attack but looked to have a better pack. I wouldn't even say it was ISP quality to be honest. Just looked messy - which is to be expected from a trial game I suppose.

possm

Coach
So the media don't write up that Patrick Herbert starred in this game because they are in love with Mary and think if they did Mary would lose face?
Riiiiight......
Crush, tell me why you are always on the wrong side of a logical argument.

I suggest you re-set and argue for what is always in the best interest of SGI. In the future no one will thank you for defending the in-defendable. Just pretend you are an HONEST referee who may make mistakes now and then but never intend to.

Last edited:

possm

Coach

I always thought Lomax and Herbert were going to be our long term centre pairing. Millward and possibly Mary had other ideas. Herbert instead of Maranta would have not been more costly or indeed a poor decision given the fact that Aitken and Lafai are favourites of Mary.

Crush

Coach
Crush, tell me why you are always on the wrong side of a logical argument.

I suggest you re-set and argue for what is always in the best interest of SGI. In the future no one will thank you for defending the in-defendable. Just pretend you are an HONEST referee who may make mistakes not and then but never intend to.
Just trying to bring some balance to the force Possm.
When a poster calls that Mary is blind for letting Herbert go after one trial game against a reserve grade opposition where Herbert didn't actually do anything extraordinary I call it for what it is.
RUBBISH

True_Believer

Juniors
I always thought Lomax and Herbert were going to be our long term centre pairing. Millward and possibly Mary had other ideas. Herbert instead of Maranta would have not been more costly or indeed a poor decision given the fact that Aitken and Lafai are favourites of Mary.

Did you watch the game possm?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Sorry if I didn't buy into your idea that Mary is now blind for letting Herbert go based on last nights trial.
If that makes me a dickhead then so be it.
NO CRUSH BUT YOU CRITICISED ME AND YOU HADNT EVEN SEEN THE TRIAL BE IT 1ST GRADE OR RESERVE GRADE ..........OR Z GRADE

Overseas dragon

Juniors
NO CRUSH BUT YOU CRITICISED ME AND YOU HADNT EVEN SEEN THE TRIAL BE IT 1ST GRADE OR RESERVE GRADE ..........OR Z GRADE
AND I DIDNT CRITICIZE MARY FOR LETTING HERBERT GO I SAID HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT HE HAD IN THE CUPBOARD I REMEMBER WHEN PERIERA GOT HIS DEBUT AT THAT TIME HERBERT WAS PLAYING EXTREMELY WELL,AS A MATTER OF FACT HERBERT WAS FULLBACK A LOT AND WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR A LOT OF PERIERAS TRY ASSISTS ......

Warabrook saint

Juniors
So the media don't write up that Patrick Herbert starred in this game because they are in love with Mary and think if they did Mary would lose face?
Riiiiight......
After four and a half years of his garbage why don't they call it what it is, Price was gone after two and a half years

Crush

Coach
After four and a half years of his garbage why don't they call it what it is, Price was gone after two and a half years
Agree, but probably best to post that in the sack mary thread.
Unless you think Mary should be sacked for letting Patrick Herbert be released?

Crush

Coach
No I did not. My opinion is solely based on his time with us. His attacking flair was there for everyone to see however, I was very surprised to hear reports lauding his defence in this game.
He ran out of the line and put a hit on a playmaker, thats all.