What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Panthers v Eels Trial match this Saturday is a sell out. I think capacity is around 5k.
I believe it sold out last year too with the doggies and raiders.
Funny there was a push back by some Karen on the Bega council who didn’t want it played for moral reasons, ha.

sempmrh

Juniors
Decent crowd down at Casey Fields for the Storm/Cowboys trial. Not familiar with this ground so couldn’t give an estimate but at least a couple of thousand.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Parra is selling well, so are the raiders.

the Raiders should have been given a better time slot and better opposition. Could have got over 20k.

Cows have obviously sold out too. As we know the cows should have opened the stadium against a low drawing team because it would have sold out regardless.

beave

Coach
Parra is selling well, so are the raiders.

the Raiders should have been given a better time slot and better opposition. Could have got over 20k.

Cows have obviously sold out too. As we know the cows should have opened the stadium against a low drawing team because it would have sold out regardless.

the weather in NQ this week is forecasted to be pissing down with rain up until next sunday. I agree with you, scheduling the derby for rd1 up there was ridiculous. This would have been a sell out regardless whom we were playing. The NRL are f**king short sighted, it astounds me.

The Cowbs will make their money on friday regardless how many rock up, it doesn’t take much to cut the roads to the north and south of Tvl and this game is always the one the out of towners want to get to.

It will just be a shit look at having the opening of the stadium with empty seats

Warriors Fever

Juniors
So what’s everyone’s predictions?

Eels vs dogs 26k
Raiders vs Titans 15k which would be a great crowd considering opposition and timeslot
Cows vs broncos 25k if dryish 19k if wet
Knights vs warriors 19k
Souths vs sharks 13k hard to judge this one
Penrith vs chooks 15k
Seagulls vs storms 15k
Dragons va tigers 14.5k

franklin2323

Immortal
the weather in NQ this week is forecasted to be pissing down with rain up until next sunday. I agree with you, scheduling the derby for rd1 up there was ridiculous. This would have been a sell out regardless whom we were playing. The NRL are f**king short sighted, it astounds me.

The Cowbs will make their money on friday regardless how many rock up, it doesn’t take much to cut the roads to the north and south of Tvl and this game is always the one the out of towners want to get to.

It will just be a shit look at having the opening of the stadium with empty seats

You will never get huge crowds to Thurs and Fri night games. Little things like this is what will improve the crowds

beave

Coach
You will never get huge crowds to Thurs and Fri night games. Little things like this is what will improve the crowds

Friday vs Bulldogs Rd1 at the new NQ stadium would have sold out.

Saturday night anytime of the year vs the bulldogs won’t sell out at the new NQ stadium.

franklin2323

Immortal

Saturday night anytime of the year vs the bulldogs won’t sell out at the new NQ stadium.

yep. Keep Bris v NQ for round 5 or 6 after the new season glow has started to wear off.

btw my previous post was for across the league generally

Marlins

Juniors

Aren’t they playing the dogs on Anzac Day Saturday night? pretty high chance it will sell out

beave

Coach
Aren’t they playing the dogs on Anzac Day Saturday night? pretty high chance it will sell out

maybe, maybe not?? (sell out i mean). I’ve been to a NQ v Manly game on an Anzac saturday night and it didn’t sell out.

The only other slot it might go close is an Easter Sunday night.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Is the 6PM Friday slot actually ok for Canberra - I think it is preferred for Newcastle and Gold Coast
Lots of public servants in Canberra clocking off at 4-4:30 ha ha. Traffics not too bad I don’t think it’s as much a deterrent as a Thursday night would be.

Haffa

It’s A League scheduling. Front load for no reason.